Vick Indicted by a FED Grand Jury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    90% of the time you are right. The 10% who are found innocent strongly disagree. Does Goddell really want to open up a can of worms here? If he suspends every first time offender who looks like they are guilty, he will be in a world of trouble.
    Im pretty sure the feds know that mike vick is pretty famous therefore they know this case will be heavily scrutinized by the media. Im pretty sure they did their homework on this one and unless they mess up the evidence vick is as good as done. At least you guys could go for a real QB like brohm next year that might actually lead you guys to the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
      Im pretty sure the feds know that mike vick is pretty famous therefore they know this case will be heavily scrutinized by the media. Im pretty sure they did their homework on this one and unless they mess up the evidence vick is as good as done. At least you guys could go for a real QB like brohm next year that might actually lead you guys to the superbowl.

OJ was as good as done. So were Kobe and Ray Lewis. All were guarenteed to be convicted by the unknowing fans. And about the shot at Vick's QB play. Please stop, you have no idea if you think a guy who sits in the pocket is the only way to get to a Superbowl.

Comment

OJ was as good as done. So were Kobe and Ray Lewis. All were guarenteed to be convicted by the unknowing fans. And about the shot at Vick's QB play. Please stop, you have no idea if you think a guy who sits in the pocket is the only way to get to a Superbowl.
        like i said screwed up evidence can ruin a case. and my shot at vick never said anything about his scrambling ability. face it, he's the most overrated player in the nfl.

And youre naive if you think OJ is actually innocent.

Comment

like i said screwed up evidence can ruin a case. and my shot at vick never said anything about his scrambling ability. face it, he's the most overrated player in the nfl.

And youre naive if you think OJ is actually innocent.

Have you not looked at this very own boards QB ratings? People were putting the likes of Favre and Romo ahead of him. He isn't overrated. Throw out the OJ case all together since it's so contriversal. Kobe and Ray were in for much worse things than Vick is. They got off, and most people think nothing less of them.

Comment

Have you not looked at this very own boards QB ratings? People were putting the likes of Favre and Romo ahead of him. He isn't overrated. Throw out the OJ case all together since it's so contriversal. Kobe and Ray were in for much worse things than Vick is. They got off, and most people think nothing less of them.
            Im gonna get of the vick as a QB thing cause its off topic to this thread, but to respond to your last statement, yes, people do think much less of ray lewis and kobe bryant. do you know how many sponsers they lost?

Comment

I suppose I'm the last one left then.
              I think so.

Comment

Im gonna get of the vick as a QB thing cause its off topic to this thread, but to respond to your last statement, yes, people do think much less of ray lewis and kobe bryant. do you know how many sponsers they lost?

When people talk how often do they bring up their murder and rape cases? Barely at all. It's really been faded due to the fact they were found innocent, and have had success since.

Comment

When people talk how often do they bring up their murder and rape cases? Barely at all. It's really been faded due to the fact they were found innocent, and have had success since.
                  well maybe one day we'll be able to talk about vick the same way, but i highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I think so.

I guess I'll keep the hope so if this goes in a complete 180, all of us aren't made out to look like fools.

Comment

I was just thinking this over, and realistically, if the organization still wants Vick, we can keep him.

If Vick is guilty, do you really think he is going to give up his football career, and 100 million dollar deal for a couple of dog fighters? No way. He'd take a plea bargain, and start naming names. He'd probaly end up with a fine and probation. That would probaly get him suspended for 4-8 games, considering it's a first offense. Or on the otherhand, he is innocent, and we move on. But I just read an article where Goddell is going to let this legal situation play out before he suspends him. So realistically, if we still want Vick, we should be able to keep him.

Comment

I dont see why its any reason to jump the gun and go after a new qb, and push your super bowl aspirations back 4-5 years...Vick might miss half this season, maybe 4 games if innocent, but when he does come back what do you do then? do you try to trade him which is gonna kill your cap the next two years, and obviously if vick plays any this year your pick wouldnt be as high as if harrington played all year long...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I dont see why its any reason to jump the gun and go after a new qb, and push your super bowl aspirations back 4-5 years...Vick might miss half this season, maybe 4 games if innocent, but when he does come back what do you do then? do you try to trade him which is gonna kill your cap the next two years, and obviously if vick plays any this year your pick wouldnt be as high as if harrington played all year long...
                          It isn't as if the Falcons have super bowl aspirations now, anyway. They have a young nucleus, with a new coaching staff, that by all accounts the team is in a retooling stage. The conviction rate for Federal indictments is 95%. There odds are significantly against Michael Vick. Even if he is in the minority of those who are found innocent, his image is damaged significantly. Finally: Michael Vick was never as good as his contract was worth. He, quite frankly, isn't worth this kind of money and headache. If the team has a shot at a franchise QB, like a Brian Brohm, then by all means they have to take him.

Comment

if we get a shot at Brohm we'll take it...that's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                              if we get a shot at Brohm we'll take it...that's all there is to it.

The thing is, I personally think we have to be top 3 to get him. With Vick not fully invested, or even with Harrington, I don't think this is a 3-12 team.

Comment

The thing is, I personally think we have to be top 3 to get him. With Vick not fully invested, or even with Harrington, I don't think this is a 3-12 team.
                                No, we don't. We have just as much ammo next year as we did this year and we could have moved up for Calvin. Add in the fact that Kerney will get us a high comp. pick and we should be good. Trading away draft picks won't kill this team, we're already tremendously young at a bunch of spots:

CB, CB, FS, SLB, WLB, MLB depth, DE, DT depth, WR, G, HB, and FB. We don't have a pressing need to add more youth. We do, however, have a pressing need to get a leader at QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information