Break down your team's schedule and what you think their record will be

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    Because the predictions in this thread are mostly just people being homers...

Try analyzing a team that you don't cheer for and you'll find that your prediction is much more conservative.
    Oh yeah? Try finding a fan that is completely unbiased. Other than yourself of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
      Oh yeah? Try finding a fan that is completely unbiased. Other than yourself of course.
      That's why I said this thread had predictions that were unrealistic...

Comment

That's why I said this thread had predictions that were unrealistic...
        And how do you see the Packers doing???

Comment

All homerism aside... 11-5 for the Cowboys, completely plausible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

And how do you see the Packers doing???
            Hard to say. They're the youngest team in the league so there's a lot of question marks:

-Will the young offensive line continue to improve?
            -Will Greg Jennings play like he did pre-injury last year?
            -Will a 3rd WR emerge as a legitimate target?
            -Will a 3rd CB emerge as a legitimate nickelback?
            -Will the combination of Morency and Jackson be good enough to establish a strong running game?
            -Will Nick Collins build off his strong last few games or play like he did early in the season?
            -Will the strong safety situation be improved?
            -Will the Packers abysmal tight end play improve somehow even though it's now worse on paper?

Those are the main concerns the Packers have off the top of my head. They're depending on a lot of young players which is always a cause for concern. I think they'll end up answering a lot of those questions, but I would expect a few to be unanswered.

The Packers have the benefit of playing in the weak NFC, and specifically NFC North. Playing 4 games against the Vikings and Lions will definitely help their cause.

That said, the Packers still have a ton of question marks. Right now I think they could sneak into the playoffs if the Bears regress (which I think is a possibility). I'd slate the Packers somewhere around 7-9 wins at this point.

Comment

Hard to say. They're the youngest team in the league so there's a lot of question marks:

-Will the young offensive line continue to improve?
              -Will Greg Jennings play like he did pre-injury last year?
              -Will a 3rd WR emerge as a legitimate target?
              -Will a 3rd CB emerge as a legitimate nickelback?
              -Will the combination of Morency and Jackson be good enough to establish a strong running game?
              -Will Nick Collins build off his strong last few games or play like he did early in the season?
              -Will the strong safety situation be improved?
              -Will the Packers abysmal tight end play improve somehow even though it's now worse on paper?

Those are the main concerns the Packers have off the top of my head. They're depending on a lot of young players which is always a cause for concern. I think they'll end up answering a lot of those questions, but I would expect a few to be unanswered.

The Packers have the benefit of playing in the weak NFC, and specifically NFC North. Playing 4 games against the Vikings and Lions will definitely help their cause.

That said, the Packers still have a ton of question marks. Right now I think they could sneak into the playoffs if the Bears regress (which I think is a possibility). I'd slate the Packers somewhere around 7-9 wins at this point.
              You big meanie! I don't care if you're right

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                You big meanie! I don't care if you're right
                I'll probably end up eating my words when the Bears and Packers finish 3rd and 4th and the Lions and Vikings dominate the division.

Then again, maybe I won't. ;)

Comment

I'll probably end up eating my words when the Bears and Packers finish 3rd and 4th and the Lions and Vikings dominate the division.

Then again, maybe I won't. ;)
                  Just you wait! and then wait some more! And then maybe a little more after that! But you'll see! Maybe... ugh who the hell am I kidding :(

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Moses, you are extremely boring with your predictions. If every fan in the world was like you, we would have no message boards.

Comment

Detroit should sign Culpepper, let Martz go crazy, and have Calvin and Roy do go-patterns on every single play. Only then would they have a chance at winning the Norse.

Comment

Moses, you are extremely boring with your predictions. If every fan in the world was like you, we would have no message boards.
                        Boring with my predictions? I make realistic predictions aka I'm not a blind homer who only follows their own team. I love to see Green Bay win but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan of the LEAGUE, not just one team.

Comment

Boring with my predictions? I make realistic predictions aka I'm not a blind homer who only follows their own team. I love to see Green Bay win but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan of the LEAGUE, not just one team.
                          Well isn't that all good and fun.

Comment

he's right you know.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

at Jacksonville - Loss
                              Indianapolis - Win
                              at New Orleans- Loss
                              BYE
                              Atlanta- Win
                              at Tampa Bay - Loss
                              at Houston - Win
                              Oakland - Win
                              Carolina - Loss
                              Jacksonville - Win
                              at Denver - Loss
                              at Cincinnati - Win
                              Houston - Win
                              San Diego - Loss
                              at Kansas City - Loss
                              New York Jets - Loss
                              at Indianapolis - Loss

Record - 7-9, 3rd in the division behind the Colts and Jaguars

Comment

@Cleveland - W-I don't think Cleveland is good enough just yet. Frye will still be QB and thats not good for Cleveland.

Buffalo - W - Not much talent in Buffalo right now and I'm expecting them to have a slow start. Plus its the home opener.

San Francisco - W - San Fran has alot of young talent and I'm expecting them to have a good year but playing @ Pittsburgh this early in the season could be a big problem for their young talent. Plus the Steelers defenses have been great against the run as was Tomlin's in Minnesota so the bruden of the game will be on Alex Smith.

@Arizona -W- Another team that has alot of young talent but I don't think makes the next step this year. Whisenhunt will be a great coach and will have that team in the playoffs very soon but I don't think this is his year. Leinart needs to develop more and the defense needs some help still.

Seattle -L- I'm expecting a big season out of Seattle. Last year they were killed by the injury bug and still had a decent season. Hasselbeck and ALexander both need to stay healthy and the defense needs to tackle better and thye'll have a great season.

@Denver -W- I don't have faith in Jay Cutler. Their defense wasn't great last season mainly because of their line. They got some help during the offseason but I'm still not expecting the defense to be dominant enough to win without Cutler playing great football.

@Cincinnati -L- Cincy has a very powerful offense and will be good again this year. Their defense has some good talents now and is a more serious threat than it has been in years past.

Baltimore -L- Baltimore is a great defense nad I don't think the Steelers did enough to upgrade their O-line to stop their blitzes.

Cleveland -W- A loss to Cleveland at home?

@N.Y. Jets -W- Theres just something about this team that I don't think they will be very good. Their 3-4 isn't complete enough to be a great defense. I don't think the Steelers will have a problem putting up points against them.

Miami -L- This team needs help badly. They need help along the O-line and on defense but they still took a reciever in the draft. Trent Green is not the answer at QB either.

Cincinnati -W- Steelers always seem to do better against a team the second time they play them. Plus this game is at home.

@New England -L- Steelers have had trouble with the Pats in the past and will likely continue. They are a stacked team this year and I'm expecting them to be dominant.

Jacksonville - W- This should be a great game as most of our matchups are hard nosed physical football. I give the Steelers the edge cause its at home.
                                @St. Louis - W- St. Louis isn't an incredibly talented team either. They have a weak defensive line and are pretty bad against the run. I can see Willie having a great day on the ground and bringing us the win.

@Baltimore -L- Sorry I just can't see us beating Baltimore @ Baltimore with the talent they have on defense. Maybe next year.

So thats 10-6. Hopefully good enough for a wildcard.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information