Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstock signed with the Bengals today. What's your opinion of him? He seems to be a pretty edge rusher when given the chance.

Comment

• Why is there any talk at all about a 3-4 OLB?

We don't run the 3-4 so why dowe need a 3-4 tweener?

Comment

• yeah we do we run a hybrid 3-4 why do you think Pace was so good all of a sudden, sucked in 4-3 end. If he started out in the 3-4 I think he would have been fine, came out same year as Terrell Suggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          yeah we do we run a hybrid 3-4 why do you think Pace was so good all of a sudden, sucked in 4-3 end. If he started out in the 3-4 I think he would have been fine, came out same year as Terrell Suggs.
          No name one time last season we had 4 LB's on the field. We didn't hence it was not a 3-4.

We ran a 5-2 D, hence why is may have looked like a 3-4 and Dansby may have looked like and ILB and Pace looked like a 3-4 OLB, he in fact played with his hand down and a 5-2 End, a similar position to a 3-4, but overall the defence was never a 3-4.

The 3 man fronts we ran was the 3-3-5 with Antrell Rolle in the rover spot (See Bengals game)

Or it was the 3-2-6 which we showed in passing situations (End of the Browns game)

This defence was not a 3-4 last year at all, we may switch to it this season, but even then a 3-4 Backer is not imperative especially over a CB, when guys like McKelvin, Jenkins and Cason fit our side so well. We have LaBoy, Okeafor and Berry rotating at OLB with many guys that could fill in available in the middle rounds.

Comment

• you do know that the olb in the 3-4 brings most of the pressure while the D-line eats guys up with double blocks. So they essentially are important, and not letting the qb sit back there all day.

But yeah the biggest need is cb after Rolle's move finally to FS, and we did pick up Laboy which helps for the Pace loss a little.

Comment

• We ran a 3-4 about 40 percent of the time lats year, not sure what your talking about Kiwi, in any passing situation we were in the 3-4

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                We ran a 3-4 about 40 percent of the time lats year, not sure what your talking about Kiwi, in any passing situation we were in the 3-4
                Who was the 4th LB, we never ran the 3-4.

In obvious passing situations we ran 3 man fronts, the 3-2-6 and the 3-3-5, Rolle played a "rover" spot in the 3-3-5 defence, that Clancy was actually planning to make the base defence before injuries hit hard.

It was aptly entitled the Rock and Rolle defence, we used it for only one extended period of time, the Bengals game.

Honsetly, we never ran a 3-4 ever, or at least for any extended period of time, We never had 4 LB's on the field. The limited action Monty Beisal (the backup at each spot) saw was when Karlos went down with his injury.

Comment

• DE Smith
                  NT Watson
                  DE Dockett

OLB Pace
                  ILB Dansby
                  ILB Hayes
                  OLB Blackstock / Berry

that was our 3-4

Comment

DE Smith
                    NT Watson
                    DE Dockett

OLB Pace
                    ILB Dansby
                    ILB Hayes
                    OLB Blackstock / Berry

that was our 3-4

Before Berry was injured, he played 4-3 end and Dockett played inside. Blackstock played 5-2 Overend near the end of the year when we were realy short of players. Te 3-4 was an afterthought.

Comment

• How do you guys think I did as the Cardinals GM in the forum mock?

16. Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
                      38. Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
                      106. Duane Brown OL Virginia Tech
                      116. Kendall Langford DE Hampton
                      149. Tommy Blake DE/OLB Texas Christian University
                      185. Mike Dragosavich P North Dakota State
                      225. Steve Johnson WR Kentucky

I wanted to be semi realistic so I didn't do a bunch of crazy trades like other teams and just stuck to the draft

Comment

How do you guys think I did as the Cardinals GM in the forum mock?

I wanted to be semi realistic so I didn't do a bunch of crazy trades like other teams and just stuck to the draft
                        I like it. Any draft with the Cards getting Jenkins AND Stewart is good for me.

BoneKrusher

Comment

How do you guys think I did as the Cardinals GM in the forum mock?

pretty beastly draft, jenkins and stewart, and getting Blake that late is a steal I want us to draft him mid day...

as far as the real draft, is there and chance you guys go RB 1st round? Im trying to figure out if any of the top 3 corners will fall to 22 and it would probably only happen with the Bills taking a WR and you guys going Rb.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The only way I don't think we take a corner is if McKelvin, DRC & Jenkins are gone

Comment

• well umm it's dead here now

GO CARDS!

Comment

• LoL.
                                Well with OTAs over..and a while to go until the roster cut dates, there's not going to be much going on. Hopefully some contract news.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information