No announcement yet.

TOP 50 Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A distinct lack of Buccaneers on that list. I think Ronde Barber deserves his name being thrown out there, maybe even Derrick Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      Yeah, although I disagree with a lot of this list as well, I think it's important to realize that 50 players averages out to about one and a half per team. Some teams will have 3, and some teams will have 0. No way should a guy like Willie Parker be considered among the top 50 players, imo. He isn't even among the very best at his position. Neither is Ward. Unless you think there are a dozen WR's among the top 50 players in the game.

number 5 in the league and he aint one of the best at his position

also 2 straight 1000 yard seasons and he was an undrafted free agent

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post

Oh, I certainly agree that he is a very good RB. The fact that he rose up out of oblivion is also very impressive. I just don't believe he is a first-tier back. There are guys who are clearly better, and a whole slew of others who people will argue are better than Parker. Let me remind you of some of the Backs that currently grace NFL fields across the country-

Tomlinson
        L. Johnson
        S. Jackson
        Westbrook
        Gore
        R. Johnson
        Portis
        Alexander
        R. Brown
        Caddy
        McAllister
        Dunn
        McGahee
        Maroney
        Jones-Drew
        F.Taylor
        T. Jones
        James
        Bush
        Addai

There's 20 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Not saying they are all better than Parker, I'm just saying that there are people who would argue for a lot of them. Sure Parker posted good production last year as the Steelers full time back, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be just as capable in a similar situation. Do you think Adrian Peterson couldn't walk into Heinz field and claim the starting job almost immediately? I don't see how anybody other than a Steeler fan could sit there and claim Parker as one of the 5 best RB's in the game today. Do the steelers have a top 5 Running game? Probably. That's their bread and butter. But Parker is one cog in a big-ass well-established wheel. Easily replaceable.

Comment

Oh, I certainly agree that he is a very good RB. The fact that he rose up out of oblivion is also very impressive. I just don't believe he is a first-tier back. There are guys who are clearly better, and a whole slew of others who people will argue are better than Parker. Let me remind you of some of the Backs that currently grace NFL fields across the country-

Tomlinson
          L. Johnson
          S. Jackson
          Westbrook
          Gore
          R. Johnson
          Portis
          Alexander
          R. Brown
          Caddy
          McAllister
          Dunn
          McGahee
          Maroney
          Jones-Drew
          F.Taylor
          T. Jones
          James
          Bush
          Addai

There's 20 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Not saying they are all better than Parker, I'm just saying that there are people who would argue for a lot of them. Sure Parker posted good production last year as the Steelers full time back, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be just as capable in a similar situation. Do you think Adrian Peterson couldn't walk into Heinz field and claim the starting job almost immediately? I don't see how anybody other than a Steeler fan could sit there and claim Parker as one of the 5 best RB's in the game today. Do the steelers have a top 5 Running game? Probably. That's their bread and butter. But Parker is one cog in a big-ass well-established wheel. Easily replaceable.

now i dont wanna sound like a homer but i would only take
          lt
          lj
          gore
          jackson
          portis
          and debatable rudi over willie. see willie is somethin that pitt fans have not expierenced yet. people complain about him cuz hes not the type of back that the steelers need. actually he is. u may be able to replace him but not the speed. i expect willie, with the new offence, to post better numbers this season, but all in all this is jsut my opinion

Comment

1. Lt
            2. Lj
            3. Sj
            4. Fg
            5. Sa

Comment

1000yds seasons are not as impressive as they used to be, and him being undrafted is pretty much irrelevant in the context of this list. Even though last season he was just beastly, 1500yds and 10+ td's, the person making the list probably had other variables that they looked for. What it could be I don't know. But you and Willi will live. It's one list, no big deal.

Comment

now i dont wanna sound like a homer but i would only take
                lt
                lj
                gore
                jackson
                portis
                and debatable rudi over willie. see willie is somethin that pitt fans have not expierenced yet. people complain about him cuz hes not the type of back that the steelers need. actually he is. u may be able to replace him but not the speed. i expect willie, with the new offence, to post better numbers this season, but all in all this is jsut my opinion
                Yeah I hear you. You love your team, and you couldn't imagine giving up Parker for somebody else. When rating him, you naturally place him at the top of the list of guys that it's debatable whether they're better or not. Trust me, his speed is replaceable. There are a ton of very quick backs in this league right now. Running Back is probably the deepest position in the league. There is a surplus for sure. I think a guy like DeAngelo Williams or Jerious Norwood would be absolutely studly as the Steelers full time back. I think a lot of guys would. I don't mean to minimize Parkers accomplishments, but I just don't see him as a top 5 back at this point. Not based on his own merits alone. I think most GM's would take a guy like Laurence Maroney well before they took Parker.

Comment

Yeah I hear you. You love your team, and you couldn't imagine giving up Parker for somebody else. When rating him, you naturally place him at the top of the list of guys that it's debatable whether they're better or not. Trust me, his speed is replaceable. There are a ton of very quick backs in this league right now. Running Back is probably the deepest position in the league. There is a surplus for sure. I think a guy like DeAngelo Williams or Jerious Norwood would be absolutely studly as the Steelers full time back. I think a lot of guys would. I don't mean to minimize Parkers accomplishments, but I just don't see him as a top 5 back at this point. Not based on his own merits alone. I think most GM's would take a guy like Laurence Maroney well before they took Parker.

while i do agree with that but parker is also gettin better. he hasnt touched the roof of his potential yet. i believe if he keeps workin on it then he can become the best in the league.

while norwood and williams might be beastly, parker is bigger than both of them and i know willie can pound it inside unlike williams and norwood. i would like to have those two but id take willie over them two.

Comment

At least they got #1 right. What happened to all the ridiculous Drew Brees love? And why are Chad Johnson and Sean Taylor so ridiculously overrated?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                      Anybody want to explain how DeAngelo Hall is a better corner than Rashean Mathis? How did Nnamdi Asomugha who has had only one good year make the list but Chris McAllister didn't?
                      Which surprises me, since Prisco is a Jags homer.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

you call me dumb and then say parker is an elite back? parker is a no one. i would take at least 10 RB before parker. and hampton is one of the top 34 NT. however, he is not the run away number one. he is among the top 5. but i dont think many of them should be considered among the top 50 players in the league. when you figure in the tampa 2 DT's, i dont think there needs to be 10 DT in the top 50 in the league. and troy is not that good. rhodes is better. he was good as a rookie and incredible as a sophmore. troy has always been overrated because your scheme allows him to freelance alot more. if all safetys were allowed to do that troy wouldnt even be special none the less the elite you claim him to be. and ward is not a top 10 reciever. many teams have better #2 recievers than ward.

Comment

i think brian dawkins has to the biggets ommision, the guy is argueably a top 3 safety in the game and hes been ocmpletely barred, i think prisco has gone a little youthy on this list...yes youthy is a word

Comment

im gonna try to go against the hoemristic trend and say that dwight freeeney is slightly high. dont get me wrong, awesome player and the most influential player on our D (when he isnt playing injured hes slightly above bob imo)but 12 is pretty lofty. id have to say ed reed is better at what he does then freeney

Comment

one more thing; do you think this list would change substantially if the importance of the position in dictating the ranking was thrown out the window? like you could say vinitieri is better at his job then some of those players are at their own respective position

Comment

Where the **** is Olin Kruetz? Hutchinson is on that list and Kruetz isn't? Hutch sucked this year. ********.

And yes I know they don't play the same position but the best C in all of football isn't on that top 50 list? Come on.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information