Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Green to Dolphins for 5th round pick that could escalate to a 4th round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    Adios Daunte.

I'm still very lukewarm on this. I don't see the point of bringing him in for a year and giving up potentially a 4th rounder. All this likely does is puts us from 4-12 to 6-10.
    Yes but if Beck picks up a few things he'd be well worth the fourth rounder.

Comment

It is a about dang time I will miss Green but it was time for a change I'm happy with a 5th a 4th will be even better if it goes down like that but I'm happy with a 5th. The Chiefs all ready have three extra second day draft picks for the 08 draft one for Green one for Sims and one for Lawrence Tynes (kicker) nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        It is a about dang time I will miss Green but it was time for a change I'm happy with a 5th a 4th will be even better if it goes down like that but I'm happy with a 5th. The Chiefs all ready have three extra second day draft picks for the 08 draft one for Green one for Sims and one for Lawrence Tynes (kicker) nice work.
        yeah that is good news

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Um, how so? Green is a vet who maybe has a few years left of real value coming off an injury plagued and statistically poor year from a team that he represents no actual value to.

How does that make his value a 4th rounder, and why are the Dolphins dicks for asking for less?
          Considering Carl Peterson got pretty much what he wanted for Green, I don't think you can claim that he over-valued him. He was worth more than a 6th rounder, Peterson called Miami's bluff and got a conditional 4th instead. Its not being overly picky to get the maximum value for a player.

Comment

.....and the win goes to Carl Peterson.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

this could work out well for the dolphins....
              having a QB not named beck starting this year is very fortunate and probably willl prevent them from a top 3 pick....

Go Ravens!

Comment

Last year
                Joey Harrington 6th that could become a 5th.

This year
                Trent Green 5th into a 4th

Next year
                Rex Grossman 4th into a 3rd

Comment

A bit of irony....

This whole Trent Green situation was eerily similar to last year's situation with Steve McNair and the Titans....other than the whole McNair lockout debacle, it was almost like the same story, only with different names.

With so many other similarities, it's only fitting (and rather ironic) that the Trent Green trade went down almost exactly one year after the McNair deal....only a couple days short.

Comment

I like the move by the Chiefs. Trent Green manages a game well but they're paying huard enough money and he played well enough last year to earn the job. They could get a 4th round pick next year and in 2008 that player could make a difference when Trent Green may not.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Thank god this is finally over! Croyle will be the starter next season IMO. From everything I've read Huard is going to have to have one heck of a training camp to win the job.

Comment

ahah two more losses for the bills?
                        yeah right....
                        a pass rushing D-line against Mr.Immobility

Comment

Its a 4th if Green plays 70 percent of the offensive snaps, so there is a good chance the conditions will bet met.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2894631

Comment

im very disappointed in mueller for giving in and offering the higher pick but i guess this means the end of daunte so i cant really complain much.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I had to.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp5IP76PeY

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

If only the Dolphins would have went with Drew Brees... thank you MIAMI!!
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information