Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons Rant Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post
    I got flamed for saying the same thing on the official board about Brooking. Yes, I realize that our defensive tackles didn't give us a whole lot, but I would expect a supposed Pro Bowl MLB to be able to beat a block every now and then and make a tackle on a rookie (however talented, still a rookie) running back. We need an upgrade at that position next season unless Taylor is ready to take over. The sad part is we already have our upgrade at running back and we aren't using it.

    Brooking hasn't deserved most of his pro-bowl appearances. The one season he did deserve it was in '04.

    Comment


    • #17
      Atlanta passed on Tony Ugoh. I like both of the players that Atlanta took; however, Ugoh plays the more important position and he's been great for the Colts thus far. Now a UDFA rookie is playing LT.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Brooking hasn't deserved most of his pro-bowl appearances. The one season he did deserve it was in '04.
        In all seriousness, I can hardly recall Brooking making any plays behind the line of scrimmage. He should NOT be sent on a blitz, he is ALWAYS blocked out of it. He was never a burner, but he's lost even that much speed he did have. Boley easily outplays him on almost every down. Also, Demorrio is still obviously struggling. We should be playing Nicholas a lot more until Demorrio is completely 100%. At this point, here are my wants come draft day:

        1. Glenn Dorsey (we're much closer to having a dominant defense than a dominant offense, might as well add the final pieces)

        2. Matt Ryan (hopefully he'll fall to the 2nd, but if not, either he, Brohm, or Woodson will be there in the late first so we can trade up to grab them..there aren't a whole lot of teams needing a young QB right now)

        3. Middle linebacker (McKay is great at finding linebackers in later rounds, so a 3rd-5th on a middle linebacker would be sufficient, I think)

        4. Offensive tackle (big, mean, and strong...pass blocker first, run blocker second)

        Comment


        • #19
          Hey, this is a useful thread.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

          Next Up: 2012

          Comment


          • #20
            I think I might edit out 'Roddy White starting? Wtf' part. But I was just thinking about this thread.

            Honestly what the ****? Why is there such confusion between Hall and the Falcons? Half the times he says he wants to play with us, and the other half says he doesnt. What the **** is the FO telling him that can make him hate us so much? I dont agree with the BS locker room cancer **** that Shiver is saying. He is not a cancer. He is very emotional and competitive. That is supposed to be a 'cancer'? **** that. He wants to win. He is a ******* good CB who is only 24 years old. Do you know how hard it is to find a CB like that? Might as well be impossible.

            He doesnt deserve star or special treatment from the FO, but the FO needs to realize that he is our BEST PLAYER. Cleaning house is fine if you get rid of the old veterans that are no longer good or are replaceable. You do not get rid of DeAngelo Hall.

            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              I think I might edit out 'Roddy White starting? Wtf' part. But I was just thinking about this thread.

              Honestly what the ****? Why is there such confusion between Hall and the Falcons? Half the times he says he wants to play with us, and the other half says he doesnt. What the **** is the FO telling him that can make him hate us so much? I dont agree with the BS locker room cancer **** that Shiver is saying. He is not a cancer. He is very emotional and competitive. That is supposed to be a 'cancer'? **** that. He wants to win. He is a ******* good CB who is only 24 years old. Do you know how hard it is to find a CB like that? Might as well be impossible.

              He doesnt deserve star or special treatment from the FO, but the FO needs to realize that he is our BEST PLAYER. Cleaning house is fine if you get rid of the old veterans that are no longer good or are replaceable. You do not get rid of DeAngelo Hall.
              I agree. I am frustrated with everything that has happened. From Mora to Vick to Petrino to the Mike Smith hiring to the coordinator hiring to DeAngelo Hall. And there is a rumour the Giants deal is almost completed. Honestly, if we get that little value for DeAngelo Hall I might be done with this team, and pro football really.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

              Next Up: 2012

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                I agree. I am frustrated with everything that has happened. From Mora to Vick to Petrino to the Mike Smith hiring to the coordinator hiring to DeAngelo Hall. And there is a rumour the Giants deal is almost completed. Honestly, if we get that little value for DeAngelo Hall I might be done with this team, and pro football really.
                the trade still can't happen until friday, so the price will probably go up.

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information