No announcement yet.

G.Ellis asks to get outta Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ellis leaves he would start, Kevin Burnett or Anthony Spencer.

Comment

His IQ went up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
        If Ellis leaves he would start, Kevin Burnett or Anthony Spencer.
        Spencer, Burnett moved inside

By the end of the year, The Starting LBing core will be

Spencer........................................... ...................................Ware

......................Akins....................... ......Burnett

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
          Spencer, Burnett moved inside

By the end of the year, The Starting LBing core will be

Spencer........................................... ...................................Ware

......................Akins....................... ......Burnett
          What about Bobby Carpenter? Will he compete for a starting spot?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            What about Bobby Carpenter? Will he compete for a starting spot?
            He would most likely rotate with Ware and AS at Outside LB, While James will Rotate at ILB

Comment

He'd have to prove he's fully recovered from his Achilles injury for another team to be interested in him, I would think.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I wonder how much the Zimmer connection could influence him...I'd love him in Zimmer's 4-3...

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  I don't like Jerry Jones' attitude towards this. What kind of employer flat out refuses to speak with an employee? Idiotic.
                  I dunno Moses. Probably Jerry has his reasons to do that. Recently Ellis has become a joke.
                  First, we drafted Spencer, who plays Ellis' role, and he started to complaining, saying that this a bad signal, that the team didn't trust him anymore. After that he started to talk with the media saying that he needs a new contract, that the team should show him that he's still the guy and so on. Phillips came out saying that the SOLB job is still Ellis' job, but Ellis said he was frustrated because his team drafted in two consecutive years two players to play his role.
                  Ellis is 32 (and he's not a CB, DEs don't last that much in the league) and coming OFF a major injury. Not only he complains about his team drafting his future replacement (I guess in Ellis mind we should have drafted a future OLB when he retired), but he wants a new contract! Who's gonna give a new contract to a player who is getting old and his coming off a major injury?
                  Maybe Jerry was trying to deliver him a message, something like "just play at this conditions or leave". And right now I'm with him, because Ellis' complaining is ridicolous...

@Killersanta: We don't know who's gonna start inside. You say Burnett only because Phillips used Edwards with the Chargers. I think both James and Carpenter have more chances to start than Burnett...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                    He would most likely rotate with Ware and AS at Outside LB, While James will Rotate at ILB
                    I have been hearing that B Carp moved inside and will likely start this year. I don't think they can afford to use first round picks on guys they don't intent to start anyway.

Comment

Who can argue with him though? The Cowboys have spent three first round picks in a row on linebackers, all of whom are more physically skilled than him and aren't too far behind him in terms of knowledge of the system if at all because of the coaching change. I could see him on the Raiders maybe. I think that the Bengals should definitely get an offer in on him though, They need someone who can rush the passer when Geathers isn't on the field.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information