Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Arizona Cardinals in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Wow, Love what the Cardinals did on the 1st day

16. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee States

The kid has a world full of potential and could be an all pro very soon, BC was far in away our biggest need and we went BPA imo at the spot.

50. Calais Campbell DE Miami

Huge steal right here, I have been saying it for awhile but getting a CB in the 1st and then Campbell in the 2nd would be my ultimate draft. He can play both DE spots in the 4-3 & 3-4. We have a very good and very deep rotation right now which should help our pass rush next year.

for day 2 we need a change of pace back, Jamaal Charles could be the pick in the 3rd, a punter, some o-line depth and possibly so more help in the secondary
    Last edited by fenikz; 04-26-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Love the DRC pick, he was my #1 player that I wanted the Cardinals to realistically draft. Campbell I'm still a little iffy on, but if he reverts back to his soph. days then he was a huge steal.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Do you guys fell that Campbell would be best served dropping about 20 pounds of weight to regain his pass rushing edge? His sophomore year he weighed in the upper 260's and I fell that under John Lott he can return to his 06 form and could play standing up in the 3-4 at around 270.

Comment

Cards took two guys with a world of potential, could really pay dividends for the team the next few years.

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          for day 2 we need a change of pace back, Jamaal Charles could be the pick in the 3rd
          Charles couldn't ask for a better pro to learn from and watch than Edgerrin James, on how to be an all-purpose back and how to be a pro. Charles, while very talented, has some ways to go in that area, but again would be well served with a year of that type of tutelage.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Do you guys fell that Campbell would be best served dropping about 20 pounds of weight to regain his pass rushing edge? His sophomore year he weighed in the upper 260's and I fell that under John Lott he can return to his 06 form and could play standing up in the 3-4 at around 270.
            Yeah, I would rather see him drop down to around 270 also. Campbell's biggest tool is his speed off the corner. It's a lot easier to utilize that speed at 270 rather than 290.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I think he should add Weight and stick to 3-4 ends at 6-7 he is better suited there. He played in college by over power or a short burst. He doesn't really have that edge rusher moves.

Things Left
              Speed Back- Jamal Charles, Chauncey Washington, Forestt
              Olb-pass rusher Avril, Wheeler, Bruce Davis, Crable, I think we have a good chance at landing Crable or Davis
              O-line-Still are looking for a LT
              DB-Green has a 1 year tender.

Comment

my big board for the 3rd

1. Cliff Avril OLB Purdue
                2. Jamaal Charles RB Texas
                3. Dan Connor LB Penn State
                4. Antwuan Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
                5. Kevin Smith RB Central Florida
                6. DaJuan Morgan S NC State
                7. Justin King CB Penn State
                8. Mario Manningham WR Michigan

Comment

2nd day hasn't been as good as the 1st but there were some solid picks

81. Early Doucet WR LSU
                  obviously great value here, a guy that most people had as a 1st rounder coming into the season, could start as our 3rd WR right away and if do end up losing Boldin at sometime (please no) then he could replace him.

116. Kenny Iwebema DE Iowa
                  Coming into this season he had a lot of people had him in the late 1st, but much like Campbell he had a poor senior season and only a decent combine. He is a great fit for 3-4 DE and it makes me wonder if they intend to stand Campbell up.

149. Timothy Hightower RB Richmond
                  I personally have no clue who this guy is(but i did make myself a sig) seems like a coaches pick because Graves tends to go with the big names. Looks like Shipp will be cut now to save about 2 mil in cap space.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if we did pick up Ali Highsmith as an UDFA?

Comment

yes we did, our UDFA so fa are

QB Anthony Morelli, OT Thaddeus Coleman, DT Keilen Dykes, G Hercules Satele, LB Ali Highsmith, DL Bryan Robinson, OL Carlton Medder

Comment

MOrelli I thought we would get someone better with a cannon arm make the deep throws. I wanted Wright to go to the Cards.

Dykes is another good pick up, he will be a DE maybe DT.

Comment

LB Ali Highsmith
                          he is going to be a solid NFL player

Comment

There's a couple of UDFA pickups that I'm quite impressed with including some projects for Grimm to work with. There seems a little more potential there than the normal camp fodder.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information