Who Wins: Jets v. Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace
    The Jets got lucky on getting to play alot of bad teams. That's the only reason why they are in the playoffs and they will be extremely lucky to win this one.
    Outside of the head to head matchups the only differences in schedule were the Jets playing the Browns and Raiders as opposed to the Pats playing the Broncos and Bengals I believe. The two teams went 1-1 in head to head matchups and against opponents that didn't play both teams the Jets went 1-1 (beat the Raiders, lost to the Browns) as did the Patriots (beat the Bengals, lost to the Broncos). Granted those 2 games were against more difficult teams, but if you take the other 12 games on the schedule the Jets went 8-4 and the Pats went 10-2 against the same 12 teams. The schedules aren't that much different between the two teams, so if you make the SOS argument against the Jets you have to make it against the Pats as well (especially since the Pats are the better team and played the Jets twice as opposed to the Jets playing the Pats twice).

That said, the Pats will win this game. I'm tempted to choose the Jets especially since they've been playing so well, but after losing to New York in their house earlier in the year (and considering it's the playoffs) I think BB, Brady and crew are going to bring it on Sunday and win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222
      Originally posted by Ace
      The Jets got lucky on getting to play alot of bad teams. That's the only reason why they are in the playoffs and they will be extremely lucky to win this one.
      Outside of the head to head matchups the only differences in schedule were the Jets playing the Browns and Raiders as opposed to the Pats playing the Broncos and Bengals I believe. The two teams went 1-1 in head to head matchups and against opponents that didn't play both teams the Jets went 1-1 (beat the Raiders, lost to the Browns) as did the Patriots (beat the Bengals, lost to the Broncos). Granted those 2 games were against more difficult teams, but if you take the other 12 games on the schedule the Jets went 8-4 and the Pats went 10-2 against the same 12 teams. The schedules aren't that much different between the two teams, so if you make the SOS argument against the Jets you have to make it against the Pats as well (especially since the Pats are the better team and played the Jets twice as opposed to the Jets playing the Pats twice).

That said, the Pats will win this game. I'm tempted to choose the Jets especially since they've been playing so well, but after losing to New York in their house earlier in the year (and considering it's the playoffs) I think BB, Brady and crew are going to bring it on Sunday and win the game.
      Don't mind him, he's just a bitter dolphin fan

I too think the Pats win, they are just too good in the playoffs and belichick won't lose to mangini twice in the same year

Sig by Me

Comment

Patriots have an 8 game home winning streak in the playoffs and they will beat the Jets at home again.

Sig by BuckNaked
        Ravens
        Baltimore Orioles
        Maryland Terrapins

Comment

Jets 21
          Pats 20

Pennington to Baker with 1:31 remaining, Bryan Thomas bats down a Brady pass on 4th and 7.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

God. I hope the Jets win. I'm so sick of this, "don't count out the patriots" crap.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Patriots by 20

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Patriots by quite a bit.

Comment

does it really matter.....the winner has to play the chargers.....

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                  RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    I'm not sure, but I believe the Pats had an easier scheduel.

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24
                      does it really matter.....the winner has to play the chargers.....
                      Any team can be any other team on any given day in the NFL, which is one of the reasons I love the NFL playoffs.

Comment

I have a feeling this game will be a lot like USC vs. Michigan. Close game in the first half. Then, Pats will blow out the Jets in the second.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Im goin out on a limb sayin Jets...

Hey jets fans would you rather play the colts or patriots in the playoffs?

Sig by BoneKrusher
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Pats show the playoff experience and beat them fairly easily imo.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I have to go with the Patriots, hard to go against Brady.

Patriots 27
                              Jets 17

BoneKrusher

Comment

I say the road team goes to 3-0 for the season in this series.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information