Falcons' Gameday Week 1 (Vikings) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons' Gameday Week 1 (Vikings) Thread

All Falcons vs Vikings discussions go here.

Should I start Norwood or Lamont Jordan (against DET)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Jordan

I love Norwood, but I don't think he will be involved enough.

Comment

This game is fascinating to me. Both teams have bad secondaries, statistically from last year anyway, and passing games that are shrouded in mystery. Both teams are known for running the ball and stopping the run. It's strength versus strength, weakness versus weakness.

Comment

....we clearly have the advantage in the fashion stakes however, the vikings now have the worst jersey i have ever seen. This opposed to the falcons black on black which, IMO is the best jersey in the NFL, obiviously that wont be worn sunday but even our white on white is worlds better that Minnesota's. Pat Williams looks like Grimace from McDonalds in the home strip.

But yeh im pumped for the game, sorry i just played the Vikings on madden and their jerseys annoyed me for the entire game, hence the rant above.
          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

The reason I think we will win is Atlanta has a pass rush and Minnesota does not. If Abraham and Anderson can get loose and get to Jackson, advantage us.

Comment

Yep there you have it. Atlanta will win...

A. Because of our pass rush
              B. Because they dont look like purple jelly beans
              Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

this game will show us what our run defense can do after last years weak showing. i have a really bad feeling that all day is gonna run all day on us.

should i start norwood or turner? haha, my rb situation on my ff team sucks.

Comment

Who else do you have for options at RB. I just don't see Norwood getting enough touches week 1, Bobby wants to get Dunn established as much as he's talked about him. Then again, maybe it's smokescreen and Norwood is going to be out there pounding it a lot, but I'd be shocked if Dunn didn't get quite a few more touches than Norwood. I have Jerious on my team as well, but I got him in the 2nd to last round I think, and he's my 4th RB.

This game is going to depend on Montavious Stanley and Grady Jackson taking up defenders. We have 2 guys who take up a LOT of space now, and we can spell Jackson like we need to and he'll be effective. There is NO question about Abe and Jamaal's ability to stop the run and hold up the point, not one about Grady's either, but I'm interested to see if we stick both Stanley and Grady in there on known running situations and basically send a 2 man pass rush with Jamaal and Abe...but I'm certain our LBs know how to fly to the ball so if our DTs can keep Offensive Linemen off of them then we're going to win this game. Our LBs are playmakers, every last one of them, but none of them fight off blocks exceptionally well. When they're left alone to go after the ball is when they are going to be scary, so once we prove we can plug the middle, look out, it's going to be a LONG day trying to run outside on this team.

Comment

Atlanta was 6th in the NFL last year in allowing only 3.6 YPC against its defense.

Comment

I am pissed. I have ******* football practice every Sunday at 1:00.

Any site I can see the replay?
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I'm also missing it for a big football game, but will get back around 5:30 and just watch it recorded. No commercial breaks for me :D.

Comment

Why did Dunn get so many carries? It was pretty obvious he wasn't doing anything, so why not let Norwood loose?

Comment

Dear god. This is going to be one LONG season.

Hope you guys dont mind, but I'm gonna go cheer the Texans as wlel.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              Dear god. This is going to be one LONG season.

Hope you guys dont mind, but I'm gonna go cheer the Texans as wlel.

Mario is so beastly.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information