For people who watched the game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post

Why do you think that is? Is it because Jamaal wasn't allowing anything to happen on his side? Again, I'm not saying he's not going to be good, because I think he will be, I'm just proving my point that he wasn't as disruptive as you think he was.
    Considering a team had to gameplan for a rookie...ya...he's as disruptive as I think he is...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      I really don't like you Bama...really...I'm just going to put that out there. I'm not a homer...I'm putting things in the proper perspective. For rookies...they had good games. Blalock did a MUCH better job than anything we saw last year, except when Clabo had a couple good games.

Anderson had amazing push early...and is Jamaal supposed to keep a guy from running up the middle? NEWP, newbies know nothing obviously...but his job is to hold the point of attack...did you not notice not much of anything at all was able to happen on his side? I mean if you really watched the game in slow mo and 3 times at that, I'm SURE you saw it...right? Yes, he wore down as the game went on, but if you'll notice, their playcalling was different too. He was getting push when they weren't 1-2 second plays...no DE in football gets push on plays like that. To say that he had anything LESS than a good game for a rookie DE is foolishness. You have to keep things in perspective, and that's what most of the people here SUCK at. To say that he should have been #18 is also pretty foolish, did you not watch him in the pre-season? Might want to re-watch the 3rd game...that's just a FLASH of his potential...if he plays up to that level consistently he's going to be a top 5 DE in the league...maybe higher...to say that's not worth the #8 pick means you may be the least intelligent person I've ever met. Jamaal was picked on his raw ability and talent, not on his polished proven skill. He has the tools, we have to coach him properly. The Vikings had a good gameplan because they were ahead and could play that way, neutralized our pass rush.
      Ok, that's fine.

I don't know if you saw the stat, but it logged the amount of Peterson rushing yards to each direction after the half, and all were to the middle or right. Lots were to the middle, but saying he plugged the run isn't entirely true. He also didn't get much pressure on the QB facing a mediocre right tackle. Now, considering he was a prospect based off of potential, I don't expect a ton of production early on. But I'm not going to be a homer and say he played great. None to the left. I'm not saying he doesn't have the tools. I'm saying he was not the 8th best prospect in the draft.

JaMarcus Russell
      Adrian Peterson
      Calvin Johnson
      Gaines Adams
      Joe Thomas
      LaRon Landry

All, IMO, are definitely better prospects. I would also have, albeit not neccessarily for us, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis, Levi Brown, MarShawn Lynch and Adam Carriker rated higher.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I did see the stat, but when he was in there they didn't run well to his side either...and if you didn't notice they doubled and chipped him MOST of the game after he was pushing the RT wherever he wanted early on.

Comment

Considering a team had to gameplan for a rookie...ya...he's as disruptive as I think he is...
          What kind of game plan is running right at him? Abraham has a reputation for not being so great against the run (it's not true, but it's there), why didn't they run against him with a great left side? It's because they know Anderson doesn't have the technique down and he was going to struggle some.

Comment

So, that's why they doubled him and chipped him and cut him? Yeah...if that's not game planning for a rookie...nothing is...

Comment

So, that's why they doubled him and chipped him and cut him? Yeah...if that's not game planning for a rookie...nothing is...
              And I take it you thought he was "disruptive" against Jacksonville too? I'm not bashing him, because he's a really unrefined rookie, but he hasn't done much of anything up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post
                And I take it you thought he was "disruptive" against Jacksonville too? I'm not bashing him, because he's a really unrefined rookie, but he hasn't done much of anything up to this point.
                Very true. Not saying he won't do anything, but it's dissappointing seeing Calvin Johnson, Levi Brown, Adrian Peterson, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis, etc etc make plays. Then again Gaines Adams, Joe Thomas, JaMarcus Russell, Adam Carriker, etc etc haven't done much either.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Everyone knew that he was raw, so I'm not surprised that he hasn't been a game-breaker already. However, he's already shown some signs. He actually held up reasonably well against one of the better run-blocking RTs (Tony Pashos), and beat him to the outside on several occasions.

He's not there yet, but I think the promise is there.
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information