X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SterlingSharpe
    "Bill Parcells said this or that"....
    Ron Wolf said this or that....

First of all, these guys usually like as a smokescreen.

Second of all, Ron Wolf is the same GENIUS who in 1998 selected another DE from the state of NC over WR Randy Moss. He has since claimed that it was his biggest mistake ever. But again, me and my brother who wanted Moss taken that day know nothing about football, because we do not have a GM postion like Wolf did.

Wolf is also the same GM who selected another DE, Jamal Reynolds from Florida State, ahead of Marcus Stroud. Wolf has a terrible track record judging first round talent. He was pathetic with his 1st round picks but did well in the mid rounds.

But that Jamal Reynolds pick cost the Packers a chance at another Super Bowl because this team was close a few years back, despite getting NOTHING out of that high pick.
    It is really easy in 2006, nearly 2007, to look back and see the blunders then make statements like that. At the time of the draft, unless you are a Jets fan, most picks seem pretty good and you see how well they develop in October. The fact of the matter is, you can easily look back and say "The Eagles took Freddie Mitchell ahead of Chad Johnson and Steve Smith" but at the time of the draft, you'd be crazy to suggest that they do it vica versa.

Some prospects just don't pan out while others do. Sam Bowie was probably projected to be an insane player in his day and I highly doubt anyone thought "Michael Jordan will change NBA history, forever". It's just the nature of the business.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

reggie bush wouldnt be doing crap for that team

mario was the right pick

vince young will come down to earth, that team has been getting really lucky every game

Comment

Traded down and taken Jones-Drew, Colston, Vince Young and still have extra picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
          If you think Mario Williams is a bad pick, or reach, then you think Bill Parcells knows less about football than you do. Jerry Jones on Bryant Gumble's HBO show said that the Cowboys, under Parcells, had Williams #1 on their board.

Case closed.
          Boy, they struck gold by reaching for Bobby Carpenter, eh?

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
            If you think Mario Williams is a bad pick, or reach, then you think Bill Parcells knows less about football than you do. Jerry Jones on Bryant Gumble's HBO show said that the Cowboys, under Parcells, had Williams #1 on their board.

Case closed.
            He didn't look that terrible when I saw him in his limited PT. I'd take him over Allen any day.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

I voted Mario, why? because at the time it was the perfect pick for them, they didn't know that Dom Davis would get hurt and kill their running game, they didn't know that Bush would get much PT for them and he didn't wanna sign before the draft when they wanted to. Mario is a great End who happened to be the #1 pick but if he hadn't have been and had gone #2 and the Saints had taken Bush #1 then Mario would look like a much better player,

Also DeMeco Ryans is having a great year correct? Without Williams there to take up blockers maybe Ryans doesn't do what he does, maybe the Texans don't beat the teams they beat, and they have the #1 pick this year? What do they do then? Reggie Bush they would have but they would have gotten destroyed on D so then what do they do take Gaines Adams? Joe Thomas? Quinn? CJ? would be more questions this year.

Although i still belive D'Brick should have been the pick

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Bush would have been pointless. At the time, we had Domanick Davis at RB. in 04 Davis had 1200 yards, 13 TD's, and 70 catches out of the backfield in 15 games. In 05 he had 1000 yards and 40 catches in 11 games. We also had a Pro Bowl returner in Jerome Mathis. Plus Bush doesn't fit our scheme whatsoever.

Carr had just been re-signed. The thinking was that he could still be an elite QB if he were ever given more than 2 seconds of protection. So taking a QB #1 overall when you had just re-signed your young former #1 overall pick who had never really been given a chance would be pointless as well. Also, nearly everyone had him pegged to not be ready for 3 years or so. Houston is terrible.. we needed help NOW.

We are moving to a 4-3 from a 3-4. Our starting DE's would be Jason Babin and Antwan Peek. We have no true Nose Tackle, and we have a DE is playing UT. We needed D-Line help BADLY. A Mario Williams type of prospect at DE is just as rare (if not more) than an elite RB (who can't run in between the tackles) and can be more important.

Now, I love VY, being from Houston, and being a huge UT fan, he WAS Texas football. I never miss a chance to watch the titans play now. But that doesn't mean he would have been a good pick.

Comment

Everybody talking about how Reggie can't run between the tackles must have stopped watching him in Week 9. He's shown a lot of improvement in that aspect of his game.

Anyway, they needed D'Brick.
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

mario was, is,and will be the right choice for houston.

sig by CalBears99
                    Originally posted by yodachu
                    I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen

Case closed.
                      We don't know yet. The Cowboys are deep at LB, and I am sure Parcells would like to hold his rookies back on a contender as much as possible. Still, I doubt anyone can make a legitimate case that Parcells cannot evaluate talent.

Terrence Newman
                      Jason Witten
                      Bradie James
                      Julius Jones
                      Patrick Crayton
                      Demarcus Ware
                      Marcus Spears
                      Marion Barber
                      Chris Canty

That's a significant chunk of the current Cowboys roster, drafted under Parcells. Not to mention Terry Glenn, who was drafted by Parcells back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
                        Mario Williams and the reasons why:

1. Reggie Bush can not run between the tackles and does not fit the ZBS in hindsight (and he never did).
                        2. DE is a bigger need than the QB position and Houston lacks elite defensive talent.
                        3. Mario Williams has just as much upside as Vince Young and Reggie Bush.
                        4. In a division where you must stop the Colts offense if you want to win the division. This has not been done yet and drafting Mario Williams would be a big help.
                        5. Vince Young while he has made great runs is still very inconsistent when throwing the ball and still shows bad mechanics, but he is getting better.

That's all I can think of and that is more reasons imo than drafting Bush or Vince Young.
                        Brillent except Bush's team will be in the playoffs and Tennessee is very close while Houston still stinks and will continue to do so for quite a few more years.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
                          Everybody talking about how Reggie can't run between the tackles must have stopped watching him in Week 9. He's shown a lot of improvement in that aspect of his game.

He's improved, but still, he isn't what the Texans wanted in a back. The Texans ZBS relies upon decisive cut-backs, something Bush has struggled with at times. It's also a scheme that never required a top-tier talent. The Texans never showed interest in Bush, he said as much. The Saints are better for Bush to succeed, the Texans added a much needed D-Line talent, it's win-win.

Comment

Vince Young, just like in college get's all the credit for what the rest of his team is doing. The guy is a great player, but he's not THE reason they've won so many games thus far. Against the Jag's. the Titan's didn't score a touchdown on offense, how can that be attributed to Young? The first time against the Texans the defense had 5 turnover's and a touchdown on ST's. Against the Giants they won on a 60 yd. field goal. True, Young got them there, but sixty yd. field goal. C'mon that's gotta count for something give the kicker some credit. The run in OT against the Texan's would have been negated had they called the holding on Williams changing the whole dynamic of that game. Also, it seems everyone forget's that he's working under great coaching which is the real reason that the Titans are winning. If you look at Young's individual stat's they aren't that great and would not necessarily have translated onto the Texan's.

Bush isn't making more of an impact on the Saints than their seventh rd. pick, while the guy has done well. He wouldn't have had the same result's in Houston. Also, you negate the impact of Bree's and Payton's coaching if you say Bush is the reason for them having such a successful season.

Mario on the other hand is playing through an injury and still having an impact. He doesn't depend on anybody else to get his. This is the difference between him and the other two. Bush and Young depend on the line in order to have success. Mario is the person our defense depends on in order to have success. Mario's stat's aren't indicative of his impact, occupying two people on the offense in different manners don't get stat's. Mario is having a great season, but it's all negated in the #'s because guess what people don't run at him that much. With our porous secondary it's never hard for the opposing QB to get rid of the ball that much quicker. Mario is the best option for this team and has helped in my opinion more than either of the other guys would have. If it weren't for Mario, Demeco wouldn't be in the running for DROY.

Comment

i'd say the point has been proven.

Comment

They made the right pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information