No announcement yet.

Falcons' Gameday Week 1 (Vikings) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really pumped for the game today but I was brought back to earth by our team poor play.I think we seen today that Joey Harringtion is not the answer at QB...Im not saying todays lost is his fault but he held on to the ball way to long.Why was Petrino so consistant on running the ball up the middle?....I really like our offense but Joey is not the answer...

Comment

The Dallas Cowboys are taking offers for the #1 pick which you can use on Brohm.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Mario is so beastly.
        Played a horrid line.

Comment

We have so many weaknesses in next years draft...

LT
          C
          QB
          RB
          WR
          SS
          DE
          NT
          MLB

Our top pick should be interesting. DeSean Jackson, Brian Brohm, Darren McFadden, Jake Long, Kenny Phillips. Dorsey is good but we need a NT. Even though I have my doubts at DE and DE depth, I doubt we go there early. No standout MLBs either. PR/ KR/ WR would all be bolstered with DeSean Jackson. McFadden would be good, considering the coaches have very little faith in Norwood (5 carries???). Brohm is a good pick, but I would be fine with someone like Henne in early round 2.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

If Henne becomes a Falcon I will never EVER watch the Falcons again.

In the draft we don't have as many 'needs' as you listed. But our 'needs' are...

LT, NT

You listed QB..that's a joke...Joey was not bad...at all. Joey looked fine back there actually, our WRs screwed him and 1 fluke batted pass.

C is fine, we have our C on the IR right now. RB, we need a power back but we have our feature back. WR, sure, but Robinson is legit, and I don't know about WRs in this year's draft at least not super high caliber ones. SS...uh...have you completely forgotten about Stone? DE...give me a break...maybe a backup DE late, but Anderson and Abe are $$$ Davis is a very good backup. MLB...maybe...but there aren't any of those.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
              If Henne becomes a Falcon I will never EVER watch the Falcons again.

In the draft we don't have as many 'needs' as you listed. But our 'needs' are...

LT, NT

You listed QB..that's a joke...Joey was not bad...at all. Joey looked fine back there actually, our WRs screwed him and 1 fluke batted pass.
              You're kidding yourself if you think QB isn't a need. Both LT and QB have to be addressed. Harrington is lousy, Gandy is lousy.

C is fine, we have our C on the IR right now.
              McClure is fine and he's not even that old.

RB, we need a power back but we have our feature back.
              A bigger back is a need, but not a pressing one. Adding one in free agency or in the late day-1 would be fine.

WR, sure, but Robinson is legit, and I don't know about WRs in this year's draft at least not super high caliber ones.
              The last thing I want is another WR via the draft.

SS...uh...have you completely forgotten about Stone?
              So we are putting all of our hope in a 6th round player? He's been impressive, to be sure, but I cannot say that I disagree with SS being a need.

DE...give me a break...maybe a backup DE late, but Anderson and Abe are $$$ Davis is a very good backup.
              You could always use some more depth. It isn't a need though.

MLB...maybe...but there aren't any of those.
              It depends ifRey Maualuga declares.

Comment

Are you serious iloxygenil?..So QB is not a problem....Did you watch todays game? People keep bringing up the fact the Harrington threw for a high completion rating but Petrino offense is QB friendly and every single completion Harrington had was on short routes.In translantion Harrington cant throw the deep ball and he hold on to the ball way to long. We need a new QB.

Comment

Uh...yeah...I saw the game, I saw the couple bad passes, I saw the couple fluke passes, but do you really think we're going to get a QB in here that is going to always make the perfect pass? As fans we need to get our heads out of our asses and realize that it doesn't take a perfect QB to win, it just takes one who can manage the game and make some things happen, our WRs early on weren't able to get open, and they were playing Cover 2, which means the over the top plays should be covered up if they were playing it well, and with Sharper back there they were. Joey did a fine job yesterday, not a great one, and our defense gave us a chance to win, but feeding the rock to Warrick 22 times and Jerious only 5 killed us. Jerious was about 1 foot short of breaking a TD run...only barely missed that stiff arm and he was gone. So we need people to help Joey, we're just used to having a playmaker QB, now we have what everyone's been screaming for, a pocket QB who manages the game, and everyone's upset.

Comment

Joey Harrington is a good clock manager.Meaning that he will eat up the clock with 8 and 10 yard passes all game.But the thing that worried me from the game yesterday is that the guy simple cant stay compose when he see a blitz coming and this is why Detroit and Miami both sent him packing.Sorry I never wanted a pocket QB, I really dont give a crap if you give me garry coleman aslong as he dont cause the team any stupid turnovers and get the ball to our receivers

Comment

For me LT is a way way bigger proirity than QB at the moment. That said QB is the 2nd biggest need

Here, Ill try to scale our needs
                      LT.............................QB......NT..RB..SS. .MLB

I want a big athletic future all pro in there at LT (punches self in face and thinks about Jared Gaither) DO WE REALISE HE WOULD ALREADY BE STARTING!!

Id settle for Jake Long in the first and then Eric Ainge or Matt Moore or Sam Keller in round 2 at the moment
                      Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

jake long then colt brennan!

Comment

Hey i have a ? for ya'll who is the dirty birds back up QB with shockley done, sorry for being late and go Falcons:)

Also who is the starting LT since that was a huge weakness by all accounts??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Chris Redman and Wayne Gandy, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Chris Redman and Wayne Gandy, respectively.
                              I'm stupid, i forgot about Redman, do you think he could get some snaps at starter, from the game i saw in preseason he didn't look that bad.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

i doubt redman plays unless harrington gets hurt this year. i dont wanna even imagine redman leading our offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information