Sporting News: NFC Safties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    Better DEs and better wide receivers imo.

Gibril is probably a top 5 safety at the moment imo, very underrated.
    That is questionable.

The NFC definitely doesn't have overall teams that compare to the AFC.

Everybody is in love with the Saints but the fact is they only went 10-6 in the weak NFC. They would not have made the playoffs in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
      I'd have the Eagles, Redskins and then Cards as my top 3.

And the Bears higher, pending Brown is healthy and AA isn't playing.
      Until Landry plays a snap in the NFL, the Redskins duo is not top 3. Right now you can't say that he's gonna be good, when he will have at least 1 year of starting experience you could judge him. And Taylor didn't have that hell of a year too last season to putting the tandem so high just because of him...

The Cowboys duo ranking will depend on Ken Hamlin. If he can provide good coverage downfield they will be very good. Roy Williams was amazing when he was playing alongside Woodson.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

As already mentioned, Vikings and Niners that high is ******* ridiculous. Anyone that could make a legit argument that Michael Lewis-Mark Roman is a better duo than Mike Brown-Adam Archuleta (or Danieal Manning) needs to be in a straight jacket. I'm actually pretty low on the Bears safties, but I wouldn't even take Lewis or Roman on our team, let alone as starters.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          As already mentioned, Vikings and Niners that high is ******* ridiculous. Anyone that could make a legit argument that Michael Lewis-Mark Roman is a better duo than Mike Brown-Adam Archuleta (or Danieal Manning) needs to be in a straight jacket. I'm actually pretty low on the Bears safties, but I wouldn't even take Lewis or Roman on our team, let alone as starters.
          49ers were a huge surprise. Mark Roman couldn't even stick with the Packers who have had a revolving door at safety as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
            Until Landry plays a snap in the NFL, the Redskins duo is not top 3. Right now you can't say that he's gonna be good, when he will have at least 1 year of starting experience you could judge him. And Taylor didn't have that hell of a year too last season to putting the tandem so high just because of him...

The Cowboys duo ranking will depend on Ken Hamlin. If he can provide good coverage downfield they will be very good. Roy Williams was amazing when he was playing alongside Woodson.
            All Roy Williams is, is a run stopping S.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
              This is not true. Roy started last year well in coverage too. The problem with the FS forced the Cowboys to use him as a cover-2 safety and way off the LOS. The result was a drastic downgrade of Roy's performances.

And if you look at the games Roy played with Woodson you'll find out that he was great, because he didn't have to cover a lot of field but he was allowed to play the short and intermediate zones where he is a very effective player...

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post

What are you talking about? :D

Comment

Nice ball skills. ;)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCc-mzmWkzA

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Roman played a solid year of coverage in SF last year. He isn't going to make any probowls, but he is a solid NFL safety.

Who did GB cut him for again? Ohhhhh.....Marquand Manuel....that worked out well...

Comment

8. Falcons. Lawyer Milloy, 33, can still pack a wallop and is strong in run support. Jimmy Williams and Chris Crocker, both of whom struggle in coverage, will compete at free safety.
                        yeah Jimmy struggles. at CB. not at S though. Jimmy is a beast as a S ion terms of coverage and is that all around safety. reminds me of Scott Case actually (I never saw Case live but I watched old videos of him before and he was a physical corner before he moved to FS and then near the end SS). Crocker sucks in coverage though and will be moved to SS this year IMO.

Owner of ScarDraft
                        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

He picked off Mark "Noodle Arm" Brunell. I bet if that was Campbell, it would have lasered right through his hands :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/189354...min_v_cowboys/

What a ball-hawk (time two)

Edit: Then it ends with a Sean Taylor (better saftey) hit ftw.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huviqugFZi8

Comment

who ever drafts Courtney Greene(if he enters) will immidiately have he best safety duo, no matter who he's with :)
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                                Hahaha that's great. Sweet pick by Williams picking off a 92 year old QB

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information