No announcement yet.

Cardinals 2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We signed A.J. Jefferson as a UDFA if that is any consolation.

As for Calvin, Whis said in a interview that due to the Bill Walsh Coaching Fellowship Program they were very close with Troy coaches and had a lot of good information about him. Said he was a very talented physical corner who can run.

Comment

I would just like to say that a d-line consisting of Dockett/Dan Williams/Campbell makes me poop my pants
      save Freeman

Comment

+ add in the 1st true pass rusher we've had in forever with Porter

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          We signed A.J. Jefferson as a UDFA if that is any consolation.

As for Calvin, Whis said in a interview that due to the Bill Walsh Coaching Fellowship Program they were very close with Troy coaches and had a lot of good information about him. Said he was a very talented physical corner who can run.
          Don't really know much about Jefferson either, but we'll see what happens.

Well if Whis likes him that's good enough for me. Just seemed like an oddball pick at the time given our corner situation.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen View Post

Well if Whis likes him that's good enough for me. Just seemed like an oddball pick at the time given our corner situation.
            Here's Calvin's Troy profile.

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1523227

Looks like he is a decent returner as well. Guess it will be Roberts on punt returns and him/LSH on kick returns.

Took over as the Trojans' primary kick and punt returner from record-setting All-American Leodis McKelvin, taking one kickoff back 95 yards for a touchdown against North Texas ... Returned a blocked field goal 65 yards for a score against ULL ... Finished the season ranked 30th in the nation, and first in the Sun Belt, in kick returns, averaging 25.7 yards per return, or 2.5 yards more per return than McKelvin had as a senior to earn All-America honors

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen View Post

A tall, long-armed corner who exhibits good length and physicality when lined up in press coverage. Jefferson shows good coordination when extending his arms and has the ability to remain balanced as he reroutes receivers off the line. However, he's a bit leggy when asked to redirect and isn't the most fluid of cornerbacks. Jefferson is a natural bender in his drop but struggles to quickly break down and explode out of his breaks, with a tendency to drift. But once he gets his feet under him, he can quickly close on the ball. He displays good range downfield and has an ability to turn and run with receivers vertically. However, he opens up his hips too early and struggles to quickly regain his footwork and change directions.
              cant link the source but he was graded the same as Jerome Murphy, Patrick Robinson and Jorrick Calvin

Comment

cant link the source but he was graded the same as Jerome Murphy, Patrick Robinson and Jorrick Calvin
                Not big fans of Robinson I guess.

Sounds like Jefferson is a good pick up though. Hopefully him or Calvin can step up and contribute early because I don't really want to see Adams as our main nickelback. Wouldn't be suprised if we brought Brown back as well to give us some veteran experience at CB.

Comment

You guys signed former Ole Miss CB Marshay Green, is undersized but very athletic and tough and can return.

Comment

we have so many potential returners on the team right now

Comment

we have so many potential returners on the team right now
                      Bringing in Justin Miller for a tryout as well.

Found some highlight video for some of the UDFAs we brought in.

Stephen Williams WR Toledo 6-4 210 4.53

Max Komar WR 5-11 202

Marshay Green CB 5-9 175

Last edited by Stranger; 04-27-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information