Someone explain to me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    Oh and he threw up in the Super Bowl. And began to throw screen passes at 90 MPH. The guy breaks down under pressure. He's like Dwight Freeney. Only plays good when hes ahead
    Whoa buddy take it easy. I beg to differ on that "only plays good when he's ahead". I'm sorry, I fail to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Whoa buddy take it easy. I beg to differ on that "only plays good when he's ahead". I'm sorry, I fail to see that.
      Sorry but Neo has me pretty pissed, I have to throw out everything

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Hahaha Neo you're a tard. The fact taht you've been trying so hard to bash Elway for 6 pages of this thread is quite amusing. The FACT that every professioanl NFL analyst and member on this board disagrees/would disagree with you doesn't really get to you? Let me just say this... Elway was/is/will be the ULTIMATE QB prospect in history. You talk about his inaccuracy, but scouts during his time said he could LASER a ball with SUPURB accuracy from 40-60 yards out. This is why many scouts also believe that there has never been a true "franchise QB" since Elway... not even Peyton Manning.

Also, you credit teams for wins, but aren't teams also catalysts for QB statistics? Put John Elway in today's Colt's offense. Give him Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Addai (back then Edge too), an elite O-Line, in a DOME for half the season, in addition to the rule where DBs cannot place their hands on WRs past 5 yards and Elway would've put up just as good if not better statistics.

I believe NJX9 poitned out that Marino had no where near passing options Manning does. That's a fact. Now let me extend this further. Elway had even less offensive weapons than Marino UNTIL late in his career. Your bringing up of statistics is amusing. Jake Plummer's best statistical season yardage-wise of 4089 yards surpasses taht of John Elway's best yardage season. However, I dare you to come to Denver and try to suggest that Plummer is better than Elway with that statistic.

Myriad people mention how Elway enjoyed the best seasons of his CAREER in his last two seasons... but not just in terms of Super Bowl wins.. but also in his statistics. Elway enjoyed his BEST STATISTICAL SEASONS his LAST two years... isn't that kind of odd? He is definitely passed his prime by then in his late 30's. Right, that's because it reasserts my poitn that teams are large factors with QB's statistics. Give Elway in his PRIME the team that he had late in his career and the Broncos may have been a dynasty of the ages.

Moron, playing in different eras and with subpar supporting casts have A LOT to do with more than wins, they produce the luxury statistics that QB's nowadays can easily achieve.
        Last edited by Namy; 06-10-2007, 02:30 AM.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Also important to rememeber that Elway can throw a vortex 110 yards.

Comment

• Don't feed the ****ing trolls. Just let this thread drop.

Comment

• Just let it be known that being a QB has little to do with stats and numbers..

Comment

• Originally posted by Namy View Post
                in a DOME for half the season
                Not to mention Mile High aint all that pretty in winter
                Manning cant do anything in bad weather

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  I don't really think anybody believes that winning a super bowl makes a great QB. Sure it helps, but if you actually think that what you are saying is common belief, then there is something wrong.
                  Troy Aikman was a first ballot hall of famer because of the wins he got. Terry Bradshaw was the same way.

10-15 other QBs in the league could have done what Troy Aikman did. Should Chris Chandler be a hall of famer? No? He was a better QB than Aikman was, he just didn't have the weapons.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information