Jags interested in Daunte Culpepper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    If i were the Jags i wouldnt take him unless the contract isnt big. They allready have 2 okay QB's
    I can't see him getting much of a contract since there isn't alot of demand for him from different teams.
    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

i really disagree with this, i mean, if you had culpepper, you have three QB's with identical styles, leftwich and culpepper are almost the same, and i would much rathe rhave leftwich, and gerrard, has a little more mobilty but still in the same mold.

Comment

The question is: Garrard/Gray or Culpepper? I probably would rather have both, but Culpepper is intriguing. If Culpepper fully recovers, you may have a gold mine on your hands. However, that's a really big question mark.

One thing that Culpepper has always been good for is being accurate. Even in his lean years, he was accurate. Turnovers/production were his overriding issues, not to mention injury.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2903604

Apparently they are also trying to make a trade for JaMarcus Russell so they can have a monopoly on fat black QBs
          If only JaMarcus was fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
            If only JaMarcus was fat.
            Or if Leftwich was fat.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

If the jags take culpepper, i think they would jettison garrard and keep gray. I like grays potential more than garrard.

Comment

when i heard this i couldnt understand why they would want another identical qb with almost the same problems as the one you have starting...maybe if you sign him its not a big risk, but if they felt they needed a qb this bad i thought quinn was an option, i dont think culpepper is a huge upgrade over leftwich, or the other 2 who could very well be about as valuable as daunte is

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i think a culpepper with a turd knee is faster the leftwich, even though its an ungrade, the jags OC is saying williams and jones are on the roster bubble. they are slow wrs and drop way too many passes. need to get the proper wr's that go with the qbs strengths before they have any success in the pass game

Comment

I don't see the point in bringing him in, adding Culpepper is only adding another question mark to their QB position, which I think is somewhat counterproductive.

Comment

I think it would be good to bring him in to rehabilite him and maybe next season he could contribute. I wouldn't want him having any chance of playing this season since I doubt he'd be ready.
                      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by GREENSMACKS View Post
                        i think a culpepper with a turd knee is faster the leftwich, even though its an ungrade, the jags OC is saying williams and jones are on the roster bubble. they are slow wrs and drop way too many passes. need to get the proper wr's that go with the qbs strengths before they have any success in the pass game
                        Jones isn't that slow, and Williams doesn't drop many passes.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                          Jones isn't that slow, and Williams doesn't drop many passes.

There's no way that Jones in on the bubble. I could see Reggie Williams though. There's just not enough production there. I like his play though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                            There's no way that Jones in on the bubble. I could see Reggie Williams though. There's just not enough production there. I like his play though.
                            No way. Jones will get cut before Williams does.

Williams was on his way to a breakout season last year until Leftwich got hurt and Captain Turnover got behind center. Williams still managed to lead the receivers in receptions. He also has the best hands of the wide receivers.

To tell you the truth, Matt Jones really hasn't shown that he's good at anything other than being a puss. He's slow, avoids contact, can't block and is constantly hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              No way. Jones will get cut before Williams does.

Williams was on his way to a breakout season last year until Leftwich got hurt and Captain Turnover got behind center. Williams still managed to lead the receivers in receptions. He also has the best hands of the wide receivers.

To tell you the truth, Matt Jones really hasn't shown that he's good at anything other than being a puss. He's slow, avoids contact, can't block and is constantly hurt.
                              And yet, with all those traits he led the team in receiving yardage, YPC and receiving first downs last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information