Brunell vs Harrington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunell vs Harrington

Who would you rather have? I'm thinkin I'd rather have Brunell if he's not fallen off too much. Neither one is going to be our QB of the future, we'll be getting that in the draft more than likely. So, I'd have to say that I'd be happy with either one to be honest, but I kinda like Brunell's mobility, if he still has that, I do know he has toughness.

That being said I'd like to hear what you guys think about it. Also I'd like to see what QBs you guys like in next year's draft aside from Brohm, and I don't wanna hear about JDB either.

hmmm... I like HArrington... then give me a guy like Matt Ryan from BC in the draft in the 2nd after we get D-Mac or Jake Long in the first.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Sounds good to me...but I like Baker > Long at this point. I don't think Jake can make it as a LT...then again...he's got plenty of time to improve his footwork over this season, so he could be a big hit. D-Mac would be nice...what do you think of that kid from UK? He seems to be the real deal...I like a QB who can get out and move around, I hate having a statue back there.

Comment

Well I'm obviously not a Falcons fan but why give up something for Brunell? I mean a 6th rounder or something sure, but really what's the point? Even if he's slightly better than Harrington it's not like your playoff chances are all that great for this year either way, keep the draft picks you've got and pick up Kelly Holcomb after the Eagles cut him to be the backup.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I would be suprised if Snyder traded a player for a pick.
          Other average QB's to consider for trading
          Seneca Wallace
          Aaron Brooks (still on the market i think)
          Patrick Ramsey
          Kyle Boller

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I heard we won't look at Aaron Brooks...I doubt we go with Wallace...Boller I could see maybe...and with his strong arm, I'd like to give him a shot, he could still have a good career...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
              Sounds good to me...but I like Baker > Long at this point. I don't think Jake can make it as a LT...then again...he's got plenty of time to improve his footwork over this season, so he could be a big hit. D-Mac would be nice...what do you think of that kid from UK? He seems to be the real deal...I like a QB who can get out and move around, I hate having a statue back there.
              I hate him. he can't read defenses and makes poor decisions. think Daunte Culpepper when Culpepper doesn't have Randy Moss. he sucks... I don't like him at all... now Brohm, Ryan, JDB... I like all of them. another option is if we do get a #1 pick to trade down with Dallas for say #5 and #20-ish and get Baker at 5, get JDB at 20, get Clady at 33, and then get BJ Rahi at houston's pick. it would give us 2 OT's for the future (both play LT but Clady could move to RT easily, especially with Baker at LT), a NT ofr the future, and a QB for the future. and it would also give us a 3rd rounder for a backup LB should we re-sign Demorrio.

Owner of ScarDraft
              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                I hate him. he can't read defenses and makes poor decisions. think Daunte Culpepper when Culpepper doesn't have Randy Moss. he sucks... I don't like him at all... now Brohm, Ryan, JDB... I like all of them. another option is if we do get a #1 pick to trade down with Dallas for say #5 and #20-ish and get Baker at 5, get JDB at 20, get Clady at 33, and then get BJ Rahi at houston's pick. it would give us 2 OT's for the future (both play LT but Clady could move to RT easily, especially with Baker at LT), a NT ofr the future, and a QB for the future. and it would also give us a 3rd rounder for a backup LB should we re-sign Demorrio.

The kid is Andre Woodson, and I definately disagree. He looks like a stud.

Comment

Yeah, that's his name, I couldn't remember...I really like him. I want a bigger QB who can move around like that...and at 6'5 230 he's kinda Vince esque and I think I'd like him as our QB...playing with a poor team around him and still being good...I think it would prepare him for ATL and he'd be able to be successful...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                    Yeah, that's his name, I couldn't remember...I really like him. I want a bigger QB who can move around like that...and at 6'5 230 he's kinda Vince esque and I think I'd like him as our QB...playing with a poor team around him and still being good...I think it would prepare him for ATL and he'd be able to be successful...

I agree completely. I think he compares much better to Culpepper though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      The kid is Andre Woodson, and I definately disagree. He looks like a stud.
                      seriously, think of how good he would look in red and black.

Comment

He compares to Culpepper a lot better than Young.

Personally, I'm not in love with nxt years QB prospects. Brohm is good but I don't see the attribute that makes him top 5 overall. Woodson is also good but more of a teen prospect, where as we will be top 5 I believe. Ainge is thin, inconsistent, and has no great attribute. Brennan I don't like much. Way too thin for my taste, and the system scares me. Also a probable mid-first rounder.

If I take a QB early next year I like Chad Henne. Huge arm, great deep ball, experienced, productive, not turnover prone (1 int/44 attempts past 2 years). Somewhat shot but a nice build. Pretty consistent.

Early mock (5 rounds)-

1. Jake Long, OT Michigan
                        2a. Chad Henne, QB Michigan
                        2b. BJ Raji, NT Boston College
                        3. Yvenson Bernard, RB Oregon State/ Chauncey Washington, RB USC/ Lance Ball, RB Maryland
                        4. Jamal Lewis, SS Georgia Tech.
                        4. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama
                        5. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU

I would also like a WR, but we have a ton of needs. Best would be a 2nd and future 3rd for Larry Johnson, but that's another story.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I think a trade for Boller is a good idea. He's a good young QB and with McNair starting and Smith the potential QB of their future Boller wouldnt fetch that high of a price.

Comment

I agree MoS, But I'd have to think that it'd be rough for ATL to try to build around that as well...if they want to try that, then they miss out on Brohm, who from the beginning I said Petrino was the one telling him to go back to school so he could have an insurance plan for Vick...looks like he was brilliant in doing so...also his WRs come out this year and we could really see some amazing talent (which Louisville is not short on) suited up for Atlanta, but as shown in the previous draft, Petrino is no homer when it comes to his college kids...even his play makers he didn't reach for or set to high of a value on.

Comment

Hopefully Vick plays again. That would make this 100x easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information