No announcement yet.

Asante Samuel claims he won't show up until Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Patriots ARE the favorites to win the Super Bowl. I don't think there is much question about that.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      No it's not.

A likely scenario is over 50%. If you gave me the field of 31 other teams versus the Pats I would take any offer you wanted to lay on the table.

This is what I'm talking about. They haven't won anything yet. They added a potential washed up player and a pass rusher. Both could work out. Both could not. Right now they are nothing more than the offseason champions, and usually that doesn't turn out to be a good thing.
      Your definition of likely is way off. Let's break this down in slomo

32 teams -> one trophy. So in a perfectly honest world, every team would have about 3.13% chance to win, agreed?

Now let's say half the teams in the league don't have the stuff to win it in the first place, barring a miracle of course. So that's still 16 teams, or 6.25% chance.

Now let's say we break it down one more step, logically so this is barring major change and all that. Let's say 8 teams are still contending at this point. chances of winning it all are 12.5 percent, seems fair right?

So your definition of likely flies... in a two team league. Now even if we narrow it down a whole lot, it still comes down to the fact wether the chance the pats win it all are larger than 12.5 percent AT MOST. If you wish to put everybody in as a contender, the percentage drops to 3.13.

So depending on your definition of a 'contender', as long as the pats' chance of winning the superbowl is larger than 3.13% or 12.5%, I can call it a likely situation. And let me assure you, I feel their chances exceed 12.5 percent. Class excused.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

You need to find yourself a dictionary.

If someone says they are likely to do something it means there is a greater chance that it will happen than not. On an injury report if a player is listed as probable (which, by definition, is more or less the same thing as likely), it means there is a greater than 50% chance of them doing it (in this case around 75%).

And nobody holds class on the professor.8)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Brady signed a 6 year $60 mill contract in '05 ..

Samuel wants similar deal to Clements which turns out to be close to 10 mill per year like Brady on average. Thats ridiculous..hes nowhere near what Brady's worth and hes done it for 1 year..less actually. He shines in playoffs in past but only 1 really good season(less than a full season actually)

Comment

Brady is worth way more than 6 for 60 million. Especially with the new CBA. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Brady is worth way more than 6 for 60 million. Especially with the new CBA. You're comparing apples and oranges.
              Not really, he's simply stating how the Pats evaluate worth in players. They aren't going to pay anyone more than Brady, no way.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information