This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    because Henry did nothing at UofA and i expect he will do nothing in the pros, just a work out warrior

the only reason i want AD prospects like him don't come along very often, and even when they do how often are we gonna be in position to grab one
    But you simply don't take a good prospect because he's good. That'd be like us taking Calvin Johnson if he fell to us. RB is not a position of need, and there is nothing wrong with us filling a need if Gaines Adams or LaRon Landry is there.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone

Comment

I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone
        What do you mean QB wasn't a need? We had Kurt Warner and our back-up was Josh McCown. You think we didn't need a starting, franchise QB? Berry gets injured every year, and Okeafor is an average DE. What if 2 DE's get injured, now what?

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm in agreement with Jensen here, although I'm hoping this argument will be inconsiquential in the end as I really just want Thomas.

@ Fenikz: if next's years class of DE is stronger than this years i'll be amazed. Your argument doesn't hold up well there, as the junior running backs next year are off the scale.

AD isn't the once in the lifetime prospect your making him out to be. Bush was clearly better, and it was just 2 years ago 3 were taken in the top 5. He has clear durability issues and on top of that is not in anyway a need

You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.
          Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
          #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Only rb we needs is a power rb and that can be had in the later rounds, i think we can try and make a run at Leonard the FB, we signed one i know but that cant really be a solution, and Leonard might might fall to the second.

If we get JT hooray, but i would rather prefer JS,
            Also DE is a bigger need after OT, Just say NO to gaines adams, he is a pass rusher, but he can in no way stop the run like our current big DEs. I think Jamaal Anderson is a better pick, or we wait for the Second or Third round to pick Almac Francis(SP) now that guy is a beast.

Comment

Gonna go off topic, but do you guys know why Phoenix was built the way it was as a massive, sprawling monster rather then a traditional city?

Comment

NO google it you clown use wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
                  You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.
                  According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.

Comment

Originally posted by RedAttack View Post
                    According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.
                    It may be a bigger possibility than I want to believe, but the fact is I'll be one annoyed fan if we draft Peterson.

Just because we are going to run the ball all that time doesn't mean we need another running back. At Pittsburgh they got by almost exclusively with Parker, who was a undrafted free agent. Whiz could be on the lookout for a guy of a similar mould.

We could select Leonard or Lynch if they drop in the top of the 2nd, I'd have no problem with that.

Alternitively we could get by this year by burning out James. Then next year select a RB in a amazing draft class of RB's next year.

There is 3 alterntives to selecting Peterson, all of which would allow for a improvement on defence or the oline, (which would help the running attack anyway). Running back is a overrated position, 1 elite back is good enough for any team.
                    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                    #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

We should run the three rb system like the eagles did that one year, that is an amzing system

Comment

When is Boldin a FA, and do you see the Cards re-signing him? That would be a lot of money tied up in the WR position.

Comment

Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal

Comment

Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal

I second this notion Boldin is probably the best all around reciever in my homerish opinion.

Comment

I'd much rather have Boldin than Fitz, and I would hope he gets a contract extension before 2010.

BoneKrusher

Comment

didnt he get one last year, he probably will get one like in 09 or 10 depeding on age and production just like any WRs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information