Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens trying to ink Suggs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...48sYEsiWQH8sMF

The Baltimore Ravens remain in negotiations with Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, but no deal is believed to be imminent.

Suggs is entering the final season of his rookie contract and triggered an escalator clause with his 40th career sack that boosted his 2007 base salary to $5 million.

Suggs is the team's top negotiating priority, and they have been trying to sign him to a contract extension since shortly before the draft in April.

Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

wat a relief it would be to sign him to a new deal before the season starts....

he's still only 24, which is hard to believe

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.
        also, we didnt sign adalius to a new deal, partly due to our commitment to suggs who as i said is young and has more years left than AD

Go Ravens!

Comment

The guy is going to get huge money for sure they are going to have to break the bank on this one IMO.

Comment

He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
              He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.
              Oh easily. He's arguably a top 5 DE in the league. Look at what Adalius Thomas got, and he's much older than Suggs. Then look at what Grant from New Orleans got. Suggs is going to break the 55 million mark IMO.

Comment

This would be a VERY good move by the Ravens.

I really think they need to get him locked up before the season or they may not be able to re-sign him. He'd get massive money in FA (although I'm sure they would franchise him).

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suggs, Freeney, and Peppers camps are likely waiting for one to make the first deal, setting precedent for the others to make their negotiations easier.

Maybe the Charles Grant signing is the first shoe to drop in this scenario, probably moreso that the aforementioned three should likely earn more.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him

i wonder if he would go to someone in the afc north
                    like the steelers or browns

interesting
                    i like him, its fun seein him on sundays against the steelers

Comment

Suggs will be re-signed, I figure sometime during training camp as is the history with these signings for the Ravens.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

just wondering.... how much difference is the normal salary for DE's and OLB's?

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him
                          I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.
                          HALL OF FAMER!
                          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                            I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.
                            why is that?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              why is that?
                              tsuggs went to college there

Go Ravens!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information