Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players on the decline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Players on the decline

    Ten veterans whose production will continue to slide

    by SI

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ine/index.html

  • #2
    I agree with all except for Jamal Lewis and Shawn Springs. I think Lewis may have a bounce back year and could put up some nice numbers. The change of scenery and the possibilty of Brady Quinn starting at some point could lead to many carries and yards for Jamal.

    Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree about most of those. Lewis MIGHT still have something left in the tank. A change of scenery could do him good.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • #4
        I highly doubt Jamal has anything left in the tank to put up good #. Just from watching him I don't think he will be that great.

        Comment


        • #5
          Lewis was so bad the last couple of years that he'd have to work very hard to be even worse.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

          Comment


          • #6
            Springs can still play at a high level. He's a solidified number one corner, just injuries have caught up to him. When he's playing, and not injured hes easily a top 20 corner or better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              I highly doubt Jamal has anything left in the tank to put up good #. Just from watching him I don't think he will be that great.
              Bingo. He's done, I was dissapointed when Baltimore dropped him because I knew whoever replaced him could only be better. He's lost that 2nd gear.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                Springs can still play at a high level. He's a solidified number one corner, just injuries have caught up to him. When he's playing, and not injured hes easily a top 20 corner or better.
                Yeah, I'm pretty sure his injury history is exactly why he was mentioned. It's a big reason why a lot of players begin to decline. Springs is not special. A lot of guys could still play at a high level if it weren't for nagging injuries and age.

                Comment


                • #9
                  KGB has not yet begun to defile himself.

                  What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

                  2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I agree about most of those. Lewis MIGHT still have something left in the tank. A change of scenery could do him good.
                    A change of scenery can be good . . . if you are leaving Cleveland. I look for Lewis to fall completely off the map this year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                      Lewis was so bad the last couple of years that he'd have to work very hard to be even worse.
                      Agreed.

                      That's exactly what I thought when reading it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Bingo. He's done, I was dissapointed when Baltimore dropped him because I knew whoever replaced him could only be better. He's lost that 2nd gear.
                        yea even thought he is 28ish and in his prime he has knees that are a lot older then he is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          KGB has not yet begun to defile himself.
                          well agree with that because personally i never thought he was that good... production was deceptive and cant play the run

                          Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Like i did it again.. dam i thought this was a thread that would have run longer haha

                            Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              have to agree on the Samari Rolle call. the worst part about him is he lost his confidence.


                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                              Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information