G.Ellis asks to get outta Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Ellis asks to get outta Dallas

Greg Ellis requested a meeting with the owner to discuss restructuring his contract. Jerry told the media horde today that a meeting ain't gonna happen.
    "I don't have any plans to meet with anybody that's under contract," Jerry said.
    Ellis' response: Fine, then release me.
    "That pretty much sums it up," Ellis said after Jerry's comments were relayed to him. "A player that you're serious about keeping, you don't not meet with him. I guess I can say that and be politically correct."
    Ellis, a DE-turned-OLB, is tied with Flozell Adams as the longest tenured active Cowboy (12 years). But Ellis knew his tenure would come to an end soon after the Cowboys picked Anthony Spencer in the first round.
    Wade Phillips calls Ellis, who is still recovering from an injured Achilles tendon, the team's starting outside linebacker. That doesn't comfort Ellis, who basically said that it isn't the coaches' call. He said coaches told DE Kenyon Coleman that they wanted him here.
    "[Number] 93 is now Anthony Spencer, not Kenyon Coleman," Ellis said.
    Ellis stated that he won't participate in training camp unless he's sure he's 100 percent, because Jerry has made it clear that he won't look out for him. And Ellis made it clear he'd much rather be with another team in time for training camp.
    I doubt that will happen. If nothing else, Ellis is an excellent, reasonably priced insurance policy if the rookie isn't ready. Ellis understands that logic. His reply: "If a guy's not into it, do you really want that guy on your team?"

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 1:20 PM (E-mail this entry)

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...eting_den.html

__________________________________________________ _

Don't know if this should go under Team Talk, but the NFL forum moves so slow anyway, we need somethin to talk about :D

Plus, he's a semi-big name.

he doesn't fit the 3-4. he needs to get out.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
      he does fit a 3-4 as an OLB..he did well there last year before injury

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
        He seemed to fit in just fine last year.
        Man this sucks. We really need him.

Comment

I don't like Jerry Jones' attitude towards this. What kind of employer flat out refuses to speak with an employee? Idiotic.

Comment

Who's gunna want him for the money he wants?

The year after an achilles injury is always a down year and he may never fully recover AND he is getting long in the tooth.

He was a good player, but he has little production left in him.

Comment

Get him out of there and let Spencer start. :D

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

10 Bucks says we cut him and the Redskins sign him................

We have to many LB's anyway...(Even for the 3-4)

Comment

this wouldnt be too bad since carpenter played better outside last year and they drafted spencer to play opposite ware anyway. ellis never wanted to play in the 3-4 and has been complaining ever since they switched to it. now they've taken 3-4 OLBs in the past 3 drafts so im not surprised he wants out still.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                    this wouldnt be too bad since carpenter played better outside last year and they drafted spencer to play opposite ware anyway. ellis never wanted to play in the 3-4 and has been complaining ever since they switched to it. now they've taken 3-4 OLBs in the past 3 drafts so im not surprised he wants out still.
                    Carpenter is moving inside, but they do have 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder outside.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

This has been known quite a while amongst Dallas fans now. Ellis wants to move on to another team, but he isn't being a poor sport about it. Hes been spending most of his time rehabbing and tutoring Spencer for the OLB position.

Comment

I like Ellis and think he is a good role-model guy. he's goin to come to work if he's not traded or released, but for obvious reasons he has made his desires known. He can start somewhere else, although he'll have to take a pay cut becuase of his injury concern

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          Jerry Jones
                          &

Idiotic.
                          In the same sentence. I'm speechless..

Jones should have sat down with him and at least listened to him. He's been there 12 years and been decent at his job. He earned at the very least a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                            &

In the same sentence. I'm speechless..

Jones should have sat down with him and at least listened to him. He's been there 12 years and been decent at his job. He earned at the very least a meeting.
                            he's going in to his 10 year.

Comment

Jones probably doesn't see the point in the meeting. I doubt the management hasn't decided if and how much they'd want his contract reduced and once they do he'd just tell Ellis agent. He knows that Ellis is pissed and what owner doesn't want to talk with angry employees.
                              Last edited by ks_perfection; 06-07-2007, 10:28 PM.
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information