Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need fast corners that can play man coverage, Green and Rolle were both like cover 2 and nickel corners.

We just need someone with blazing speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      I think if both Jenkins are gone we take a good look at Cason, he is a good play making corner and if his timed speed is in the 4.4. range I wouldn't mind him staying in AZ, if not Stewart, Otah, and Campbell should get a look, CB is our biggest need by far though
      Cason a great corner, and might fit the scheme. AZ just needs CBs that fit their defensive scheme. The CBs with Miami when they had a good defense and now with GB aren't necessarily blazing fast, but they're physical, play press coverage and throw WRs off their routes. At #16, I'd rather see an O-lineman and get the front solidified, or trade down into the mid-20's and pick up McKelvin plus extra picks.
      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Here is an interesting stat

Antonio Smith recovered 10 fumbles this year, definitely shows that he will work to get the ball in a pile

Who do you guys feel about drafting Calais Campbell DE Miami? In most likely hood both the Jenkins, Phillips and Gholston will be gone by our pick, so with Campbell we get our starting 4-3 RDE to replace Berry and Okeafor and another guy we can put in the rotation for the 3-4

Comment

• Campbell will be good for a 4-3, as for 3-4 I don't know. But I did hear that since he is 6-8, he still can fill out his frame and get to 290 300 lbs. If that is the case then he would work for us like Dockett, who plays DT and DE, depending on which scheme we run. I was big on Campbell last year, but this year was a little dissapointing, but maybe he was trying to avoid injury. Hopefully he puts up good combine numbers. If he runs say like a 4.6 or so then I am all for him and he puts on weight. He could become a good DE, for our 3-4.

I don't see him playing 3-4 Olb, I think he is just a pure DE, then again people thought the same about Suggs. He is still raw and doesn't have any real like moves to get to the ball, other than his speed. But with good numbers, I can be happy with that pick

Comment

• Best of Q-Tip (Boldin's segment on Maximum Cardinals)

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc....php?PRKey=319

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc....php?PRKey=320

Comment

• Since Norm Chow was fired do you there is any chance that the Cardinals try to get him as a QB coach? I really doubt he gets a OC position in the NFL and i'm not sure if he wants to go back to college yet. He has a proven track record of developing good QB's over their college careers

Steve Young
              Jim Mcmahon
              Phillip Rivers
              Ty Detmer
              Matt Leinart
              Carson Palmer

Comment

• is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year
                  Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile

Comment

Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile
                    I will kill somebody if they don't sign Dansby to a long-term deal. They can franchise him this year as long as they sign him long-term next year. Besides Wilson, he is the next best player on the Cards defense.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think he and Dockett are 2a and 2b but we have more depth at DT then at LB, basically Biesel backing up both spots on the inside

Comment

• How do you guys think i'm doing in the NFL draft game so far?
                        • Traded back from 16 to 27 picked up the Jags 2nd and 5th
                        • Traded up from 27 to 24 and selected Antoine Cason, cost me our 4th, Scottyboy was going to take him if I didn't
                        • Traded our 2nd round pick(#51) to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson
                        • Selected OLB/DE Quentin Groves with the Jags 2nd(#59)
                        • Cut Terrence Holt & Bertrand Berry to relieve cap space

Comment

• hmmm LJ, i think thats just another Edge, i was hoping for a quick speed back. With Edge still on who could pound it up the middle.

So are you going to trade Edge.

So far so good, gets some line help, Olb, and another cb. Also a WR a speed guy that can stretch the field.

Comment

• No one seems to be interested in edge, and LJ is a much better inside runner than Edge at this point in there careers, plus i felt the price was right, I may very well still select a speed back some time in the later rounds

Comment

How do you guys think i'm doing in the NFL draft game so far?
                              • Traded back from 16 to 27 picked up the Jags 2nd and 5th
                              • Traded up from 27 to 24 and selected Antoine Cason, cost me our 4th, Scottyboy was going to take him if I didn't
                              • Traded our 2nd round pick(#51) to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson
                              • Selected OLB/DE Quentin Groves with the Jags 2nd(#59)
                              • Cut Terrence Holt & Bertrand Berry to relieve cap space
                              Who was available at 16? Cason at 24 seems a reach but we need a #1 CB. What did you give up in the trade?

I don't like the LJ trade however (Overrated, coming off a serious injury and may struggle with our O-line; ego concerns as well? Plus he will bring salary cap issues) but the second selection is good value and I strongly agree with the cuts!
                              Will post for +rep.

Comment

• how about Oke after you get another De.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information