• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my top 3 is

1. marino
    2. elway
    3. favre

those guys i think in any system on any team and in any era would be the best

manning, when he is done will be up close to the top but he isnt there yet...if he is pressured alot he screws up...marino while not being able to run had a great pocket presence that manning doesnt have...favre & elway= playmakers...they put up numbers...they are leaders...they lead comebacks...those 3 are hands down the best to me....i leave montana out only becuz i dont think that he would be who he is had it not been for the situation he played in...look at it this way...put my 3 in montana's shoes..do they win those 4 super bowls? i think yes....put montana in any of there shoes and would he have had the careers that they did? i dont think so..but thats just my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
      Okay, who the hell is Mario? Dude you imported Mario onto Madden???
      He obviously just left out the N, not to hard to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
        He obviously just left out the N, not to hard to work out.
        But he did it in like 3 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
          Manning makes his supporting cast great. Who the hell is Brandon Stockley anyhow? How did Edge hold up last year without Manning? It isnt an argument THE GREATEST EVER.

Elway cant hold Mannings Jock, he is nothing more than a joke 56%.... puh-leeze. McNabb puts up better #'s than Elway.
          Worst comment ever....

More like "Who the hell is Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Joseph Addai."

Thats how nobodies become good.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
            Elway went back to back. The RB situation shouldn't hold water because as long as Shanahan has been there it's always been "insert RB" and have success. Shanahan knew this and thats why he traded Portis for Bailey. If Portis was important enough he would still be a Bronco.

Also, whats the WTF for? Everyone knows Manning is a lock, but he aint in Canton right now.

If Mario is a DB and he gets beat you can fire shells at the WR. Awesomeness.
            1. You're ignoring that I used Shanahan as a reason. Elway was a much better QB with him as a coach (and a running game). And he was part of a 50+ man TEAM that went back to back.

2. What relevance does it have? Manning is obviously a HOFer...the fact that he's a garauntee before his career is even close to done says alot no?

3. I don't even know what that means.
            Last edited by SenorGato; 06-09-2007, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
              But he did it in like 3 posts
              He obviously made the mistake more than once.??

Comment

QBs are like Presidents they get too much credit when things are good and too much blame when things are bad.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Nobody has yet to explain to me how Elway is even in Manning's league so i'll assume i have already won that. Now explain to me how McNabb at this point in his career isnt considered a significantly better QB than Elway after 8 seasons.

Comment

1) Explain how McNabb's first 8 years were not better (alot better) than Elways.
                    2) Manning is obviously the greatest QB to ever strap them up. I am sorry for all you people who for some reason hate on him. He is absolutely ridiculous at football.
                    Hmm probably cuz
                    Manning chokes in the playoffs!

I didnt have a negitive rep until people got all bitter that i dont agree that Elway or Marino or Montana or Johnny U are better than Manning, then i pretty much dominate the argument. So they give me a negitive rep, the mods obviously are playing favorites which i find as ridiculous. Pretty much the people cannot argue logically and cannot defend Elway's 56% completion % and his (lesser McNabb type #'s) so they Negitive rep me. It is really ridiculous. I mean i guess i would be bitter too if i sat around in my house wearing a jersey of some rich guy.
                    You truly have no respect for the NFL's rich history and think #'s are the end all be all.

Nobody has yet to explain to me how Elway is even in Manning's league so i'll assume i have already won that. Now explain to me how McNabb at this point in his career isnt considered a significantly better QB than Elway after 8 seasons.
                    Hmm lets see
                    because staats are only a small battle, and Elway has what 2 or 3 great comebacks in his career. Plus Elway had been a great QB all throughout his career. McNabb probably wont make it to 11 or 12 season if he keeps getting hurt.

Anyway my list:
                    1-Johnny U
                    2-Montana
                    3-Baugh (Put up crazy stats for his day)
                    4-Elway (The greatest comeback QB ever, good throughout his career)
                    5-Marino (Most prolific on crap teams)
                    6-Otto Graham (Everyone please look him up)
                    7-Brett Favre (Close to breaking Marino's TD record in a shorter time, would be ahead of him if not for INT's)
                    8-Staubach
                    9-Starr
                    10-Tarkenton

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      Hmm probably cuz
                      Manning chokes in the playoffs!

You truly have no respect for the NFL's rich history and think #'s are the end all be all.

Hmm lets see
                      because staats are only a small battle, and Elway has what 2 or 3 great comebacks in his career. Plus Elway had been a great QB all throughout his career. McNabb probably wont make it to 11 or 12 season if he keeps getting hurt.

Anyway my list:
                      1-Johnny U
                      2-Montana
                      3-Baugh (Put up crazy stats for his day)
                      4-Elway (The greatest comeback QB ever, good throughout his career)
                      5-Marino (Most prolific on crap teams)
                      6-Otto Graham (Everyone please look him up)
                      7-Brett Favre (Close to breaking Marino's TD record in a shorter time, would be ahead of him if not for INT's)
                      8-Staubach
                      9-Starr
                      10-Tarkenton

1) His team doesnt win in the playoffs... believe it or not more than one player suits up. Winning Superbowls has nothing to do with being a good QB. Manning is better than anyone on that list. Johnny U lol... please. People tend to remember the past having some golden ray of sunshine over it. You people arent making any respectable arguments. FACT is Manning is the best QB to ever put on a uniform.

BTW just admit there is NO DOUBT that McNabb's Career thus far is better than Elways at the same point, and it isnt even close. McNabb dominates Elway in just about every part of the game at this point. Just say that McNabb>Elway.

Manning > hahah Johnny U and Montana and the rest of those decent players

Comment

My goodness you just called Unitas and Montana decent players.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

1) His team doesnt win in the playoffs... believe it or not more than one player suits up. Winning Superbowls has nothing to do with being a good QB. Manning is better than anyone on that list. Johnny U lol... please. People tend to remember the past having some golden ray of sunshine over it. You people arent making any respectable arguments. FACT is Manning is the best QB to ever put on a uniform.

BTW just admit there is NO DOUBT that McNabb's Career thus far is better than Elways at the same point, and it isnt even close. McNabb dominates Elway in just about every part of the game at this point. Just say that McNabb>Elway.

Manning > hahah Johnny U and Montana and the rest of those decent players
                          Dude i really cant stand you? You probably dont even know what Johnny U had done in his career.

Dad died while he was young, Manning's dad tutored him at a very young age.
                          Was considered undersized, Manning is of the ideal size.
                          Won first sudden death game, Manning has choked in playoffs.
                          3 Time MVP (only Favre has matched that), Manning has won 2
                          Mobile, Manning cant run
                          First QB to throw 40,000, despite 12-14 game seasons
                          47 consecutive games w/ a TD, a record that still stands
                          U was drafted in the 19th round, Manning a top 10 pick

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            Dude i really cant stand you? You probably dont even know what Johnny U had done in his career.

Dad died while he was young, Manning's dad tutored him at a very young age.
                            Was considered undersized, Manning is of the ideal size.
                            Won first sudden death game, Manning has choked in playoffs.
                            3 Time MVP (only Favre has matched that), Manning has won 2
                            Mobile, Manning cant run
                            First QB to throw 40,000, despite 12-14 game seasons
                            47 consecutive games w/ a TD, a record that still stands
                            U was drafted in the 19th round, Manning a top 10 pick
                            Dad dying while young is apparently supposed to make me think he is better at football. Manning's Dad tutored him at a very young age... one of many reasons why he is better.

Was considered undersized- (dead dad must not have given him proper genetics) Manning Perfect size another reason why he is better.

Teams win playoff games from the best of my knowledge not just one player.
                            40,000 yards.... but you use 12-14 game season as if it is something that would make that more impressive... it isnt, a single season stat would be impressive if you were going to bring up 12 to 14 game season... not career (silly).
                            Wasnt drafted till 19th round apparently makes him better? that isnt logical.

That has to be the worst logical defense of Johnny U i have ever seen, You made exactly zero good points. I am sitting here and laughing at your argumentation. Just because he overachevied and overcame a "rough life" or other such nonsense still doesnt make him a better player. I mean this is silly am i right guys, I mean seriously get off Doug Flute seniors junk. He still couldnt hold Peytons Jock.

Plus talk about Choking... Johnny U is king Superbowl 3 anybody. (btw speaking of god awful QB's how about Joe Namath.)

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              My goodness you just called Unitas and Montana decent players.
                              "Which brings me to my next point kids, Don't smoke crack" - Lawrence Taylor.

Comment

Can we just lock this thread, all it consists of is Neo making the same, bad points that no one with an educated sports opinion will bother replying to...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information