No announcement yet.

Vick Indicted by a FED Grand Jury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, without Vick we'll still have about as good a record as the Bucs.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

yea okay, with Joey Harrington at QB.. You have a better shot at going 3-13 then the Bucs do..LMAO
      Harrington couldn't do crap with Roy..what makes you think the kid will win you games? Brian Brohm welcome to Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh View Post
        yea okay, with Joey Harrington at QB.. You have a better shot at going 3-13 then the Bucs do..LMAO
        Harrington couldn't do crap with Roy..what makes you think the kid will win you games? Brian Brohm welcome to Atlanta
        Actually, the Bucs have a pretty damn good chance.

Comment

Mike's screwed. His friend backstabbed him.

Unless the OL steps up for Caddy (which it could), I don't see the Bucs doing much. And the defense is so young, it won't be at its best this year.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            I was just thinking this over, and realistically, if the organization still wants Vick, we can keep him.

If Vick is guilty, do you really think he is going to give up his football career, and 100 million dollar deal for a couple of dog fighters? No way. He'd take a plea bargain, and start naming names. He'd probaly end up with a fine and probation. That would probaly get him suspended for 4-8 games, considering it's a first offense. Or on the otherhand, he is innocent, and we move on. But I just read an article where Goddell is going to let this legal situation play out before he suspends him. So realistically, if we still want Vick, we should be able to keep him.
            LOL. This thread was very entertaining.
            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

And the plea is guilty. Falcons move on without Vick.

I'll be watching Woodson and Brohm closely, but also the second tier QBs who might be available in the high 2nd round, like Ainge and maybe even Brennan.
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

John David Booty is another guy, maybe even Chad Henne. Either way, I think the team will be looking at a top-10 pick at best.

Comment

Good luck to Ron "dog killer" Mexico in his new home.

He will fit right in at the Federal Pen.

My only question is he a top or bottom??

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    John David Booty is another guy, maybe even Chad Henne. Either way, I think the team will be looking at a top-10 pick at best.
                    Yup, both of those are certainly possibilities.

I was in favour of LT in the 1st, QB in the 2nd. But then I looked back at the past fifteen years of drafting, and only one 2nd round QB has turned out to be franchise quality, Drew Brees. That's a rather worrying precedent, though obviously that's all history.

Petrino may well believe that one of the very good but not perfect QBs - who would be available in the 2nd - would be a good fit for his system, and could be coached up for a year or two.

On the other hand, there are a load of very good Left Tackles available this year, and we may well be able to get a franchise calibre LT in the 2nd, and Brohm or Woodson in the 1st.

Either way, if we don't come out of the first two rounds with a QB and LT, I'm going to aggravated.

Incidentally, it seems quite possible to me, based on the past two years, that Woodson will be drafted ahead of Brohm. Unlimited potential will always be drafted ahead of proven college performance. Woodson may not have the numbers of Brohm, but he has the same huge potential as Russell. And Brohm has the negatives of "injury-prone" and "system QB" to be thrown at him. If Woodson has a good year, then I'd expect him to be a top 5 pick. If Brohm has a great year, then he should be too. But if Brohm has even just a good year, I'd expect him to have, if not a Quinn-like fall, then at least a Leinart-like slip.

Imagine getting Brohm at #10 (or possibly with a minor trade up). It's not impossible. In fact, history suggests that it may be more likely that not. Fingers crossed.

Edit: hmm, not really the appropriate place, despite responding to Shiver. Maybe i'll start a new thread for draft musings...
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information