Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitzgerald looking to fly out of Arizona?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitzgerald looking to fly out of Arizona?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...fBXo2nvY0dsLYF

Only two regular-season games into the Ken Whisenhunt era, rumors already are flying receiver Larry Fitzgerald is looking to leave the Arizona Cardinals when his rookie contract ends.

Fitzgerald, as the rumor goes, is not a big fan of Whisenhunt's run-based offense, and for good reason. Fitzgerald currently is averaging only five catches and 53.5 yards per game, which puts him on pace for 80 receptions and 856 receiving yards for the season. He currently has no receiving touchdowns in 2007.

Thats pure speculation though.

Comment

When does his rookie contract expire?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        When does his rookie contract expire?
        This year I think.

Comment

they have been saying this every year and nothing happens, and he signed a 6 year deal in 2004 so he is a FA in 2010

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            they have been saying this every year and nothing happens, and he signed a 6 year deal in 2004 so he is a FA in 2010
            Are you sure? I really thought it was a 4 year contract that expired this year.

Comment

Code:
               Based on the escalators in his rookie contract, there was speculation when it was signed that the Cardinals would likely have to extend the deal after four seasons.
              From profootballtalk.com

Doesn't help but thats what they had.

Comment

nope its a 6 year deal

8/2/2004: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...1661&sport=NFL

and those receiving numbers are very misleading because of the Monday night game, he and Boldin with both get 100 catches if health and near 1200 yards
                Last edited by fenikz; 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

haha i think i shut this discussion down

Comment

i agree with fitzgerald here..im surprised boldin isnt lookin to get out as well. a superstar receiver of his calibur should be given the opportunity to succeed. if not he should look to a team that will actually use his talents.

Comment

Boldin is the leader of this team i doubt he will ever leave Arizona, I'm surprised LT doesn't want out of SD with the stats he has put up this year :p

Comment

hes out after this year bud.
                        WIN, LOSE, OR TIE, 49ERS TILL I DIE.

Comment

he is under contract til 2010 unless we trade him for 2 1st rounders he is staying, wow people are stupid

Comment

I know that there's no way we could get him, but I'd love to have him in Buffalo

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

gg Cardinals fans I didnt know were else to put it. But I am surprised Ken wont use more pass offense because you have a young trio of good WR and a young talented QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information