No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Philip Rivers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm a bit surprised no one has any idea why this was posted. fyi chris, if it devolves into what i believe it will, i'll have to lock it and direct people to the proper place for the responses. though you may want to add a poll so that you can back-reference it later.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      i'm a bit surprised no one has any idea why this was posted. fyi chris, if it devolves into what i believe it will, i'll have to lock it and direct people to the proper place for the responses. though you may want to add a poll so that you can back-reference it later.
      I understand. And good idea with the poll btw.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

What's wrong with him? Nothing really. Media overhyped him a bit earlier. He'll go through the normal growing pains, as will Tony Romo, of young QB's, but he has a strong cast around him. That said, relative to 2007, how he plays may determine how far they can go, so Chargers fans are hoping he can step it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
          I understand. And good idea with the poll btw.
          I'm missing something.

Comment

Nice Chris. Mike Vick FTW

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
              Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

But he made the bomb at the end of KC to seal the victory with that field goal.

And he slapped Seattle in the face with another bomb at the end of the game.

This is the most important though:
              Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
              ... Why can't it just be Rivers Fault he's not playing well, how come he gets a "It's everyone elses fault" Free Pass?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
                ... Why can't it just be Rivers Fault he's not playing well, how come he gets a "It's everyone elses fault" Free Pass?
                Because it's a team game?

Comment

It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.
                    I cant STAND that excuse.These pussies are getting paid millions of dollars and are then guna complain that the QB is throwing too hard??? No. that not how it works. Shut your mouth and catch the damn ball. Its your one and only job and its not that hard to do it. :x

Anyways, Philip's #1 receiver is McCardell who is old and hasnt caught a TD all year. Lets be fair, if he had a good #1 receiver his numbers would be way up.

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller

Because it's a team game?

Can everyone use that excuse?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I voted for "inexperienced first year starter; he'll get better"

Oh wait...that wasn't an option.

I smell an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                          Nice Chris. Mike Vick FTW
                          I get it now. :D

Comment

He's growing through the 2nd half slump that all first year starters go through outside of the exception of Tom Brady. It happens, its not a testament that he's a bad qb, but these things happen. After several weeks, teams figure out a first year starter and attack him. Its gonna take a great team effort for SD to win in the playoffs, because most likely Rivers won't have a great performance.

Having that said...isn't it ironic that everyone is pointing out the SAME reasons Rivers is doing bad that we have said for Eli, yet Eli sucks and Rivers is "winning football games" etc. Funny. Also, Roethlisberger "only won because of his team" yet when we mention the same circumstance with Rivers, all of a sudden its a "team sport". Yup......

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              He's growing through the 2nd half slump that all first year starters go through outside of the exception of Tom Brady. It happens, its not a testament that he's a bad qb, but these things happen. After several weeks, teams figure out a first year starter and attack him. Its gonna take a great team effort for SD to win in the playoffs, because most likely Rivers won't have a great performance.

Having that said...isn't it ironic that everyone is pointing out the SAME reasons Rivers is doing bad that we have said for Eli, yet Eli sucks and Rivers is "winning football games" etc. Funny. Also, Roethlisberger "only won because of his team" yet when we mention the same circumstance with Rivers, all of a sudden its a "team sport". Yup......
                              That sounds like a 15-1 team a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

I hear that! What a worthless thug, too. Last game or the game before, he missed a third down(what else is new?) and he took his helmet off in rage and started yelling. What a punk. I bet he's a terrible person off the field. He talks like a self-important punk.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information