Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
    Originally posted by ncbigbody
    VY. 2750 total yds. 19 total td's 12 int's. 8-5 as starter.

Of course its premature to decide if Mario is going to be good. But dont say Vince Young has'nt already made a statement in this league.
    Certainly he's had an impact. And he has played better than his numbers have shown. But he hasn't played uber-amazing or anything. He isn't dominating and playing like a franchise QB up to this point. Sure he's been good in spurts, but Mario Williams has been good at times too. Did Vince Young have the better year? Obviously. Was it so much better that we know for a fact he was a better pick than Williams? No, not at all.
    True. I will give Mario one more year to prove he deserved to be chosen over the likes of some great players. If he doesnt post at least 8 sacks next year, I will be seriously disapointed.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Originally posted by ncbigbody
      Originally posted by Shiver
      He's been better than expected, but he doesn't deserve credit for three of those "wins" he has. That is all anybody is saying. I am a big fan of Vince Young.
      Which games?

The game against Philadelphia, Jacksonville and Indianapolis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
        He's been better than expected, but he doesn't deserve credit for three of those "wins" he has. That is all anybody is saying. I am a big fan of Vince Young.
        Which games?

Against Philly: 150 total yds 1 td, no TO's, game management.
        Against the Jag's: 89 total yds, no td's no TO's. Not a great game, but he didnt make the big mistake.
        Against Indy: 241 total yds, 2 td's 2 int's. One of the Int's was bogus, he played fairly well that game, I feel he won that game.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Originally posted by ncbigbody
          Which games?

Against Philly: 150 total yds 1 td, no TO's, game management.
          Against the Jag's: 89 total yds, no td's no TO's. Not a great game, but he didnt make the big mistake.
          Against Indy: 241 total yds, 2 td's 2 int's. One of the Int's was bogus, he played fairly well that game, I feel he won that game.
          I don't remember alot about the Eagles game, so I can't comment on that.

Jacksonville game, he didn't make the big mistake, I'll give him that, but he didn't really do anything either. His Defense and Special teams won that game.
          Indy game, I don't think he won it, but at the same time, he didn't really do anything to lose it either. He needed the 60 yard FG, but they won by 3, so it woulda been OT if not for that. That one was a push.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• The Eagles game, Travis Henry and McNabb's injury were the reason for the victories. The Colts game was Rob Bironas and again, Travis Henry.

Comment

• How about that Reggie Bush fumble... He sure showed his rare ability to make big mistakes. First the lateral in the Rose Bowl, the fumble against Pittsburgh and he gave the Eagles life.

I jest, a bit. But if you praise him for a couple good plays, then by precedent I can trash for him for a couple awful plays.

Comment

• Travis Henry ran for over 1000 yards, all when Young was starting. That sure does help. Young is so ridiculously overrated.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

How about that Reggie Bush fumble... He sure showed his rare ability to make big mistakes. First the lateral in the Rose Bowl, the fumble against Pittsburgh and he gave the Eagles life.

I jest, a bit. But if you praise him for a couple good plays, then by precedent I can trash for him for a couple awful plays.
                  I really wouldn't bring up college plays when talking to Bush supporters. But I'll keep that our little secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                    Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                    Originally posted by SterlingSharpe
                    What type of impact is Mario having in the playoffs like Reggie Bush is doing right now?

This is something you cannot teach here.

Moose just said these plays are perfectly defended, but Reggie has something that you can't defend. Just like at USC for 2 years... and don't get me started on Vince Young's impact on a defenses game plan.

Teams don't plan for Mario Williams anymore than they do for Aaron Kampman, the 2006 NFC sack king.

I'd love to get back to every one of you who still thinks that Mario Williams is/or will be a better player than Bush & Young..... in a year and two years.....reminds me of Sam Bowie being defended in 1984.....
                    Good Lord. He's had two impressive runs. Talk to me when he consistently moves the ball at an all-world level game in and game out. And it's Mario's fault the Saints got a $50 million dollar QB, and happened to fall upon the best WR in the draft with the 4th last pick? Actually, talk to me when he shows ability to consistently run up the middle for a whole season. Talk to me when Vince Young throws for more TDs than he has picks. All this talk is so *********** premature.
                    Vince Young's game is not padded with stats, its padded with wins. Thats what he does. Talk to me when Mario helps the Texans win games.

He sure had alot to do with that game against Jacksonville, where the offense couldn't move the ball at all, and the D/ST scored 3 times. And he sure played great in a game that would have gotten them in the playoffs if they won. 42% completions with 0 TD and 2 INT is stuff of legend. He did everything he could.
                    Yeah the jacksonville game wasn't great, but then again we had the ball three tmes in the second and threw the ball two times in the second half.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                      How about that Reggie Bush fumble... He sure showed his rare ability to make big mistakes. First the lateral in the Rose Bowl, the fumble against Pittsburgh and he gave the Eagles life.

I really wouldn't bring up college plays when talking to Bush supporters. But I'll keep that our little secret.
                      Oh no, bring it on. Then I can play the he only dominated in the weaksauce Pac-10 card.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingSharpe
                        Who deserves the credit? Jeff Fisher who was about to be fired before Vince straightened them out?
                        Travis Henry?
                        Those great WRs on the Texans? Name those great WRs.... the U of Texas has a better group of WRs than the Texans.
                        Henry deserve ALOT of credit, he helped VY in a major way, Pitbull told me he was going to surprise me this year....

Comment

• Shiver are you really going to try and say he wasn't the best player in college last year and couldn't have done what he did in any conference? :?

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

The Eagles game, Travis Henry and McNabb's injury were the reason for the victories. The Colts game was Rob Bironas and again, Travis Henry.
                            The Colt game had alot to do with VY also. Also have to add Pacman to the Eagles game win. 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                              Shiver are you really going to try and say he wasn't the best player in college last year and couldn't have done what he did in any conference? :?

The best player in college last year was Vince Young. Second; the difference between team speed in the SEC, even the ACC, and Pac-10 defenses is a large gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                                Shiver are you really going to try and say he wasn't the best player in college last year and couldn't have done what he did in any conference? :?
                                I really couldn't have seen him running for 9 YPC in the SEC last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information