Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.

Comment

the only good DE left is Jared Allen, and if we move Calvin Pace back to DE then we would move up,

I still dont see JT getting Drafted becuase Detroit has to many needs and may trade down,

Cleavland might take him, but they have bigger needs at RB, Lewis is only a 1 year solution and ruben Droughns is being traded,

Bucs i dont see drafting anyone else but CJ

I still like Joe Staley better in the second, or late first, he is the quickest LT out there right now

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.
        I'd rather risk Thomas falling, than giving up a second rounder. It certainly means that Landry is very unlikely now.
        Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
        #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be a proponent of dealing up for Joe Thomas. I think Russ Grimm can coach someone up (and I don't think Staley is there in round 2 as of now). That said, if they can add a DL signing, say, maybe a DT, I could see them making the push up, as they could still possibly have the third to add a young DE (someone should be there), and another LB can be found in day 2 as the talent should be stretch well into the 4th.

Comment

I think we need to give Blackstock or Johnson a shot at OLB, i have faith in them, either that or we need a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd or none at all(of course unless somebody good falls)

Comment

There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.
                Hopefully Zak DeOssie or Stewart Bradley last until round three.

In other news, Richie Anderson was arrested for solicitation. Hopefully the Bidwill's don't kick him out.

Comment

when / If do the cards draft a RB ?

Comment

i don't think they do

Shipp & Arrington are good depth

Comment

Is LT really that big of a need wouldnt it be better to put JT in at RT and switch him with Lutipu because Lineart is a Lefty and his blind side would be Right side or we could keep Lutipu there since thats how college was for him Lutipu portecting his blind side

We could get a T in the second and move down and get some picks to work on the D and O line more, even lb

still want merriwether

Comment

you must not watch the cardinals

Joe Thomas is a LT and should stay at LT, Reggie Wells was a beast at RT along with Lutui at RG, I don't want to change the best part of our line, plus just because Leinart is a lefty doesn't mean that guys like Peppers & Freeney are gonna line up on the left now, they are gonna stay at RE and thats why we need quality there

Comment

Well nice new sig but Peppers is on the left and Freeney is on the right, nah i dont want to change it either but i was just trying to see wat people thought

Comment

I'd like to see our O-Line look like this:

LT - Joe Thomas
                            LG - Milford Brown?
                            C - Al Johnson
                            RG - Deuce Lutui
                            RT - Reggie Wells

BoneKrusher

Comment

i think most of us would, lets just hope he falls to us

Comment

hopefully Ross will start playing better since he has his old line coach back, and he could take browns spot

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information