TOP 50 Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
    one more thing; do you think this list would change substantially if the importance of the position in dictating the ranking was thrown out the window? like you could say vinitieri is better at his job then some of those players are at their own respective position

I think it would change slightly. It would still be a meaningless list though. I think a lot of people here could do better. But yeah, I think anytime you make a list like this with such a broad scope, you need to include some defined criteria in the header. If I were to go through the effort to do one, it would be based purely on my own perception of who I think are currently the best players. So stats wouldn't play a huge role. So I probably wouldn't have too many real young guys, or too many real old guys. Just the current cream of the crop. But I don't personally know enough about every guy in the league to make a real accurate list. I think that's why so many people end up leaning on stats and reputation. They simply haven't seen everybody play enough to accurately gauge where they all rank among each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
      you call me dumb and then say parker is an elite back? parker is a no one. i would take at least 10 RB before parker. and hampton is one of the top 34 NT. however, he is not the run away number one. he is among the top 5. but i dont think many of them should be considered among the top 50 players in the league. when you figure in the tampa 2 DT's, i dont think there needs to be 10 DT in the top 50 in the league. and troy is not that good. rhodes is better. he was good as a rookie and incredible as a sophmore. troy has always been overrated because your scheme allows him to freelance alot more. if all safetys were allowed to do that troy wouldnt even be special none the less the elite you claim him to be. and ward is not a top 10 reciever. many teams have better #2 recievers than ward.
      who has a no. 2 better then ward?....

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
        who has a no. 2 better then ward?....
        Reggie Wayne

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Sean Taylor doesn't deserve his rank.

Comment

colts do (wayne), cards do (boldin), bengals do (housh),

and they are old but an arguement could be made for

cowboys (glenn) and rams (bruce).

and by next year argueably jets (cotchery) and lions (CJ) could very easily be ahead of ward.

like i said, hines is a solid WR. but by no means is he even a candidate for top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
              wtf do you have against ray?
              The fact that he is simply not as good as he tries to make himself out to be. He used to be a great player but he isn't the same guy anymore and everyone still acts like the's the best MLB in the game.

Just watch him play. I think your a Raven's fan so I'm sure you do. I'm sure you've seen his favorite tactic of just hopping on the pile after the play is over. Then he gets us chest pounding like he made some great play.

I'm just sick of him really. From all of his interviews about how good to his to his SI cover saying "God's linebacker". He is the most overrated player in the game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
                colts do (wayne), cards do (boldin), bengals do (housh),

and they are old but an arguement could be made for

cowboys (glenn) and rams (bruce).

and by next year argueably jets (cotchery) and lions (CJ) could very easily be ahead of ward.

like i said, hines is a solid WR. but by no means is he even a candidate for top 50.
                wayne yes
                boldin yes
                but the rest of the guys no...and to bring up calvin johnson who hasnt even stepped on the field yet is ignorant...and despite what u or cbs sportsline says...ive seen multiple interviews over the past couple years where NFL PLAYERS AND COACHES say that hines ward is THE BEST alll around reciever in the game....now ill agree wayne and boldin are probley better pass catchers but as far as a football player and doing everything that has to be done...catching and blocking...hines ward is definatly one of the tops in the league

Comment

All those safetys and no Troy Polamalu, what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    The fact that he is simply not as good as he tries to make himself out to be. He used to be a great player but he isn't the same guy anymore and everyone still acts like the's the best MLB in the game.

Just watch him play. I think your a Raven's fan so I'm sure you do. I'm sure you've seen his favorite tactic of just hopping on the pile after the play is over. Then he gets us chest pounding like he made some great play.

I'm just sick of him really. From all of his interviews about how good to his to his SI cover saying "God's linebacker". He is the most overrated player in the game.
                    99.5% of the people on this board admit Urlacher is better

I am preety sure they call him Gods LB because he is religious person and not making it out like he is a LB god.

Comment

Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith are both better than Andre Johnson. Torry Holt is too. Nothing against Andre, but those are both better players.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith are both better than Andre Johnson. Torry Holt is too. Nothing against Andre, but those are both better players.

i agree with that but imo if andre had consistant qb play hed be the best in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          99.5% of the people on this board admit Urlacher is better

I am preety sure they call him Gods LB because he is religious person and not making it out like he is a LB god.
                          I guess he must've forgotten the 10 commandments that one night in Atlanta...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

there is no need to bring religion into this it is against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                              wayne yes
                              boldin yes
                              but the rest of the guys no...and to bring up calvin johnson who hasnt even stepped on the field yet is ignorant...and despite what u or cbs sportsline says...ive seen multiple interviews over the past couple years where NFL PLAYERS AND COACHES say that hines ward is THE BEST alll around reciever in the game....now ill agree wayne and boldin are probley better pass catchers but as far as a football player and doing everything that has to be done...catching and blocking...hines ward is definatly one of the tops in the league
                              Lions had a beast duo before Calvin

Furrey: 98 catches 1086 yards 6 TDs

pretty good for a guy not ROY WILLIAMS on the lions

Comment

Disappointing to not see any Packers on there. I would definitely have included Aaron Kampman. Kampman had 10 more sacks last year then Dwight Freeney, who is 12 on that list, so I'm surprised he isn't anywhere in the top 50.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information