Here's what I think (draft thoughts)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
    Since we all love to talk draft no matter what time of year it is, and how far away it is...

IF we're picking top 3 and Minnesota is picking ahead of us along with Oakland, assuming no trades...that leaves us with a shot at McFadden right? Well lets look at it like this...

1.) Minnesota - they can't go RB again, because that'd be stupid, they got AP and he's going to be a great back. So they'll go with a QB here, and I'd be guessing it's got a GREAT chance of being Brohm or Woodson.

2.) Oakland - Their offensive line is the worst in the world, and if they don't get that fixed it doesn't matter who they bring in to run the ball...not that they need a RB anyway with Jordan and Rhodes. So they look for a guy like Baker or Long...or who knows...maybe he wants to go with another California guy and pickup a WR who can return kicks and stuff for his team as well.

3.) Atlanta - Well...that leaves us with a HUGE variety of options...here I'd almost rather trade down with a team like Dallas for Cleveland and their own pick...OR we could stay pat and pickup yet ANOTHER Razorback and go with Darren McFadden who imo is the best RB prospect in a very long time...only AP rivals him in recent history. Giving us Norwood and McFadden in the backfield and then leaving us still with question marks at QB...BUT...Petrino's system is known for making QBs perform better...so...I'm thinking we could find a QB who could work for us later in the draft with a QB class as deep as this year's is.
    i disagree and think bush rivals AP and mcfadden as the best RB prospects in a very long time..jus reminding u jus in case u forgot bout him lol

Comment

Don't get Oxy started on Reggie Bush, bad idea.

Comment

rofl bush and shockley.

Comment

One thing I do give Oxy credit for, he's been consistent in his rage against Reggie Bush. Even before he was drafted by a division rival.

Comment

i think he's more passionate about shockley haha.

Comment

They're right don't get me started on the WR from the University of Spoiled Children. If he ever becomes a RB I'll talk about him then, until then he's not a RB prospect, he's a good football player, but he's a WR / KR guy.

Comment

Wow, ya'll are optimistic.

With this secondary, including 0 people who can copver consistently, our defense will not be nasty. It is weak. With essentially 2 rookies in the secondary we know we will give up big plays, then add in a aging SS who is essentially a LB and a selfish CB and it won't be pretty.

On offense our running game will be slow to adjust to the new system and we still aren't big up front.

The pass game will be explosive at times, but drops and inconsistency will plague it.

I see 2-7 wins, up to 9 if Harrington has a huge reassurgance.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Oh, and saying _____ has this doesn't work. It is usually optimism talking. BPA is often the case. I could have said (and did) that Adrian Peterson or LaRon Landry would have fallen to us. But the Redskins defied all logic by selecting Landry over defensive lineman and the Vikings failed to reward a 1,200 yard back by drafting Peterson.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

how would colt brennan fit into our offense? there are the obvious haters but i really like his style and his talent is evident. we could take a dominant LT in the first and maybe brennan drops to the second? he is old (i think 23?) but perhaps he can be a steal.

im still pissed that we let gaither slip through our hands. ravens had ogden for a good decade now they have a monster in gaither for the future. sheesh. all we got is gandy at LT.

Comment

Both Brennan and Brohm has "system QB" tags on them. If there was any place they could succeed it would be in Atlanta. I'm not a big fan of Brennan though. I would rather look at a Matt Ryan, John David Booty or Erik Ainge. All of whom come from legitimate NFL-ready offenses and are very accurate.
                      Last edited by Shiver; 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Both Brennan and Brohm has "system QB" tags on them. If there was any place they could succeed it would be in Atlanta. I'm not a big fan of Brennan though. I would rather look at a Matt Ryan, John David Booty or Erik Ainge. All of whom come from legitimate NFL-ready offenses and are very accurate.
                        Agreed, but I might wanna give Brennan a shot as a 3rd or maybe 2nd round pick, and have him sit a year and learn the offense, behind Joey Harrington (if Harrington performs well). With that, we could use our top picks at LT, DT.

I really do like Sam Baker though. I also like Rey Ma...guala. If we do end up picking around the 10-14 zone, and all good players are taken and Rey is there, I hope we snatch him up.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Keith Brooking is a FA in '09 and quite frankly he's lost a step. I wouldn't mind adding a beast at MLB. It's hard to justify that with such pressing needs at LT and QB, though. Wayne Gandy is a FA and I didn't want him in the first place. Even DT could be a position that could be addressed, Grady Jackson and Rod Coleman aren't exactly young.

I say:
                          • draft Sam Baker
                          • trade up into the first and take either of the three QBs I mentioned; Matt Ryan, in particular I am enamored with.
                          Last edited by Shiver; 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information