This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I was surprised to see him call it quits, personally. What is the general consensus? Could he have played a few more years? I haven't heard anything about loss of production or anything.
    I think his body was starting to wear. He's had nagging injuries pretty much every year for the past 5 years and combine that with decreasing playing time and I could see why he would retire.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• So there are some Joey Porter rumours starting up. I would be all for it, even at 33 he is a better 3-4 OLB than anyone we have had on the roster over the last few years. Also I read a comment from Darren Urban (the writer for Cards official site) that he doesn't think Chike is going to be resigned. So currently we are going into next year with Haggans (33 years old), Davis (6th rounder last year) and Brown (IR) as the only OLBs on the roster.

I think regardless of any offseason signings we should be targeting an edge rusher high in the draft.

Comment

• Arizona signs ex-CFL LB Baggs to 1-year deal

Comment

• should deff play 3-4 OLB with us, i know nothing about him though

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm curious what's the latest on Rolle and Dansby? How much do they want and where they're rumored to go.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Dansby won't be tagged and Rolle is most likely going to be cut, so either both are gone or will sign extensions

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                Hey guys, I'm curious what's the latest on Rolle and Dansby? How much do they want and where they're rumored to go.
                Cards have said they wont tag Dansby again so he is as good as gone. For a contract I guess a good starting point would be Bart Scott's 6 year 48 million contract from last season. The free agent class is weak though and he is going to have so many bidders it's going to cost a pretty penny to secure his services.

On Rolle he is due a 4 million roster bonus next week and then another 8 million salary on top of that (12million total :)) so all signs point to him being let go. The Cards will let him test free agency and will look to match any reasonable offer but most likely he will be out of our price range.

Comment

• Well it looks like Boldin is gone, 3rd and 4th to the Ravens. Sucks to see him go but it's a good deal for both teams, hopefully Doucet can continue on with his post season form. Looks like Rolle and Dansby are pretty much guaranteed to be elsewhere next season as well.

Some FAs I hope we chase.

FS - Ryan Clark. Steelers connection and he is solid all around player.

OLB - Joey Porter. Steeler connection and he has said he wants to play hear. On the downside of his career but still an upgrade over anything we had last year.

DT - Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Big strong tackle coming off a season ending surgery but I think he could work well as part of our NT rotation.

TE - Ben Watson. Wouldn't mind him if he came cheap.

I have seen some talk around Larry Foote as a stop gap to fill the void left by Dansby.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ardinals-next/

Guard Rex Hadnot will meet with the Cardinals this week, according to Fox's Alex Marvez.
                    He has experience at both center and guard. Will be nice to have some depth and competition at center.

Comment

• Foote is here today and Porter comes in on Thursday

Comment

• http://www.cardinalsgab.com/2010/03/...sit-the-cards/

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Cardinals will host a visit from Charlie Whitehurst, a restricted free agent quarterback from the San Diego Chargers. The recent third-round tender would presumably compete with Matt Leinart for a starting job if the Cardinals sign him.

The Cardinals organization, however, continue to insist that the 2010 draft will focus on defensive players; rightly so. With current needs at DE, CB, ILB, and OLB

Comment

• Derek Anderson coming in for a visit on friday

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...anderson_N.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Foote is here today and Porter comes in on Thursday
                            I lied, apparently Foote has been here since Tuesday but both are visiting today, they both want to be Cardinals so the only way they leave without a contract is if we don't want them or if they want some ridiculous contract

Comment

• Cardinals re-sign Bridges

Comment

• since the nfl insists we have a 3rd uniform i whipped this up, a mix of our current and 90s uni

Last edited by fenikz; 03-11-2010, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information