This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good article on player weights with S&C coach Lott:

Nose tackle Gabe Watson was once about 374 pounds; he plays at 332 now and both Lott and Watson have talked about Watson dropping into the 320s. Running back Tim Hightower was about 235 and shed about 10 or 12 pounds. Anquan Boldin went from around 230 at one point to 218.
    http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3010

BoneKrusher

Comment

• gotta love Lott, Fitz also dropped about 15 pounds last year because of him, he has a great idea where guys should be playing at and how to get them there

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        gotta love Lott, Fitz also dropped about 15 pounds last year because of him, he has a great idea where guys should be playing at and how to get them there
        Yeah, the pictures they had on that article really showed how much Fitz has changed over two years.

Agreed on he knows where players need to play at. I'm interested in seeing where he wants Herman Johnson to be playing at.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Comment

• ahhah damn larry just took ur shoes and camera.

Comment

• That reporter is stupid. Why would you race Fitz? Did he think he was slow or something? Still funny though.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Agent Drew Rosenhaus claims that he recently proposed a contract offer to the Cardinals that would pay client Anquan Boldin less than $10 million annually.
                "Reports that (Boldin) is seeking a contract worth $10 million per yr are inaccurate," Rosenhaus said on his Twitter. It was speculated that Boldin wanted to be paid like Larry Fitzgerald, but he's apparently willing to take a hometown discount for Arizona. It appears progress is being made in talks.
                from rotoworld

Comment

• Great news. This is looking a lot better than it did a couple months ago. If we can get him signed for around 4 or 5 years for less than $10 million annually that's a pretty good deal. Next on the list should be getting Dansby and Wilson resigned. We have just started to make this a good defense, we don't need to lose the two main leaders on it.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm sure they can extend Boldin before getting Dansby a extension but it wouldn't be as easy. Dansby most likely will get his contract 1st so that we don't have his 9.67 mil cap hit, then Wilson/Boldin and if they feel Dockett deserves one his would come last.

The people who needs a extension the most though is Whis and Grimm both have 2 years remaining on there contracts

Comment

• True, Dansby's cap hit makes it more difficult since he was tagged. I want to hear what Dansby is looking for though money-wise. If he is looking for a lot, it may be more logical to just let him walk and either pick somebody up in FA or in the '10 draft. Dockett I am not worried about. He will get his ass in gear and stop complaining shortly. He has 3 years left on his contract, he can wait. Wilson, IMO, is the leader of our defense. He needs to be resigned for whatever he wants because he has the attitude and leadership we need on our defense.

Agreed, Whis and Grimm have done nothing but good since coming to AZ. They've sparked a lot of interest in the franchise and hopefully made them winners for years to come.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Pretty good article on Leinart.

The pretty boy is growing older, and the party-boy pictures aren't popping up on the Internet anymore. Matt Leinart has rarely looked better.

He is somewhat chiseled now, hardened by a new commitment to the weight room and life in the NFL. He takes pride in being the second-team quarterback. He is 26 years old and beginning to make very smart choices.

"A lot of this goes to the maturity of Matt," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "A lot of times (backup quarterbacks) are guys who have had tremendous success in the past, and they don't handle the role very well. And then when it comes time for them to play, they're not prepared. They don't play well.

"I have to give credit to Matt, because it appears to me, from what I've seen on the practice field, that he's grown up."
                        http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...ckley0521.html

This is good to hear. Hopefully Leinart keeps progressing and will prove to everybody that he can be a quality starting QB in this league.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• ESPN reporting Q has fired Rosenhaus. Maybe that leads toward Q re-signing more easily. Apparently they weren't on the same page and I'm hoping Rosenhaus was the one looking for more money while Q is more willing to re-sign.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Nothing that Boldin has done in the past led me to believe he was a greedy player until this last off season when Rosenhaus wouldn't shut up, so lets hope he returns to his role as team leader and captain of the Cardinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Nothing that Boldin has done in the past led me to believe he was a greedy player until this last off season when Rosenhaus wouldn't shut up, so lets hope he returns to his role as team leader and captain of the Cardinals.
                              If you look at Rosenhaus's track record, you'll see his clients are known for always asking for more. I think he is the one who puts the big money ideas in the players heads and over-values his clients.

Q seems like a team player and doesnt bring in unnecessary drama. (I.E. he just left after the NFCC game)

Comment

• Whoever Q picks to be his new agent has got to be better than Rosenhaus. I'm tired of hearing nothing but talk about Q and his new contract, just get it done and overwith. Stop the speculation that he'll get traded, which I'm pretty sure he won't. Anybody who still thinks he will be traded after the draft is pretty stupid.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information