Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons Rant Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Falcons Rant Thread.

    I am kinda upset. It would be nice to get these feelings out.

    Are fans the only ones that see that Dunn is ineffective? he averaged like 2 yards a carry, while Norwood averaged 6.6. and why are we not involving Norwood in the passing game? Why are we not using him like Bush? He can be just as effective, if not better.

    Roddy White starting? Seriously?

    Frickin injuries. Wtf.

    Our kicking situation? wtf? The best kicker in the draft was there until the 6th round. Why did we not get him? He was 3/3 today, with a best of 53 yards. Good job FO, good job.

    I guess Harrington is not who we thought he would be.

    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

  • #2
    Yup id trade the Milner pick for Crosby anyday, I knew he was for real at the time and couldnt believe we went in another direction
    Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      I am kinda upset. It would be nice to get these feelings out.

      Are fans the only ones that see that Dunn is ineffective? he averaged like 2 yards a carry, while Norwood averaged 6.6. and why are we not involving Norwood in the passing game? Why are we not using him like Bush? He can be just as effective, if not better.

      Roddy White starting? Seriously?

      Frickin injuries. Wtf.

      Our kicking situation? wtf? The best kicker in the draft was there until the 6th round. Why did we not get him? He was 3/3 today, with a best of 53 yards. Good job FO, good job.

      I guess Harrington is not who we thought he would be.

      I can only half blame the FO for Harrington. I wanted Culpepper, but I liked the move to make Harrington our #2. They couldn't have guessed what would have happend with Vick.

      Comment


      • #4
        Joey Harrington throwing for under 200 yards, no touchdowns, and 2 picks against the NFL's worst pass defense in '06 nice.
        Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

        Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

        Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

        Comment


        • #5
          Roddy White did a good job all things considered today. He caught everything catchable today. The passing game will only take off when we can run the football. Dunn is ineffective, and I honestly think it would be great if we could resign Snelling.

          Minnesota ran a lot of Cover 2 today, and a great counter to that is to run it. The only problem with that is the place were you need to run is up the middle. Unless we can suddenly get bigger up front we need to find someone that can run the ball with authority. I have seen Norwood do that, and I know Snelling can do it. We could have the same problem next week, unless we do something, because Jacksonville will throw Marcus Stroud at us.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joercky View Post
            Joey Harrington throwing for under 200 yards, no touchdowns, and 2 picks against the NFL's worst pass defense in '06 nice.
            One of those ints was a freak play. I don't think many DT's could catch the ball in that situation, and I don't think the same guy could do that again. The other one was on Michael Jenkins. I think we are starting to see why he is #3 now. Joey made some very good decisions today, and a few bad ones. The problem that we had today was our offense being one dimensional, and that spawned from us not being able to move the ball on the ground.
            Last edited by Chris30277; 09-09-2007, 08:20 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chris30277 View Post
              One of those ints was a freak play. I don't think man DT's could catch the ball in that situation, and I don't think the same guy could do that again. The other one was on Michael Jenkins. I think we are starting to see why he is #3 now. Joey made some very good decisions today, and a few bad ones. The problem that we had today was our offense being one dimensional, and that spawned from us not being able to move the ball on the ground.
              Which was because Dunn was running the ball too much.

              I can name all of Norwoods runs and all of them were good, except for one where he was tackled for no gain, but even on that play, he stiff armed one guy so badly. The other one was 3rd and 2, where he gained 2 yards, which I wouldnt consider bad. The rest were all like 12,16,12 yards ish.

              "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

              Comment


              • #8
                It's really starting to sink in now, how badly we where screwed over on draft day. I think Anderson will be a good player, but it's just tough to look at Peterson and Landry and know we could have had them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  On the bright side DeAngelo Hall wasn't torched. That's a step in the right direction. There are not a lot of things to be optimistic about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    True. DeAngelo's interception was a sick catch. I could watch that all day.

                    Speaking of all day....:(

                    I think there are more dissapointing things at the moment, than optimistic.

                    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I take a LOT of great things to take from this game...you guys do realize that our defense is nasty...our ST really needs work...but oh well...

                      I'm so happy that we have a super defense...I think it's stupid to say we didn't stop the run well...well guess what...I disagree. We forced them to run one way, Brooking just wasn't able to capitalize for us from middle. But I'm very happy with what I saw out there, I'd like a better pass rush, but to be honest, we weren't in a position to get after the quarterback.

                      On offense...Dunn really needs to get benched...he's good, but Norwood is SO much better, sorry we need a playmaker on the field, Dunn is safe, but he's not going to really do anything 'special' anymore. Make Norwood learn how to pickup the blitz.

                      Joey wasn't nearly as bad as the numbers look, not even remotely actually...neither INT was really his fault and he made good decisions for the most part. If he threw that first pass 100 more times he would never catch that again. It's just bad breaks for us, but I'll be very happy the more touches we get Norwood because he's the one who's going to be setting the table for this offense and breaking nothing and making it a touchdown. I'm not at all worried about this season because we are going to be competitive. We're going to be in a lot of games we shouldn't have been in, but we'll be in them...if we lose...we lose, but I'm going to enjoy watching football.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                        I take a LOT of great things to take from this game...you guys do realize that our defense is nasty...our ST really needs work...but oh well...

                        I'm so happy that we have a super defense...I think it's stupid to say we didn't stop the run well...well guess what...I disagree. We forced them to run one way, Brooking just wasn't able to capitalize for us from middle. But I'm very happy with what I saw out there, I'd like a better pass rush, but to be honest, we weren't in a position to get after the quarterback.

                        On offense...Dunn really needs to get benched...he's good, but Norwood is SO much better, sorry we need a playmaker on the field, Dunn is safe, but he's not going to really do anything 'special' anymore. Make Norwood learn how to pickup the blitz.

                        Joey wasn't nearly as bad as the numbers look, not even remotely actually...neither INT was really his fault and he made good decisions for the most part. If he threw that first pass 100 more times he would never catch that again. It's just bad breaks for us, but I'll be very happy the more touches we get Norwood because he's the one who's going to be setting the table for this offense and breaking nothing and making it a touchdown. I'm not at all worried about this season because we are going to be competitive. We're going to be in a lot of games we shouldn't have been in, but we'll be in them...if we lose...we lose, but I'm going to enjoy watching football.
                        I got flamed for saying the same thing on the official board about Brooking. Yes, I realize that our defensive tackles didn't give us a whole lot, but I would expect a supposed Pro Bowl MLB to be able to beat a block every now and then and make a tackle on a rookie (however talented, still a rookie) running back. We need an upgrade at that position next season unless Taylor is ready to take over. The sad part is we already have our upgrade at running back and we aren't using it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well, I was right on draft day saying trading up was the only way to guarentee landing Peterson/ Landry. Or even Brown. Now I'm right saying Peterson is an absolute beast, although others agreed. I wanted him so bad pre-draft. Landry too, although I'm not sure how he did the other day.

                          Anderson is potential, but should have went in the teens, somewhere between Saint Louis and Cincinattii IMO. Kind of defeats the purpose of trading up.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                          Next Up: 2012

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sigh. Kicking problems...once again...

                            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              Sigh. Kicking problems...once again...
                              Prater has probably already been cut.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information