Break down your team's schedule and what you think their record will be

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Uh they lost Tiki Barber, who was the only thing that kept them a float last year... Without him they would have been a 5-11 team last year.
    Oh right, forgot about him. Don't worry though, they're a much better team now. They should have no trouble competing in a division with the Eagles and Cowboys.

Comment

That's hilarious. Nothing beats the 'they're just jealous' line. I personally think the Giants are destined for a top-5 pick. Even if Atlanta is bad, and they very may may be, they will be better than the Giants.
      That would be something wouldn't it?
      Originally posted by Moses View Post
      Funny that you think a team that went 8-8 last year (same as the Packers) is so amazing. How exactly did they get better this season?
      Last season they went 8-8 playing the hardest schedule in the NFL. They also lost half of their starters on defense, Our LT, and Eli's security blanket. So at the end of the season we had a 40 year old LT, 1 WR (Plaxico Burress, the rest of the guys did NOTHING), and a bunch of backups starting on defense. Heck, we had a DT starting at DE. We were 5-2, then the injuries sank in. At least we made the playoffs.

This year Eli will have 2 more WRs in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss (if he can stay healthy). Brandon Jacobs and Droughns will split time in the backfield, don't worry about the loss of Tiki. We added a corner in Aaron Ross who can imediately start. We added depth and youth at every single position in case injuries strike again. This year, our schedule is much, much easier. I can easily see us winning 3 more games.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
        That would be something wouldn't it?

Last season they went 8-8 playing the hardest schedule in the NFL. They also lost half of their starters on defense, Our LT, and Eli's security blanket. So at the end of the season we had a 40 year old LT, 1 WR (Plaxico Burress, the rest of the guys did NOTHING), and a bunch of backups starting on defense. Heck, we had a DT starting at DE. We were 5-2, then the injuries sank in. At least we made the playoffs.

This year Eli will have 2 more WRs in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss (if he can stay healthy). Brandon Jacobs and Droughns will split time in the backfield, don't worry about the loss of Tiki. We added a corner in Aaron Ross who can imediately start. We added depth and youth at every single position in case injuries strike again. This year, our schedule is much, much easier. I can easily see us winning 3 more games.
        Injuries happen. Most teams are ravaged by injuries. That's why backups are important. Where are you getting this "hardest schedule" from?

You have lost more than you have gained this year. I don't see how you think you'll be a much better team, especially when you consider you're playing in the same division as Dallas and Philadelphia.

You're depending on a rookie receiver and an unproven Sinorice Moss (5 receptions for 25 yards) to be upgrades at WR? Plaxico Burress is Mr. Inconsistentcy.

You lost your best player in Tiki Barber. He held that offence together. Jacobs and Droughns are decent but not in the same league as Tiki.

Aaron Ross is another unproven rookie. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. Either way, he won't be much of an upgrade (if he is at all) in his first season.

Who are your starting OLBs now? Who's your starting LT?

Comment

I'm seeing alot of people think that their teams are going to "dominate" or "route" or "sweep" the steelers but I have a really good feeling about this season, and I don't think it's gonna happen. The steelers tend to perform better when headed in to the season as underdogs and I think that a healthy Ben and a rejuvenated pass rush, and some new offensive formations could make this a whole different team from a year ago.

And the day that the #$@%ing Jets "dominate" us is the day I poop a horse.
          Just because people are suddenly on your bandwagon doesn't mean you're in the upper tier of the NFL.
          Last edited by steelernation77; 06-12-2007, 01:38 PM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Injuries happen. Most teams are ravaged by injuries. That's why backups are important. Where are you getting this "hardest schedule" from?

Injuries happen, but what the giants went through last year with injuries was beyond compare, it was more like carnage. We shared the hardest schedule in the league with the Bengals going into the season.

You have lost more than you have gained this year. I don't see how you think you'll be a much better team, especially when you consider you're playing in the same division as Dallas and Philadelphia.

Dallas has a new coach, old WRs, and a QB that is less experienced than Eli. Philadelphia has McNabb, but his injuries and age may be slowing him down soon

You're depending on a rookie receiver and an unproven Sinorice Moss (5 receptions for 25 yards) to be upgrades at WR? Plaxico Burress is Mr. Inconsistentcy.

Sinorice Moss was one of the players that was injured last year with a bad quad. He saw very limited playing time. He has world class athleticism and if he can stay healthy, he'll contribute. Our WR corp. Plaxico, Toomer (consistant), Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss. That's better than what we finished with last year - Plaxico, Tim Carter, David Tyree.

You lost your best player in Tiki Barber. He held that offence together. Jacobs and Droughns are decent but not in the same league as Tiki.

Tiki was nothing spectacular physically. He was just a patient runner who used our Offensive line very well. A lot of his success can be accredited to our O-line and Jacobs will be inheriting 4 out of 5 of those linemen.

Aaron Ross is another unproven rookie. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. Either way, he won't be much of an upgrade (if he is at all) in his first season.

Our CBs sucked last year. McQuarters, Madison, and Webster. Two are old, and I think all of them were injured at some point. Ross won the award for the best D-back in the NCAA. He is 25 years old, experienced and I believe he will start day 1. He's a playmaker in the seconday, something we've been missing.

Starting OLBs will be Mathias Kiwanuka, converted DE who is just a freak of nature, and probably Kawika Mitchell. Kiwanuka will have to grow into the role, but his athleticism will help him with that. Mitchell will have to fight with Gerris Wilkinson and maybe Zach DeOssie to get the WLB spot. Our MLB is Antonio Pierce, probowler last year.

Comment

Injuries happen, but what the giants went through last year with injuries was beyond compare, it was more like carnage. We shared the hardest schedule in the league with the Bengals going into the season.

Dallas has a new coach, old WRs, and a QB that is less experienced than Eli. Philadelphia has McNabb, but his injuries and age may be slowing him down soon

Sinorice Moss was one of the players that was injured last year with a bad quad. He saw very limited playing time. He has world class athleticism and if he can stay healthy, he'll contribute. Our WR corp. Plaxico, Toomer (consistant), Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss. That's better than what we finished with last year - Plaxico, Tim Carter, David Tyree.

Tiki was nothing spectacular physically. He was just a patient runner who used our Offensive line very well. A lot of his success can be accredited to our O-line and Jacobs will be inheriting 4 out of 5 of those linemen.

Our CBs sucked last year. McQuarters, Madison, and Webster. Two are old, and I think all of them were injured at some point. Ross won the award for the best D-back in the NCAA. He is 25 years old, experienced and I believe he will start day 1. He's a playmaker in the seconday, something we've been missing.

Starting OLBs will be Mathias Kiwanuka, converted DE who is just a freak of nature, and probably Kawika Mitchell. Kiwanuka will have to grow into the role, but his athleticism will help him with that. Mitchell will have to fight with Gerris Wilkinson and maybe Zach DeOssie to get the WLB spot. Our MLB is Antonio Pierce, probowler last year.
              That's all very nice, but there are FAR more questions than answers there. Giants could just as easily got 5-11 as they could go 11-5.

Comment

I hate that argument about the cowboys having old receivers... Both Owens and Glenn have shown no signs of slowing down... each caught 70 + passes last season and each finished with 1,000+ yards...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

That's all very nice, but there are FAR more questions than answers there. Giants could just as easily got 5-11 as they could go 11-5.
                  Well anyone can go anything in any year. Who would have thought the Steelers would stink last year? A prediction is nothing more than a prediction. I don't know why you and Shiver have your panties up in bunches over it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I hate that argument about the cowboys having old receivers... Both Owens and Glenn have shown no signs of slowing down... each caught 70 + passes last season and each finished with 1,000+ yards...
                    Then they are long overdue to slow down. If they were simply possesion recievers, i'd understand your point. But, one is a speed guy, another is a catch and plow people over guy. Those abilities tend to drastically decrease with age.

Comment

Well anyone can go anything in any year. Who would have thought the Steelers would stink last year? A prediction is nothing more than a prediction. I don't know why you and Shiver have your panties up in bunches over it.

Because you called us out.

Comment

Then they are long overdue to slow down. If they were simply possesion recievers, i'd understand your point. But, one is a speed guy, another is a catch and plow people over guy. Those abilities tend to drastically decrease with age.
                        Yes but, they have shown zero signs of slowing... Based on how they played and moved last season... I can't see a large drop off at all...if anything they should both put up better numbers. Terry still runs like a 25 year old... and T.O. always has his body in tip-top shape...both these guys still have a lot life in their legs. Age hasnt been an issue... I'm not worried until I start seeing some real signs and some kind of degression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                          Because you called us out.
                          I called you out because you called the rest of us out with the following comments.
                          Apparently everyone thinks their team will go 10-6/11-5...
                          Really. I think the worst record I've seen so far is 8-8. Every team is playoff bound basically according to this.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Yes but, they have shown zero signs of slowing... Based on how they played and moved last season... I can't see a large drop off at all...if anything they should both put up better numbers. Terry still runs like a 25 year old... and T.O. always has his body in tip-top shape...both these guys still have a lot life in their legs. Age hasnt been an issue... I'm not worried until I start seeing some real signs and some kind of degression.
                            Yeah, but with stricter steriod testing... jk

How old are those guys btw?

Comment

I called you out because you called the rest of us out with the following comments.
                              Because the predictions in this thread are mostly just people being homers...

Try analyzing a team that you don't cheer for and you'll find that your prediction is much more conservative.

Comment

T.O. is currently 33 and Terry is 32.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information