No announcement yet.

Someone explain to me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you guys know that a QB's stats are the only way of knowing who's the best? It's pretty much common knowledge. Vinny Testaverde barely edges out Drew Bledsoe as the 6th greatest quarterback in NFL history.
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

A great QB needs the wins, championships, and stats. Johnny U had it all, plus, Manning 6'4, Unitas 6'1, Unitas not even good height for his day. Plus he was deemed to skinny too.

You cant base greatness purely on stats, or wins, or champs, but on it all
      Last edited by neko4; 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Traditionally, it is the quarterback's job to be the leader of the team. And a leaders success is measured in how far he brings his team. If the best buy on Jefferson Street makes 130% of their sales quota the manager will get a bonus. A few teams have deviated from that formula, ie the Ravens with Trent Dilfer but more often than not the quarterback is the unquestioned leader of a successful team.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
          You aren't serious right? You actually think its a joke to compare Johnny Unitas to Peyton Manning? You think that Elway couldn't hold Manning's jock? I hate Elway more then maybe any player in history and even I can admit he's one of the best of all time. Normally I would argue about this with you but everyone else here already knows how ridiculous your joke of an argument is....I'm still laughing about it.

Oh yeah, and you might want to do more research or thinking than looking at career stats...its a bad way to go about things.
          I wonder what Mannings Stats would've been on those Elway Superbowl teams of the 80's.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
            Traditionally, it is the quarterback's job to be the leader of the team. And a leaders success is measured in how far he brings his team. If the best buy on Jefferson Street makes 130% of their sales quota the manager will get a bonus. A few teams have deviated from that formula, ie the Ravens with Trent Dilfer but more often than not the quarterback is the unquestioned leader of a successful team.
            yes, but you cant judge a QB purely on wins, good point though

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
              Manning makes his supporting cast great. Who the hell is Brandon Stockley anyhow? How did Edge hold up last year without Manning? It isnt an argument THE GREATEST EVER.

Elway cant hold Mannings Jock, he is nothing more than a joke 56%.... puh-leeze. McNabb puts up better #'s than Elway.
              puh-leeze
              Last edited by niel89; 06-07-2007, 04:17 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

My favorite statistic: Bill Belichick failed out of Cleveland and was 5-13 in his tenure with New England before Tom Brady entered the starting lineup. The Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl that year and then two more with virtually the same lineup. Don't you think it might have been Brady that made the difference?

Comment

Peyton Manning is playing in the golden age of Quarterback statistics. He is playing in a warm weather division, on an offensive centric team that focuses on bringing in talented weapons. (1st round picks on Tarik Glenn, Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Anthony Gonzalez, off the top of my head.) He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but of course he has great stats. His stats aren't even that much better than Marino, actually. Marino would be lighting up today's NFL.

Comment

One word: succesful.

QB is the most important position in any sport. No single sport puts such significance into a QB. Sure, some sports have some really important positions too, but none is as important as the QB. Now, I am not saying that I concur with this idea, but the point they emphatise is the following:

Would you rather have Tom Brady and win 3 super bowls, or Peyton Manning an only win one? It is not a talent issue, or ability for that matter, rather how succesful the QB was throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                      One word: succesful.

QB is the most important position in any sport. No single sport puts such significance into a QB. Sure, some sports have some really important positions too, but none is as important as the QB. Now, I am not saying that I concur with this idea, but the point they emphatise is the following:

Would you rather have Tom Brady and win 3 super bowls, or Peyton Manning an only win one? It is not a talent issue, or ability for that matter, rather how succesful the QB was throughout his career.
                      so would you take Trent Dilfer over Randall Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        But Trent was never a guy who would grab the team by its balls, and throw everyone upon his shoulders. That is what you look for in a quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                          But Trent was never a guy who would grab the team by its balls, and throw everyone upon his shoulders. That is what you look for in a quarterback.
                          "I've never seen a man lifted by his testicles before."

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            "I've never seen a man lifted by his testicles before."
                            I would hope you would not want to.

Comment

When people say Joe Montana is the Greatest quarterback of all time, it is because of what he did in theBIG situations.

Anyone remember the 1981 NFC Championship Game. Joe Montana to Dwight Clark (AKA the Catch).

1989 Superbowl Joe Montana pass to John Taylor

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00016306.html

"Take the 1989 Super Bowl against the Cincinnati Bengals. The San Francisco 49ers were down by three points with 3:20 left when Montana spotted -- no, not an open receiver -- but a personality. "There, in the stands, standing near the exit ramp," Montana said to tackle Harris Barton. "Isn't that John Candy?" And then he led the 49ers 92 yards, throwing for the winning touchdown with 34 seconds left."

Also I think this quote by Randy Cross fits this topic perfectly

"There have been, and will be, much better arms and legs and much better bodies on quarterbacks in the NFL," said former 49er teammate Randy Cross, "but if you have to win a game or score a touchdown or win a championship, the only guy to get is Joe Montana."

In a quarterback do you want the guy with the biggest arm, fastest legs or the quarterback who always comes up big, in the big situations

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                                Did you read the whole post?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information