Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Green to Dolphins for 5th round pick that could escalate to a 4th round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Brodie Croyle time!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Finally. I'm wondering where Daunte is going now...?

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Miami blinked first. Still think Miami will have a top 5 draft pick next year. Miami is just not a very good team playing in a tough division.

I'm not impressed with Beck either and 2nd round QB's have a tremendous failure rate.

Comment

To me it was a good move by both teams fair on both ends.

Comment

The thing about Beck in this scenario is that for the Dolphins to get legit value out of that pick, he has to be starting by 2008 at the least. Is it really worth trading for Trent Green and giving him an extension (also moving Culpepper in the process), when you really have to get this rookie QB into your lineup quickly? I would say no.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Do you think anyone is going to make the trade for Culpepper?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2894921

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
                Thank god this is finally over! Croyle will be the starter next season IMO. From everything I've read Huard is going to have to have one heck of a training camp to win the job.
                And from what I've read Huard will be starting again after game 3 when Croyle's knees give in.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  Finally. I'm wondering where Daunte is going now...?
                  to the doctors office and never coming out
                  i seriously think his career might be over... though the injury isnt career threatening, i dont see him being the same

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    It's Brodie Croyle time!!!!
                    Whats so great about Croyle.

Could Culpepper end up with the rams? he had his best season under scott lenahan in minnesota
                    Last edited by DeathbyStat; 06-06-2007, 11:19 AM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                      Do you think anyone is going to make the trade for Culpepper?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2894921
                      What team could really use a star QB who is still only about 30, used to have a big time arm, but got by on his athleticism? Culpepper has a lot of past results, and the team has to be okay with taking risks on guys for the right price. Possible destinations include: Houston, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Baltimore, Carolina, and Chicago. Thinking about the rest of the league, I can't say for sure that other don't see many teams chomping at the bit to get him in a trade, especially with his contract. I foresee teams trying to sign him once he's released by Miami. I don't think any team will want him so badly that they will trade a draft pick for him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                        That is what we plan on finding out.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          The thing about Beck in this scenario is that for the Dolphins to get legit value out of that pick, he has to be starting by 2008 at the least. Is it really worth trading for Trent Green and giving him an extension (also moving Culpepper in the process), when you really have to get this rookie QB into your lineup quickly? I would say no.
                          That's easy to say but GM's and HC's get fired when their team stinks up the league. There was no way either of these guys wants the owner breathing down their necks when he's looking out at empty seats because Miami stinks. A GM and HC are also paid to keep a stadium filled and the money pouring in. Sports fans rarely understand the real picture in running a team especially the financial side of the equation.
                          Fans are renewing their season tickets this time of the year and Miami could be looking at hundreds of millions of dollars in losses with Lemon or Beck as their starting QB. Signing Green will allieviate that for know even if it turns out he isn't the player he used to be, then by next year Beck may be ready after starting the last few games of the coming season. Fans live on hope and you had better offer them some or the owner's pocketbook will be awfully light for the coming season. A 4th or 5th round pick is cheap if it enables you to keep your job and provides Miami fans with some hope for next season.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post

Could Culpepper end up with the rams? he had his best season under scott lenahan in minnesota
                            He has a cannon for an arm, he is accurate, he has a quick release, he has good mechanics, and he is a leader.

The only thing not great about him is his ability to stay healthy.

Hopefully that will change.

Comment

Culpepper=Lions!!!!
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information