• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players on the decline

Ten veterans whose production will continue to slide

by SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ine/index.html

I agree with all except for Jamal Lewis and Shawn Springs. I think Lewis may have a bounce back year and could put up some nice numbers. The change of scenery and the possibilty of Brady Quinn starting at some point could lead to many carries and yards for Jamal.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

I agree about most of those. Lewis MIGHT still have something left in the tank. A change of scenery could do him good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I highly doubt Jamal has anything left in the tank to put up good #. Just from watching him I don't think he will be that great.

Comment

Lewis was so bad the last couple of years that he'd have to work very hard to be even worse.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Springs can still play at a high level. He's a solidified number one corner, just injuries have caught up to him. When he's playing, and not injured hes easily a top 20 corner or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              I highly doubt Jamal has anything left in the tank to put up good #. Just from watching him I don't think he will be that great.
              Bingo. He's done, I was dissapointed when Baltimore dropped him because I knew whoever replaced him could only be better. He's lost that 2nd gear.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                Springs can still play at a high level. He's a solidified number one corner, just injuries have caught up to him. When he's playing, and not injured hes easily a top 20 corner or better.
                Yeah, I'm pretty sure his injury history is exactly why he was mentioned. It's a big reason why a lot of players begin to decline. Springs is not special. A lot of guys could still play at a high level if it weren't for nagging injuries and age.

Comment

KGB has not yet begun to defile himself.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I agree about most of those. Lewis MIGHT still have something left in the tank. A change of scenery could do him good.
                    A change of scenery can be good . . . if you are leaving Cleveland. I look for Lewis to fall completely off the map this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                      Lewis was so bad the last couple of years that he'd have to work very hard to be even worse.
                      Agreed.

That's exactly what I thought when reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Bingo. He's done, I was dissapointed when Baltimore dropped him because I knew whoever replaced him could only be better. He's lost that 2nd gear.
                        yea even thought he is 28ish and in his prime he has knees that are a lot older then he is.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          KGB has not yet begun to defile himself.
                          well agree with that because personally i never thought he was that good... production was deceptive and cant play the run

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Like i did it again.. dam i thought this was a thread that would have run longer haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

have to agree on the Samari Rolle call. the worst part about him is he lost his confidence.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information