Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario Williams

Comment

Reggie Bush. He was the Texans pick before they got butt hurt and took Williams instead. Someone on the first page said Bush wouldn't fit in the ZBS? Are you freaking kidding me??

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Mario. People have to stop freaking out about players rookie year. Mario is one of the very few talented players on the Texans defense and probably sees a lot of attention because of it. Defense wins championships and the Texans had a little of it.

And can someone inform on what exactly Reggie did that was sooo special this year?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Namy
          Reggie Bush. He was the Texans pick before they got butt hurt and took Williams instead. Someone on the first page said Bush wouldn't fit in the ZBS? Are you freaking kidding me??
          The ZBS requires patience, the ability to break arm tackles, and for the runner to not dance. None of those are qualities Reggie Bush has.

Comment

Originally posted by NickBam
            Mario. People have to stop freaking out about players rookie year. Mario is one of the very few talented players on the Texans defense and probably sees a lot of attention because of it. Defense wins championships and the Texans had a little of it.

And can someone inform on what exactly Reggie did that was sooo special this year?
            I agree completely.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
            It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
            Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
            http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
            421 Witness
            756*

Comment

Originally posted by NickBam

He goted t3h fotball ands he runded wits it :!:

Mario williams was the right pick...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                They should have picked D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
                Agreed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

First off I'll address a comment by Stevo. You watched every down he played. Then you know the last game he played in full health was the NY Giant's game right. You remember that game, where he blew up the LT and RT to get in Mannin's face. How many DE's own a LT like that? Ever since his injury set in he's been playing through it. He still get's alot of attention he still get's close to the QB remember the last series in the Cleveland game, but he's doing it at maybe 70% of his capacity. Before the injury you could see he was starting to work on technique, but afterwards he couldn't practice so he had to rely on what he knew. Next year if the guy is healthy throughout then you will see a monster on the field.

In general I read this and I gotta say defenses don't get enough love. Look @ Arizona and Indiannapolis. Both teams got all the pieces on offense, yet they aren't really getting anything done if their defense don't step up. Yesterday the Colt's defense really stepped up had they not they would have been crushed. Young and Bush are both helping their team's, but they are just a cog in the machine, neither of them are carrying their side's of the ball, much less their teams. Tommie Harris and Greg Ellis went down and look at how their team's were affected. Can you imagine the Dolphins or Panther's if Pepper's or Taylor weren't there? Same thing with the Texans if Mario wasn't there would Demeco have had the same kind of year? Would our defense have improved the way it did? I don't think so. While I believe it would have still improved I think it wouldn't have impoved to the point where it has. Mario has really helped our defense and without him our whole dynamic on that side of the ball would be differrent.

Bush and Young haven't impacted their team's in the same manner. Young is the beneficiary of a much improved ground game and defense. The Titan's were the youngest team last yr. so obviously they were gonna improve with time. Their defense has been getting better and while Young has done some good things there I would call them ground breaking. Everyone should chill and look at his performance and not the team's record when talking about how he's done as a rookie. Same thing can be said about Bush, he really hasn't had much weight put on his shoulders and only rarely does he show flashes of dominance. Maybe next yr. they'll all be more consistent, but this yr. Mario has had the greatest impact of all of them. People should stop, just stop trying to nit pick the pick and ignore the importance of a solid defense.

Comment

We all know that the Texans should not have taken Mario Williams with the #1 overall pick, with 2 truely special SKILL players in the draft.
                    Because skill players are the most important part of a football team. That's why the Cardinals completely tore up the NFL this year. :roll:

Mario was the right pick.

Comment

It has only been one year and i think mario williams is doing just fine.
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

This thread sure didn't go the way SterlingSharpe expected.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                          But doesn't it make you feel smarter seeing how some people still don't get it?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                          421 Witness
                          756*

Comment

At the time, I said on here that they were crazy to pass on Bush, and I continue to believe that.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                              They should have picked D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
                              Agreed.
                              That's because I'm an ultra-pimp. But seriously the Texans couldn't be more ******** for not taking Ferguson. They has just switched to the ZBS, and have been looking for a left tackle in ages.

sig by VLS
                              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                              I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by jag
                                Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                                But doesn't it make you feel smarter seeing how some people still don't get it?
                                It makes me feel good knowing that I was one of the first people on the Mario Williams bandwagon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information