• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    Lions had a beast duo before Calvin

Furrey: 98 catches 1086 yards 6 TDs

pretty good for a guy not ROY WILLIAMS on the lions
    was there a point to this post?...i only ask that becuz u quoted me b4 it and didnt respond to anything i said in ur post

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
      Disappointing to not see any Packers on there. I would definitely have included Aaron Kampman. Kampman had 10 more sacks last year then Dwight Freeney, who is 12 on that list, so I'm surprised he isn't anywhere in the top 50.
      IMO Freeney is the best pass rusher in the NFL and although last year he only had 5 and 1/2, but before 2006 he had 11, 16, 11 and then 13 his rookie year.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
        IMO Freeney is the best pass rusher in the NFL and although last year he only had 5 and 1/2, but before 2006 he had 11, 16, 11 and then 13 his rookie year.
        Yea but pass rushing isnt the only role of a DE, run stopping is also very important, and Kampman had 89 tackles I believe, along w/ 15.5 sacks I think. I think Aaron Kampman should be in the top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          Yea but pass rushing isnt the only role of a DE, run stopping is also very important, and Kampman had 89 tackles I believe, along w/ 15.5 sacks I think. I think Aaron Kampman should be in the top 50.
          Kampman is ******* amazing.

Comment

julius peppers is by far the best DE in the league. it isnt even close really.

Comment

kampman is the **** dude. i was mad when he chose green bay again over pittsburgh

Comment

Pass rushing DE, maybe. There are plenty of 3-4 OLB's, starting in SD and Baltimore who rush the passer pretty well...I wouldn't hesitate to say better then Freeney.

Comment

Man, after reading 4 pages of people bickering about something that is so obviously subjective, and seeing so many people just talk about their team, its almost nausiating.

Dawkins got hooped. Kruetz got hooped. I'm sure others did too, but i don't feel like looking at the list, rather just what people have said.

Parker isn't Top50 because of the depth at RB, u include him, u include that whole tier of RBs and the list isn't that long. 50 sounds like alot of players, but in reality, it isn't and only the best of the best can make it. Ward is to iffy for my liking, but is close. He's an all-around WR, but its more of an arguement then a claim at this point.

Rhodes has been very solid since he entered the league, and its nice to see him on there. i don't care if this was his first 'real good year', as its only his 2nd year and he played great.

Troy P gets alot of hype, and Taylor gets recognized as better than he is sometimes, but he does make alot of game changing plays, only problem is that some this past season weren't for his team. He is better then he played and IMO he is still a top 50 player and he'll show it sooner than later.

I saw vilma discussed so i have to comment. I think he's on the bubble, but am happy he didn't make the list. it wouldn't be fair. In a 4-3 i agree he would be beastly, and i truly wish he was playing in a 4-3, but he's not, and at this point (and maybe forever) as long as he's in a 3-4 i don't think he will be top50, but on the bubble. Great player in the wrong system.

Casey Hampton is damn good at what he does. i'd have to check the list again to make an arguement for him

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                    Man, after reading 4 pages of people bickering about something that is so obviously subjective, and seeing so many people just talk about their team, its almost nausiating.

Dawkins got hooped. Kruetz got hooped. I'm sure others did too, but i don't feel like looking at the list, rather just what people have said.

Parker isn't Top50 because of the depth at RB, u include him, u include that whole tier of RBs and the list isn't that long. 50 sounds like alot of players, but in reality, it isn't and only the best of the best can make it. Ward is to iffy for my liking, but is close. He's an all-around WR, but its more of an arguement then a claim at this point.

Rhodes has been very solid since he entered the league, and its nice to see him on there. i don't care if this was his first 'real good year', as its only his 2nd year and he played great.

Troy P gets alot of hype, and Taylor gets recognized as better than he is sometimes, but he does make alot of game changing plays, only problem is that some this past season weren't for his team. He is better then he played and IMO he is still a top 50 player and he'll show it sooner than later.

I saw vilma discussed so i have to comment. I think he's on the bubble, but am happy he didn't make the list. it wouldn't be fair. In a 4-3 i agree he would be beastly, and i truly wish he was playing in a 4-3, but he's not, and at this point (and maybe forever) as long as he's in a 3-4 i don't think he will be top50, but on the bubble. Great player in the wrong system.

Casey Hampton is damn good at what he does. i'd have to check the list again to make an arguement for him

casey aint on there and its a shame. top 3 dt in the league imo

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      casey aint on there and its a shame. top 3 dt in the league imo
                      Jamal Williams
                      Tommie Harris
                      John Henderson
                      Marcus Stroud

Who would you put Hampton ahead of on that list?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                        Jamal Williams
                        Tommie Harris
                        John Henderson
                        Marcus Stroud

Who would you put Hampton ahead of on that list?

id put jamal and casey as the same.

my top 5 dts

1.seymour
                        2.stroud
                        3.wiliams/hampton
                        4.harris
                        5.henderson

Comment

I can think of a bunch of pass rushers I would rate ahead of Freeney now. He's a one-trick pony and his fundamentals at times are horrendous. He's also a complete non-factor against the run. The guy does spin moves. I can't believe his coaches actually allow that type of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            I can think of a bunch of pass rushers I would rate ahead of Freeney now. He's a one-trick pony and his fundamentals at times are horrendous. He's also a complete non-factor against the run. The guy does spin moves. I can't believe his coaches actually allow that type of play.
                            The scheme calls for him to take the outside route to the QB most of the time, which takes him out of a lot of running plays. Why do you think the draw to his side is usually effective? It's because most of the time Meeks called for him to run a loop route to the E gap, taking him out of any chance of maintaining his gap against the run (D), and creating a schematic hole in the defense for the opposing running game. When Freeney isn't asked to try to run around the LT, he holds his own against the run.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Shawne Merriman is a steroid cheat, he doesn't belong anywhere near the top.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                Shawne Merriman is a steroid cheat, he doesn't belong anywhere near the top.
                                Finally someone agrees with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information