Sporting News: NFC Safties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    I'm hoping for Underwood or Rouse next year. If Rouse can cover, he'd be an awesome fit.
    I really dont care who it is. If Manuel happens to step up and play then him, but im rooting for Rouse cuz hes a hometown guy though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      ugghh Will Demps brings Gibril down so much...

the NFC does have better DE's than the AFC though
      Better DEs and better wide receivers imo.

Gibril is probably a top 5 safety at the moment imo, very underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        Gibril is probably a top 5 safety at the moment imo, very underrated.
        Gibril Wilson really hasn't been that special since his rookie year. I was a huge follower of him then and he got hit with injuries and seem to fall off the map.

The homer in me says that if he's healthy all season then Roman Harper will be a very good safety in the NFC. He reminds me of Whitner in Buffalo.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

i love Gibril. last year, it always looked like he got burnt, when in reality, he was only in the play recovering for his team-mate who got burned. HUGE supporter of him, but he needs to improve his tackling.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

You guys make Micheal MAAAD! Micheal no like to be mad!

Comment

I'd put the Eagles as number one just based off of Brian Dawkins. You can put Lamont Thompson beside him and it'll still be one of the top five safety duos in the NFC because of Dawkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                I'd put the Eagles as number one just based off of Brian Dawkins. You can put Lamont Thompson beside him and it'll still be one of the top five safety duos in the NFC because of Dawkins.
                You're a good man. Dawkins is nasty.

Comment

Wow. The Vikings are way too high.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

6. 49ers. Michael Lewis is a bruising presence. He can be vulnerable in coverage, but that is the strength of Mark Roman, who consistently hassles receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                      Actually the complete lack of any kind of pass rush was the reason for the pass defense not to mention teams threw 40-60 times a game on us down the stretch. Dwight smith played very well, and darren sharper didn't have a stellar year but he is still a top safety in this league. actually 3 is pretty low considering if mike doss and tank willliams are healthy we will have the most/best depth at Safety in the NFC. But NFC isn't really great with safeties as shown the top 5 are pretty subjective i think you could make a case for a few of thoose teams to be #1
                      Well, obviously the lack of pass rush had something to do with it, but the Vikings safties are far from impressive and if they are #3 it shows you how bad the safety situation is in the NFC. The Vikings defense knew the game plan against them would be to pass all day and they still could not stop it one bit. Do you really think the safies had nothing to do with that?
                      You can have all the depth in the word at a position , but if none of the players that provide that depth are very good it doesn't help out too much.
                      Last edited by TitleTown088; 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

15th.. Ouch.. Although I can't really say I disagree. Hopefully Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson can help improve those rankings in the future.

Comment

I think the Saints should be higher TBH. KK/Harper will be very good. At least #8.

Pretty good list though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            Wow. The Vikings are way too high.
                            Agreed. Having a bunch of okay safeties shouldnt put us near the top in any list.
                            What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                            It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

I don't know how our safeties can be 3rd in the NFC when we considered using our #7 pick on Landry.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

wow, the nfc tandems for saftetys are pretty bad... none of those teams have a proven duo.....

not sure if the cardinals would be in the top 5 for nfl tandems...

Go Ravens!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information