Daunte on his way out of Miami

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daunte on his way out of Miami

Thought this deserves its own thread, Trent Green addition looks to have pushed him out. Not to sure if any other team will take a chance on him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2894921

I posted this in the other thread.

Considering most teams that passed up on BQ in the draft and how there didn't seem like that much of a need for QB this time of the year, I don't see him gettingg much value if any at all.

Comment

Its the right move. Cameron's system doesn't fit Culpepper. He also probably doesn't want to hinder Beck's development by having Culpepper stealing reps from him. Its just easier to name Green your starter for this year and let Beck develop as his backup for now.

Comment

interesting developments......they probably won't get more than a fifth rounder for him....

Comment

Which team needs a vet QB?

Comment

Someone needs a good backup. Which is what Culpepper is without Moss, a good backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
              Someone needs a good backup. Which is what Culpepper is without Moss, a good backup.

Atlanta comes to mind...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                Atlanta comes to mind...
                it's all about the system too. I think Petrino is going to implement a sort of WCO which I don't think Culpepper is capable of running.

Comment

How about the Raiders. Imagine him and Russell on the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    How about the Raiders. Imagine him and Russell on the same team.
                    That's ridiculous. How is that a big deal? They won't ever be on the field at once.

Comment

I think he goes back to Minnesota or Kansas City and maybe Jacksonville.
                      9ers rock

Comment

Originally posted by BX View Post
                        That's ridiculous. How is that a big deal? They won't ever be on the field at once.
                        Doesn't matter. Russell isn't ready to start. And Culpepper is better than anythign else the Raiders have. Hell, if Russell isn't just completely lazy he might be able to learn something from a similar QB in Culpepper.

Comment

We all know Gruden will be interested in him.

Comment

Raiders have McCown to start the season and when Russell is ready he will play, Raiders have no place for Culpepper.
                            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Is Culpepper even capable of playing? I thought his knee was basically made out of silly putty now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information