No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Philip Rivers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, im sorry that your team didnt win 13 games this year and you need an excuse to tear down the top team in the league.

granted rivers has not played his best ball in the last few weeks, he still has come back HUGE and won the game for the chargers ala last week, the bengals game, broncos game...just pick and watch.

and can u please define "self-important punk"

rivers seems like a down to earth type guy like most offensive charger players are. its called getting into the game and caring for your team.

the defense is another story(foley, keil, etc)
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
      Originally posted by Shiver
      Originally posted by ChargerCohen
      Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

But he made the bomb at the end of KC to seal the victory with that field goal.

And he slapped Seattle in the face with another bomb at the end of the game.

This is the most important though:
      Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
      It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.
      I hear that! What a worthless thug, too. Last game or the game before, he missed a third down(what else is new?) and he took his helmet off in rage and started yelling. What a punk. I bet he's a terrible person off the field. He talks like a self-important punk.
      This may be the best, most misinterpreted thread ever.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
        Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
        It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.
        I hear that! What a worthless thug, too. Last game or the game before, he missed a third down(what else is new?) and he took his helmet off in rage and started yelling. What a punk. I bet he's a terrible person off the field. He talks like a self-important punk.
        This may be the best, most misinterpreted thread ever.
        QFT

Comment

He is a punter playing quarterback. And look at his throwing motion, it's pathetic. When he throws he makes it look like he rides the short bus.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790

I cant STAND that excuse.These pussies are getting paid millions of dollars and are then guna complain that the QB is throwing too hard??? No. that not how it works. Shut your mouth and catch the damn ball. Its your one and only job and its not that hard to do it. :x

Anyways, Philip's #1 receiver is McCardell who is old and hasnt caught a TD all year. Lets be fair, if he had a good #1 receiver his numbers would be way up.
            This is too good.

Comment

i truly can't wait till this can carry over. all it needs is ea and that other guy making a few excuses for rivers.

Comment

i truly can't wait till this can carry over. all it needs is ea and that other guy making a few excuses for rivers.
                River hit that brick yard many first year players yet. He is not playing his best, but he is not losing games and last week he made the clutch play when he had too.

Comment

First off, Rivers' last game wasn't really bad. It was terrible conditions and he got off to a slow start - going 0-11 with several dropped balls. After that he went 10-19 for 180 yards and 2 TD's including the game winner with 46 seconds left. While 10-30 is bad, given the conditions and the fact he was throwing downfield a lot, it was was alright - espically considering he didn't turn the ball over. Look at Hasselbacks stats - He was just over 50% with 2 INTs.

Knowing PR can lead his team to a W with 2 minutes left in terrible conditions told me a lot more about him than his bad start too. How many players have a "bad game" and still make the winning play the end?

Comment

The answer to the question is ..............

They shoulda kept brees. :D

Sig by BoneKrusher
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

I think Billy Volek is a better QB... remember when he came in a few years ago and didn't do too bad? That was amazing.

Comment

I think Billy Volek is a better QB... remember when he came in a few years ago and didn't do too bad? That was amazing.

If the Chargers want to consistently win they need to put in Volek. I mean in '04 he had a killer stretch with 15 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, and average over 300 yards per game. That's better than anything Rivers has ever done.

Comment

If the Chargers want to consistently win they need to put in Volek. I mean in '04 he had a killer stretch with 15 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, and average over 300 yards per game. That's better than anything Rivers has ever done.
                          Yeah, and he had 2 straight games with over 400 yards and over 65% completions :shock: With an 8:1 TD:INT ratio, he's spectacular. Who cares that they didn't win 5 of his 7 starts.

Comment

Yeah, and he had 2 straight games with over 400 yards and over 65% completions :shock: With an 8:1 TD:INT ratio, he's spectacular. Who cares that they didn't win 5 of his 7 starts.
                            Ya Volek never gets his credit. He sat behind McNair forever. I was kinda pissed off when the Titans took Collins over Volek.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Thats a joke...right?

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790

Thats a joke...right?
                                why would it be? he was amazing in his starts in '04. he's cleary a much better quarterback than rivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information