Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laurent Robinson -- Highlight Film (5:54)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Jenkins, he's my favorite of all of them, but man, he's just not been going back and fighting for the ball, maybe it's coaching maybe not, but it has to change.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      I really like Jenkins, he's my favorite of all of them, but man, he's just not been going back and fighting for the ball, maybe it's coaching maybe not, but it has to change.
      so pretty much your calling jenkins a soft 6'4 220ish

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        so pretty much your calling jenkins a soft 6'4 220ish
        yup i think that was it... face it though atlanta has had about as much sucess drafting wide outs as detiot lately... i think as long as this guy can hold on to the ball you will do good... i mean vick needs someon to go up and grab the ball out of the air like Fitzy did for him in the pro bowl

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Roddy- Big play threat, big drop threat
          Jenkins- TD guy, drop guy
          Horn- Experienced guy, hurt guy
          Finneran- Good hands guy, hurt guy, slow guy
          Robinson- Physical speciman, good hands, top 10 in all combine drills, looks to play slow (but Petrino says he is a great deep threat...)
          Jennings- Fast, athletic, small
          Marshall- Super fast, small
          Fred Gibson- Big, athletic, 'soft'?
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

yall should spent your first pick on sweed next year

Comment

yall should spent your first pick on sweed next year

I would like that alot. Personally, I think we would go in a different route than another 1st round WR though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                I would like that alot. Personally, I think we would go in a different route than another 1st round WR though.
                ya i could too, but wr is really a need. i mean other then jenkins who do yall got.white has underachived,horn is old,robinson is an unproven rookie.

i think you guys could use a mlb to learn under brooking since he is gonna retire soon imo.maybe like goff(sp) or brinkley

Comment

ya i could too, but wr is really a need. i mean other then jenkins who do yall got.white has underachived,horn is old,robinson is an unproven rookie.

i think you guys could use a mlb to learn under brooking since he is gonna retire soon imo.maybe like goff(sp) or brinkley

I think Brooking still has a few solid years left, we might target a 2nd round MLB next year, or something like that. WR is definately a need though, unless this core steps up. And IMO it's now or never. The have a few WR geniuses on the staff now.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    I think Brooking still has a few solid years left, we might target a 2nd round MLB next year, or something like that. WR is definately a need though, unless this core steps up. And IMO it's now or never. The have a few WR geniuses on the staff now.
                    i dont think the core will step up though..i only think jenkins will..but i also relized that you guys could use another passrushing end like derrick harvy

Comment

i dont think the core will step up though..i only think jenkins will..but i also relized that you guys could use another passrushing end like derrick harvy

I think we will do fine. Like I said, our staff is great with WR's. I have a hard time believing they can't get 2 former first round picks to live up to their potential.

Comment

You know who I really want next year? DeSean Jackson. I dont know why. Maybe cause he goes to Berkley and I live in the Bay Area, but DAMN. That kid is a playmaker. I wasnt even interested in Tedd Ginn, but Jackson can run routes and is amazing after the catch. He is such a stud.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                          You know who I really want next year? DeSean Jackson. I dont know why. Maybe cause he goes to Berkley and I live in the Bay Area, but DAMN. That kid is a playmaker. I wasnt even interested in Tedd Ginn, but Jackson can run routes and is amazing after the catch. He is such a stud.
                          you have one of those in roddy white

Comment

Laurent was one of my favorite WR's leading up to the draft. He is a natural WR who will need to make his niche running crisp routes since he doesn't really have much "explosion"to his game. Great hands, body control and awareness. I wish him the best.

Comment

pretty much as advertised. I compared him more to Fitzgerald before the draft than Boldin. He doesn't have the size of Fitz, but his play was very similar in college. It often seemed like he would lure the defender to sleep on him early in his route, then he would explode on them, he is very quick out of cuts. He won't be able to get away with that against the corners in the NFL as much, so I would expect him to adapt and play full speed in the NFL. Some of the best hands and route running in the draft. Also he is very football smart and very hard working. All his coaches and teammates say that he was always studying game film. Does have durability concerns and needs to hold the ball in better position sometimes. Didn't fumble much in college, but many experts were concerned that he didn't alway cover the points. Then there is the obvious knock of he didn't always play against elite competition.

Part of me thinks he will perform right off the bat, and part of me thinks he will take a little bit to adjust in the NFL. It could go either way, depends on if he tries to keep his same college route techniques or adjust right away.

Do keep in mind though, that all the clips in there are from this year, so the Kansas St. game is the only one he didn't have an injured ankle.

Comment

Yeah wish they had the Iowa State game. He ripped them up.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information