Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    They made the right pick.
    I agree Reggie wouldnt help um and Carr is a good QB like it or not.

Sig by BoneKrusher
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

without doubt mario. he has been hurt this year and admits he cant take plays/games off like he did in college. but as a nc state student the past few years...i saw him dominate like no other player ive ever seen at times. there are games...generally big time games...where he was unblockable. he is the most physically gifted DE ever. it would be as if you put reggie bushes speed in ron daynes body. when it all comes together for mario, this will be one of the more praised picks in the draft history.

Comment

My name is Tubby Johnson-Smith, and I voted for Mario.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
        Originally posted by yodachu
        Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Trading down to slots 2-4 would have been good, taking Mario if he was around and Ferguson if he was taken. Of course this requires that a team was willing to make a decent offer to move up.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection
            Trading down to slots 2-4 would have been good, taking Mario if he was around and Ferguson if he was taken. Of course this requires that a team was willing to make a decent offer to move up.
            They tried to trade down, no one was interested in their price.

Comment

They should have traded the pick and then drafted Ferguson and a boatload of other offensive linemen. That was their biggest need and they didn't address it until the third round. That entire offensive line is a joke; you could put five stacks of hay up there and it would do a better job of protecting Carr.

Comment

out of those 3, thye should have taken Mario because he is the only one that filled a need. they had a perennial 1,000 yd. rusher in domanick davis, and they had a former #1 draft pick in david carr.

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin
                  Vince Young, just like in college get's all the credit for what the rest of his team is doing. The guy is a great player, but he's not THE reason they've won so many games thus far. Against the Jag's. the Titan's didn't score a touchdown on offense, how can that be attributed to Young? The first time against the Texans the defense had 5 turnover's and a touchdown on ST's. Against the Giants they won on a 60 yd. field goal. True, Young got them there, but sixty yd. field goal. C'mon that's gotta count for something give the kicker some credit. The run in OT against the Texan's would have been negated had they called the holding on Williams changing the whole dynamic of that game. Also, it seems everyone forget's that he's working under great coaching which is the real reason that the Titans are winning. If you look at Young's individual stat's they aren't that great and would not necessarily have translated onto the Texan's.

Bush isn't making more of an impact on the Saints than their seventh rd. pick, while the guy has done well. He wouldn't have had the same result's in Houston. Also, you negate the impact of Bree's and Payton's coaching if you say Bush is the reason for them having such a successful season.

Mario on the other hand is playing through an injury and still having an impact. He doesn't depend on anybody else to get his. This is the difference between him and the other two. Bush and Young depend on the line in order to have success. Mario is the person our defense depends on in order to have success. Mario's stat's aren't indicative of his impact, occupying two people on the offense in different manners don't get stat's. Mario is having a great season, but it's all negated in the #'s because guess what people don't run at him that much. With our porous secondary it's never hard for the opposing QB to get rid of the ball that much quicker. Mario is the best option for this team and has helped in my opinion more than either of the other guys would have. If it weren't for Mario, Demeco wouldn't be in the running for DROY.
                  I have watched every play from Mario this season, and right now, he is not even close to as good as you make him out to be. His "double-teaming" is a tackle blocking him, and occasionaly a TE will chip in. Mario gets stood up at the line on a consistant basis, and rarely creates pressure because all he does is try to bull rush.

If he could develope some pass-rushing moves he could be good, but right now his move is to run straight into the tackle, and it makes him a $54 million roadblock.
                  Vincesanity is on the loose

Comment

*yawns* Have fun with Mario Williams, Texans.

*points to sig*
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Mario was the right choice at the time over those two, I personally wanted D'Brick. If we can bring in a legit DE to play across from Mario we will then see how good he really is because he is getting absolutely no help.

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin
                        Vince Young, just like in college get's all the credit for what the rest of his team is doing. The guy is a great player, but he's not THE reason they've won so many games thus far. Against the Jag's. the Titan's didn't score a touchdown on offense, how can that be attributed to Young? The first time against the Texans the defense had 5 turnover's and a touchdown on ST's. Against the Giants they won on a 60 yd. field goal. True, Young got them there, but sixty yd. field goal. C'mon that's gotta count for something give the kicker some credit. The run in OT against the Texan's would have been negated had they called the holding on Williams changing the whole dynamic of that game. Also, it seems everyone forget's that he's working under great coaching which is the real reason that the Titans are winning. If you look at Young's individual stat's they aren't that great and would not necessarily have translated onto the Texan's.
                        This has to be one of the smartest, truest paragraphs ive ever read on NFLDC

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                        Originally posted by yodachu
                        Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

of coarse they made the right pick, and the options you put up there are bad, i really believe that if the draft were re-done, reggie bush would go somewhere in the teens, i personally wouldnt draft him there, but he probly would go somewhere in that area

texans definitly made the right choice, theres an argument for young, and an argument for fergeson, but bush doesnt even belong in the discussion, hes not a runningback, maybe as a WR, but hes not a rb

Comment

It all depends on this years draft if they are able to get AP then they should have taken vince if they could get QUinn or russell then they should have taken BUsh.

Comment

well i think Young would have been the best pick i mean i know they already have Carr but they can always trade while young is a hometown hero he'd really be great for houston. but because of the fact that they had Carr at the time and Dominick Davis the pick made alot of sense but he really stinks tho

Comment

Mario

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information