• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at least the cards are going to finish 8-8

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      at least the cards are going to finish 8-8
      if we can beat the Rams that is, which for us isn't a sure thing, because we are the Arizona Cardinals

Comment

• yeah true that, i don't know what is going to happen next season with Warner and Linert. I want Matt to do good but he is from USC and part of the Pete Carol area. Most players drafted from their usually are ending up bust. Hopefully Matt doesn't, mainly because i just want him to be better than Young

Comment

• Right now Warner may be the better QB but Matt's style of managing a game works better with what Whis is doing, if we can get a consistent running game and build and elite defense we have the Talent for a superbowl run.

Comment

• So I am pretty pissed off at how well Warner did against us. Not only that, I was facing him in FF championships. He dropped 37 points on me.

And now I am left with Tony Scheffler and San Diego defense against LaDainian Tomlinson.

Have a good day sir.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              So I am pretty pissed off at how well Warner did against us. Not only that, I was facing him in FF championships. He dropped 37 points on me.

And now I am left with Tony Scheffler and San Diego defense against LaDainian Tomlinson.

Have a good day sir.
              That's funny I have Warner on my team and I am left with LT and San Diego vs Tony Scheffler

and I am already up 100 to 71

Comment

• Nice. You pretty much got it in the bag.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• through the season so far these are the overall rankings

Offense
                  YPG 338.9 (11th)
                  Rush YPG 88.4 (29th)
                  Pass YPG 250.5 (6th)
                  Pts/G 23.7 (9th)

Defense
                  YPG 336.6 (20th)
                  Rush YPG 99.5 (9th)
                  Pass YPG 237.1 (28th)
                  Pts/G 25.3 (28th)

Takeaways
                  INT 14 (17th)
                  FUM 11 (13th)
                  Total 25 (14th)

Turnovers
                  INT 22 (31st)
                  FUM 12 (19th)
                  Total 34 (T/31st)

+/- -9 (26th)

Comment

• Cardinals GM Rod Graves indicated Thursday that he may consider slapping LB Karlos Dansby with the franchise tag this offseason.

"It's our intent to do everything we can to try to keep him here," Graves said. Contract talks have gone nowhere with Dansby, and he's open to the idea of wearing the tag. "I think it would be an honor," he said. "If that's the steps I have to take in order to get where I want to go, that's fine."

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Cardinals GM Rod Graves indicated Thursday that he may consider slapping LB Karlos Dansby with the franchise tag this offseason.

"It's our intent to do everything we can to try to keep him here," Graves said. Contract talks have gone nowhere with Dansby, and he's open to the idea of wearing the tag. "I think it would be an honor," he said. "If that's the steps I have to take in order to get where I want to go, that's fine."
                      I figured that if we couldn't get him signed he would be franchised, whats the price for the tag something like 7 mil?

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        I figured that if we couldn't get him signed he would be franchised, whats the price for the tag something like 7 mil?
                        I am not quite sure. Who is the highest payed middle linebacker?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          I am not quite sure. Who is the highest payed middle linebacker?
                          Ray Lewis is the highest at 8.4 Mil

Last year when Briggs was franchised he got 7.2 mil so it will probably be a little more than that

Comment

• Cardinals GM Rod Graves says re-signing impending free agent LB Calvin Pace is his No. 1 priority this offseason.

The sides have been talking for the last few months. Pace, a former first-round draft pick, finally lived up to expectations in Arizona's new hybrid 3-4 defense. He can play both inside and outside linebacker.

Cardinals CB Antrel Rolle may be moved to free safety in 2008.

The move has been speculated about for years and makes sense if Arizona hadn't signed Terrence Holt to a pricy deal last offseason. Rolle is great on the ball and has the build, but he's more likely to stay at corner in 2008.

I like the idea of moving Rolle to saftey, as his agressivness kind of gets to him a little bit. He would be a great saftey to pair with Wilson.

Comment

• Pace wants to remain a Cardinal ó ďI donít want to be the guy chasing money. Iím very comfortable here,Ē he said Sunday ó and itís unlikely heíll attract top dollar in free agency, so chances are good heíll be re-signed."

Dansby is likely to get the franchise tag slapped on him. The Cardinals last used the franchise designation in 2002 on safety Kwame Lassiter, but Dansby is a prime candidate, given Arizona likely canít give both he and Pace long-term deals in the same offseason.

The wild card in the Cardinalsí plans?

Edgerrin James.

Donít be shocked if James is wearing a different uniform next season. His salary cap number will be $5 million, and Whisenhunt is mindful of the fact that his former employer, the Pittsburgh Steelers, have an undrafted free agent in Willie Parker who is the NFLís third-leading rusher.

Now, the Cardinals arenít going to be stupid and dump James if they donít have a capable replacement. They saw how well that worked out with Pete Kendall.

But if Arizona can find a quality running back in the draft, moving James for salary cap relief would make sense. The Indianapolis Colts did it, and they won a Super Bowl with his replacement, Joseph Addai.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/105560

Comment

• I'd only move James if we got McFadden in the draft, which we won't. I'd rather slap the franchise on Dansby, fill a position of need in the 1st round, and keep Edge than trade Edge to draft Stewart and sign Dansby long term. And it's not like we couldn't sign Dansby after next year either. The only way I would trade Edge is if we get a #1 CB or another good player in a position of need, which Edge probably wouldn't fetch at this point in his career.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information