No announcement yet.

The Brian Brohm Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent had a chance to watch Douglas play that much but he is too small for me only 175. If we do draft a WR next year I would love to get one of the those 6'5 guys for some red zone help.

Comment

We haven't been in a position to use Norwood 'appropriately' we've been stuck in positions to try to just move the ball down the field little by little until we can put some points up...and be in a position to be aggressive.

Comment

douglas is a standout wide receiver and its unfortunate that he doesnt play in a more competitive conference where his skills can be better appreciated. although measurements are important, a wr needs to have a natural knack for the position and douglas has that. hes shifty and plays as if hes bigger than he really is. just look at steve smith and then ashley lelie.

Comment

Thing is, it's rather irrelevant, since we'd be nuts to draft a receiver in the 2nd round. We have too many holes to plug, and WR is suddenly starting to look respectable.

Roddy has started his 3rd year well, Robinson has shown plenty of promise, Jenks is a pretty good slot guy, and Horn can still make plays. Maybe we'll be looking for a 2nd day steal, and we may even look first day in a year or two, but I really can't see us picking up a receiver first day this year.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Never know...I mean we all know we have a lot of needs, but we may find a big time faller out of the first round into the 2nd, and having 2 2nd round picks...it could be worth it...

Comment

Another 200 yards for Douglas. But 2 picks, and a loss, for Brohm. Advantage Woodson... let's see how he deals with arkansas.

Comment

how long do we have horn under contract?

Comment

Kentucky is going to lose to Arkansas. Also you fail to mention what 400+ yards and 4 TDs for Brohm who was forcing trying to keep his team in a game that should have never been close if they had ANY form of a defense. I like both...the more I see the more I want either one so it doesn't matter, but no need to knock Brohm since he's playing lights out.

Horn's contract was 2 or 3 years I forget.

Comment

Today's game against Carolina makes me want McFadden even more.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Why would you want to draft a QB when you have Joey Harrington LOL. He did play lights out today. It would be so funny if he kept this up all season.
                      Last edited by Stash; 09-23-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Any QB can play well when he gets all the time in the world. I'll hold of judgment until he plays well when he has some pressure in his face. That said, it was a pleasant surprise. Shame about the defense...

Comment

I am back on Brohm's bandwagon. I think his college experience and very sound throwing motion and footwork are going to be very good tools at the next level. And heres something I found at the afmb:

"If we're going by defensive team rankings, in particular secondaries, then Brohm has faced the better competition. Top 50 secondaries that Brohm has faced:

#2 Rutgers - 1 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 Rushing TD
                          #7 Pittsburgh - 4 TDs, 0 INTs
                          #14 UConn - 1 TDs, 2 INTs
                          #15 Utah - 4 TDs, 0 INTs
                          #16 WVU - 2 TDs, 2 INTs
                          #22 Kentucky - 2 TDs, 1 INT

So thats 6 top 25 secondaries and Brohm compiled 14 TDS, and 5 INTs.

Andre Woodson
                          #6 LSU - 3 TDs, 2 INTs
                          #18 Vandy - 1 TD, 0 INTs
                          #25 UGA - 1 TD, 1 INTs

So thats 6 TDs, 3 INTs against top 25 secondaries. "

I dont know if you can really count the whole schedule thing against him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I love the kid and have him at 4 in my rankings.

1. Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
                            2. Jake Long, OT Michigan
                            3. Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
                            3. Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU

Very gritty performance against Rutgers. Made some plays by breaking tackles, making plays with his legs, and was smart with the ball.

And that throw to Harry Douglas at the end of the game was great. Very difficult throw to squeeze in there.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

For me, there are two conflicting considerations:

1. I think that Brohm is a guaranteed solid QB in the Petrino scheme. He might never be Marino or Manning, but I doubt that he'll be worse than Hasselbeck or pre-injury Pennington. He'll always give his team the opportunity to win games. In my book, that guarantee is worth top 5 value.

2. On the other hand, there are enough doubts about Brohm - mainly regarding scheme, and the fact that Woodson and Ryan have higher upsides in an upside-obsessed league - to push him down the draft. In that case, it would be remiss not to explore the possibility of moving around the draft, especially since we could still get an elite talent at the top of the draft.

If we could get either Long or McFadden at #3 - both of whom would greatly help a new QB - it would become a question of how long we could wait before jumping up to get Brohm.

To an extent, what I'd be willing to give up would depend on what we got in the 1st. If we take Long, I think we can give up both 2nds to move up to around #15-20. We can get a more-than-capable power complement to Norwood in the second day or FA.

If we get McFadden, I think we have to retain at least one of the 2nd rounders to draft an OT. In that scenario, we might have to look at future picks. I'd HATE to give up a future 1st - look how that worked out for the Niners. However, a future 2nd would be more tolerable. The risk factor is significantly less. A current and future 2nd should be capable of getting us up to around #20, which should be enough.

That, in my mind, would be ideal. Coming out of this draft with McFadden, Brohm and, say, Chris Williams, would be fantastic, even at the loss of a 2nd next year.

Of course, the risk is that someone takes Brohm before he gets down into that territory. That would suck, and would leave us with a much more risky prospect for the vital QB position.

Comment

I could see Jamaal Anderson moving to DT if Long is the clear-cut top value.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information