1. Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
      2. Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio State
      3a. Jamar Chaney ILB Mississippi State
      3b. Andre Roberts WR The Citadel
      4. A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno State
      6. Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
      7. Arthur Moats OLB James Madison

Comment

What's the scoop on Gibson? Haven't heard much on him and he hasn't been mentioned among the top edge rushers, but is he a good fit at 3-4 OLB?

BoneKrusher

Comment

So Dan Williams is the pick. Really didn't think he would fall that far but was probably the guy I wanted most. Our FO has done a good job the last few years of being patient and getting good value in the first.

Not a Clausen fan so was happy we passed him up.

Comment

Ya huge steal, was the #1 guy who I thought could maybe fall to us. Whis and Graves seem very very happy about him. Now I would love to move up for Kindle, I think he fits perfectly at ILB in our defense

Comment

Love the Williams pick. Should solidify the NT position for the Cards for awhile and help anchor the defense. I would also look to move up for Kindle and maybe Campbell/Brown. If not, hope Daryl Washington is still around with our 2nd rounder. Still think we need an OT to protect Leinart.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                Ya huge steal, was the #1 guy who I thought could maybe fall to us. Whis and Graves seem very very happy about him. Now I would love to move up for Kindle, I think he fits perfectly at ILB in our defense
                Definitely. I really want us to be aggressive and target a couple of impact players.

Comment

Daryl Washington, love it, we are predictable but so good at drafting

who we gonna grab in the 3rd, I'm a big AOA fan, Griffen still on the board but i don't like him in the 3-4, Bruce Campbell as well

Comment

Also a big fan of Roberts, started looking at him during the forum mock and he tape is amazing. Obviously vs lower level talent but it's how he plays that stands out the most. If you can catch you can catch no matter who is guarding you, great hands, goes out and grabs the ball doesn't let it come into his pads.

Jbond feel's he will be pushing Doucet for the #3 jump right away

Comment

Daryl Washington, love it, we are predictable but so good at drafting

who we gonna grab in the 3rd, I'm a big AOA fan, Griffen still on the board but i don't like him in the 3-4, Bruce Campbell as well
                      I really like the Washington pick as well, seems like we were considering him in the first if Williams was off the board. The Spikes fan in me wishes we had stayed put and grabbed him (keeping the third) but to be honest we needed someone with speed and he wasn't it. It seems like we have been good against power type runners the last few years but speedy guys ran circles around our ancient LBs. Be a nice change to have a faster guy back there.

Roberts is a good pick as well. I have faith in Early but there is not much behind the top three receivers. Wouldn't have minded a taking a flyer on Bruce Campbell, but who knows he may still be there for us later on.

Who do you think we go after tomorrow? Wouldn't mind AOA or Cox otherwise if Campbell make it to us I could see him being the pick. Still some good TE talent out there as well.

Comment

Also a big fan of Roberts, started looking at him during the forum mock and he tape is amazing. Obviously vs lower level talent but it's how he plays that stands out the most. If you can catch you can catch no matter who is guarding you, great hands, goes out and grabs the ball doesn't let it come into his pads.

Jbond feel's he will be pushing Doucet for the #3 jump right away
                        The way Whis brings along rookies I would be really suprised if he gets much game time to start with. Remember when people were assuming Beanie was going to be the starter last year straight after the draft. If Doucet and Roberts show something during the year it will be interesting to see what happens with Breastons contract.

Washington and Williams will probably see decent time to start with simply because of the lack of depth at their respective positions.

Edit: From the Cards site

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Washington was the 12th-rated player on the Cards’ board (one behind Williams) and was considered with the first round pick. GM Rod Graves said there wasn’t much debate on trading the third-round pick because it was “the right decision.” Whisenhunt said after the pick, one NFC team called to say it was going to take Washington “a couple of picks later.” Whiz didn’t specifically name the team.
                        Last edited by Stranger; 04-24-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Really loving the draft so far. Williams and Washington were perfect picks. Don't know a lot about Roberts, but everyone else seems to like it. Hoping with our 4th we get AOA, but if he's not there I wouldn't mind Campbell, Cox, or Pitta. I wonder if Campbell has some problems we don't know about. Hardly anybody saw him dropping out of the 2nd, much less the 3rd.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Would have liked AOA but I am pretty happy with Schofield, probably the one mid round OLB I really wanted. We are backed up at the position for this season but he will probably redshirt this year with his injury and then next year he will move into the rotation when Haggans leaves.

Giving up McFadden for Skelton is a pretty big move so I am guessing the team feels confident in Toler. I liked what McFadden brought during the season but he was awful in the two playoff games, even with DRC/Rolle playing injured or off the field it seemed like it was him giving up all of the TDs. Skelton seems like a decent guy to take for a long term project at QB as well so hopefully he can show something over the next few years.

Don't know anything about Calvin. Looks like he was a JUCO guy and then missed last year after being declared academically ineligible. You guys know anything about him?

Dray - just a depth guy to compete with Becht/Spach for the blocking TE role.

Comment

Schofield was an absolute monster when healthy, if he can return to form could be one of the bigger steals in the draft. He destroyed my Canes in our bowl game.

John Skelton may be my favorite pick in this draft, He has been my favorite developmental QB for awhile now. Has an amazing arm, great size, good vision and pocket awareness and a ton of upside. His main weakness is footwork and throwing short routes but these things can be taught.

Don't know much about Jorrick Calvin yet but here is the reason he didn't play last year.

Calvin said he was academically ineligible because, after a “couple of deaths” in his family in the spring of 2009, he failed to inform one of his teachers he would be missing some classes and he ended up with a failing grade. That put him below the 24 credit hours for the year he needed to play. “I’ve had problems in my past, but I have come to realize there is more in life to worry about than bull,” he said.
                              Didn't know much about Dray but he looks like a amazing blocking TE with good hands, a younger Spach/Becht.

Comment

I like all of the picks except for Jorrick Calvin in the 6th. Seems like there were better CB's left on the board there, and nothing really stands out about his game. Not to mention he hasn't played organized football in over a year. Not the player to pick for an already ailing CB corps.

I absolutely love the O'Brien Schofield pick if he can return to form before he blew out his knee. One of my favorite players in the draft since I watched a lot of Wisconsin games this year.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information