So...who watched the game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...who watched the game?

I just got to hear about it. From what I heard the 1s were nasty with it. I'd like to get some updates from what people though. Robinson's stats looked real good, and obviously Roddy was snaggin it.

I saw the replay last night. Laurent is a potential future stud. It's a good thing he doesn't have to worry about 'dropping' passes thrown by vick. It's interesting that all the WR's played well and vick was no where to be seen. I guess that solves the case of the WR dropsies.....just like I figured. Roddy white still sucks though.

Comment

White had 1 drop but played a lot better

Joe Horn had a nice catch

Robinson was the most impressive

Snelling looked decent, but nothing special

Shockley struggled, he had a few nice throws, but was throwing it to hard. The interception was on a defelection.

We had some long returns
      Last edited by georgiafan; 08-11-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Our ST coverage was beyond terrible.

Jimmy Williams and Chris Houston didn't look good.

Snelling looks like he could be a decent football player.

All of our QB's were throwing high, some nice cathces saved them.

Roddy had a drop, but made a great catch as well.

Laurent looked like a guy you cna just pitch and catch with all day.

Comment

Really Jimmy and Houston struggled? Who was out there with our 1s when we were shutting them down?

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
            Really Jimmy and Houston struggled? Who was out there with our 1s when we were shutting them down?
            Houston got called for a PI call in the end zone while going up agianst a 6'3 WR. If it wasn't for that he would have gave up a TD on a jump ball.

Rossum got screwed on a PI call that should have been on the offensive and lead to a jetsTD.

Even though Shockly didn't play great his biggest problem was throwing the ball to hard which can easily be fixed.

Danny Ware looked pretty good for the jets. Stuckey also had good TD catch.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post

Jimmy was out there most of the time IIRC. He was often out of place, and missed a few tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                I saw the replay last night. Laurent is a potential future stud. It's a good thing he doesn't have to worry about 'dropping' passes thrown by vick. It's interesting that all the WR's played well and vick was no where to be seen. I guess that solves the case of the WR dropsies.....just like I figured. Roddy white still sucks though.
                LAurent has glue hands. but Roddy did drop 1... Also, the WR's had 3 things they never had with Vick. a good WR coach, a mentor in Horn AND a scheme that features them. though I do agree that Vick was a part of the problem.

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I heard something I heard on the radio that I disagreed with. John Clayton said that without Michael Vick the team doesn't have a "leader." Is this is the same Vick I saw last year? The one who questioned his coaches, called out his teammates, threw no 4th QTR touchdowns, led no come from behind charges, lost his composure often, etc.

I am much more concerned about the young defensive backfield than I am Joey Harrington. Jimmy Williams' has the physical tools, but I am afraid his mental game is not up to snuff. Chris Houston will undeniably struggle at times, as most rookie corners do.

Comment

How's Snelling doing?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                      How's Snelling doing?

He looked solid out there. He will make the team. I think he had 10 carries for 48 yards.

Comment

woohooo...just downloaded my first entire Falcons game, lol no more only watchin the games only televised on Australian TV.

I was impressed with Snelling the most, he really seems to run with power and on numerous occasions he trucked the first tackler.

We need to cut Allen Rossom before the next preseason game, he is purely a KR who cant return kicks . We need to bring in a cb with 3-6 years experience who can return kicks or at least play special teams and is 5"11-6"0, no idea if there is a guy like that out there but i hope the staff can find one. IF not, i'd even settle for a healthy Chris Cash or Ahmad Carrol if my ideal type of guy cant be found

Next...I think Jimmy is getting a bad wrap from alot of the blogers and msg boarders, sure he didnt stand out but after watching the game i wouldnt say he played bad by any means. He missed a tackle on Leon Washington that resulted in a big gain on a run on a 3rd and long but Washington has amazing feet and Jimmy came at full speed from deep zone and a miss in that situation in a preseason game at a new position is forgivable, he certainly looks the part out there as he roved around, reminded me a bit of Darren Sharpers manarasims as he bounced around out there.

It's really a crazy time to be a falcons fan, normally we would get pshyced with all these rookies and blindly believe they will all be stars, but deep down all know most of them wont be on the team in 2 years. This year though I dont feel as silly having such high hopes for our draftees and all of them look like they will be able to contribute as backups AT LEAST. I like our undrafted OL guys too.

Finally.... it felt weird seeing no #7 in there as i watched the game. I miss seeing him on the feild and i hope his name is cleared. In the mean time i have to admit i was more relaxed watching Harrington at the helm. He doesnt have the boom or bust factor vick did, he is much more predictable whereas with Vick i wasnt sure if he was going to blow me away with an amazing run or a 50 yard laser right on target, or if he was gonna overthrow a WR, get sacked or get injured.

To me falcon football will be different this year, there has been a definate change in my mentality as i watch them play....i cant work out if its good or bad, i mean I'm more relaxed with Joey there but the game just isn't as exiting without Mike. I guess i will have to wait and see if a guy who contantly rates 6-7/10 is more fun to watch than a guy who looks 10/10 on one play and 4/10 on another.
                        /rant.

edit: Laurent Robinson= massive potential
                        Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 08-13-2007, 09:36 AM.
                        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

How did you do that!? I WANT I NEED PLEASE!

Comment

i used this torrent program, it wasnt live or anything it was just good to watch the whole game instead of highlight film
                            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Joey Harrington is a 3. Not a 6-7.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information