X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, that was depressing. Prater.
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I hate kickers. Look at it this way, most our players play well but we still push ourselves closer and closer to Mr Woodson or Mr Brohm.
      Prater single handedly cost us the game, we were the better team.

i like Forster and Houston to start from now on. Is Billy Cundif still a Free Agent?
      Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

As I said, I just want to beat Carolina next week. The fact that the team played the Jaguars tough at their place is good enough for me and my expectations.

Comment

well said shiver. i think its between us, the chiefs, and the browns for the #1 overall pick.

Comment

Good job, guys. That obviously should have closer. Joey Harrington wasn't as terrible as I thought he would be, although 7 sacks ain't pretty, albeit O-line is a factor. Roddy White actually did something, which was nice.

Sayonara for four years.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Much closer game then I thought.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I heard Abe was a force.

Comment

abe's performance today was reminiscent of his debut game against the panthers. he played very well but his stats might not reflect that because garrard was very aware and got away from possible sacks.

roddy played lights out today imo. harrington seems to rely on him and they linked up for many important completions today. i loved roddy's energy and YAC.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                    well said shiver. i think its between us, the chiefs, and the browns for the #1 overall pick.

Right now were in the driver's seat for the first pick. The biggest competition is Buffalo.

Comment

I would hope that Buffalo's pass coverage, as struggling as it may be, wouldn't sink to the depths of letting Reggie Williams score a TD on them.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

ouch.. low blow.

Comment

As much as it hurts, it's scientific proof that can't be denied. I'm sorry.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

What a joke. Our secondary played well today, but it's going to get better when Houston steps up and takes the role away from Sanders. I am glad Lewis is standing up and fighting, and he'll make a great Nickel corner, but now it's time to get Houston out there starting opposite Deangelo and throw the kid in the fire. Our season is far from over, but you guys have already jumped ship and are clamoring for the #1 overall pick in the draft. I'm very VERY excited about what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball. I'd like some more consistent pressure, but overall was good. It's good to see that we have the talent out there on that side of the ball to keep us in games. We are just lacking a couple playmakers on offense. Norwood isn't getting enough touches, that's all there is to it. Robinson will be our playmaker on WR, but he's not ready for that, and he may not be the big play threat we have to have...we're yet to see that. But our QB is NOT the issue folks, Joey is JUST fine. He's not the problem, he may not be the answer, but he's not the biggest position we need to replace. We have to protect our QB better, no matter who he is. Now we need to get some players out there to help him and his managing style.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                              What a joke. Our secondary played well today, but it's going to get better when Houston steps up and takes the role away from Sanders. I am glad Lewis is standing up and fighting, and he'll make a great Nickel corner, but now it's time to get Houston out there starting opposite Deangelo and throw the kid in the fire. Our season is far from over, but you guys have already jumped ship and are clamoring for the #1 overall pick in the draft. I'm very VERY excited about what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball. I'd like some more consistent pressure, but overall was good. It's good to see that we have the talent out there on that side of the ball to keep us in games.
                              Here is where I agree with you. The defense is very solid. They haven't faced a legitimate offense yet, but still they aren't too blame.

We are just lacking a couple playmakers on offense. Norwood isn't getting enough touches, that's all there is to it.
                              Agreed, they need to use him as a check down and let him make a play in the open field.

Robinson will be our playmaker on WR, but he's not ready for that, and he may not be the big play threat we have to have...we're yet to see that.
                              I definitely like what I've seen from him and all of the '07 draft class

But our QB is NOT the issue folks, Joey is JUST fine. He's not the problem, he may not be the answer, but he's not the biggest position we need to replace. We have to protect our QB better, no matter who he is. Now we need to get some players out there to help him and his managing style.
                              Here is where you are dead wrong in my opinion. Joey Harrington is very much not fine. He is one of the worst starting Quarterbacks in the NFL. He has more interceptions than touchdowns, he shows poor pocket awareness, limited arm strength and has been in the league long enough to know he'll never improve. He's like Michael Vick, only he's worse as a passer and he cannot run. Does the rest of the offense need an upgrade? Yes they do, but the Joey Harrington is definitely an issue and definitely is not fine. I might take him over Tarvaris Jackson. That's the only QB in the league I wouldn't take over Harrington.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 09-17-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

iloxygenil we know you love the team but being realistic were looking 4-12 dead in the face right now.We have only scored 10 points in two games and so far Joey is on pace to break David Carr sack record by 30 sacks.Cleveland put up 50 points and Anderson had 5 TD's and Oakland can easily be 2-0 right now so where does that leave Atlanta? Worst team in the leauge?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information